Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Man Utd - Verdict Thread

L

Lowveld Wolf

Poor first half, much better second and Neves' goal was a stunner. We've not yet played well in the league with Jimi and Jota probably the two players most below form. Rui and Boly aside, no one is yet up to the standard of last season.
Traore changed the match with some stunning runs and some better than his average crosses.
Rui earned us the point with a great save. He's looked good in all the matches that I've seen this season.
Heard on the radio today that Pogba has been getting 'racist' abuse on social media following his 'penalty miss' (ffs, it was a great save, not a miss). Anyone know anything about this? Was it primarily Utd fans giving out the abuse or Wolves' fans or a mix of all fans?
That's four matches that we have given Utd a goal head start and they are still to beat us.

Looking forwards to the Torino match and then our first 3 points of the season on Sunday.

R

reanswolf

I've noticed the general tone on Redcafe over the last couple of years has gone from, "I respect what Wolves are doing" to, "******g Wolves! I hate them with a passion!!"
I feel comfortable with their hatred, smug in the knowledge that whatever they feel, the rest of the footballing world generally hates them more than anyone else.

R

reanswolf

Poor first half, much better second and Neves' goal was a stunner. We've not yet played well in the league with Jimi and Jota probably the two players most below form. Rui and Boly aside, no one is yet up to the standard of last season.
Traore changed the match with some stunning runs and some better than his average crosses.
Rui earned us the point with a great save. He's looked good in all the matches that I've seen this season.
Heard on the radio today that Pogba has been getting 'racist' abuse on social media following his 'penalty miss' (ffs, it was a great save, not a miss). Anyone know anything about this? Was it primarily Utd fans giving out the abuse or Wolves' fans or a mix of all fans?
That's four matches that we have given Utd a goal head start and they are still to beat us.

Looking forwards to the Torino match and then our first 3 points of the season on Sunday.

Think it was a united fan on social media who racially abused him.
Pathetic creature, and as for the coward who abused him from behind a computer screen.....................

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched on TV and agree with most posts about a game of 2 halves. We need to get this out of our system and move on. United' movement and determination created holes for them to move into all over the pitch and we were stretched trying to cope with that. To me, they are title contenders, not just top 6. Let's see where we are after the Chelsea match ends our difficult run of fixtures.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The news coverage of the game in NZ was farcical: nothing about Wolves, all about Manure. That's right, Manure lost the game because one of their "superstar" players missed a penalty.

Nope: he didn't miss the penalty: it was bang on target but the wolves keeper made an awesome save but don't expect the media to frame it that way!

manure this manure that: what about wolves :cool: if you listened to the media you'd think there was only one team on the pitch

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was a united fan on social media who racially abused him.
Pathetic creature, and as for the coward who abused him from behind a computer screen.....................

But why do the media give these sorts of people oxygen by publishing these sorts of comments made by some loser living in his mums basement?

In another era no one would have heard what some anonymous muppet has to say but now I feel like we have *cough* journo's scouring social media looking for comments made by no-bodies that can be turned into sensationalised news.

It's all part of the media circus and it's disappointing to see people buying into it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The news coverage of the game in NZ was farcical: nothing about Wolves, all about Manure. That's right, Manure lost the game because one of their "superstar" players missed a penalty.

Nope: he didn't miss the penalty: it was bang on target but the wolves keeper made an awesome save but don't expect the media to frame it that way!

manure this manure that: what about wolves :cool: if you listened to the media you'd think there was only one team on the pitch

It was exactly the same here!

R

reanswolf

It’s like that on Sky Sports or Talk Sport here in the Uk.

It’s got particularly bad again this season.

L

Lowveld Wolf

Same in SA. I was shouting at my car radio all day yesterday as every sport's piece was about 'Pogba missing a penalty'. As you say, he didn't miss, Rui pulled off a fantastic save.
Man Utd might be one of the biggest clubs in the world and they're certainly a much bigger club here in SA than Wolves, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss.

R

reanswolf

Exactly, I don't mind them having most airtime, just not to the disproportionate level we are getting now.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But why do the media give these sorts of people oxygen by publishing these sorts of comments made by some loser living in his mums basement?

In another era no one would have heard what some anonymous muppet has to say but now I feel like we have *cough* journo's scouring social media looking for comments made by no-bodies that can be turned into sensationalised news.

The Neville and Maguire pleas for a boycott of social media were debunked by John Barnes, who argued that the racist comments reflect society rather than Football fans, as they (& we) are members off society first and fans second. Quite right.

It's all part of the media circus and it's disappointing to see people buying into it.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same in SA. I was shouting at my car radio all day yesterday as every sport's piece was about 'Pogba missing a penalty'. As you say, he didn't miss, Rui pulled off a fantastic save.
Man Utd might be one of the biggest clubs in the world and they're certainly a much bigger club here in SA than Wolves, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss.

Good to know I am not the only one prone to shouting at their car radio

sometimes I even play air drums while driving too

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loving the 2019 Wolves .... United came to town and we’re all really a little disappointed that we didn’t beat them again!!!! We’re talking about the global Manchester United!!!!!

The record now shows that we’ve played that club four times since we were promoted and they can’t beat us!!

You just have to allow yourself to dwell on that point ..... seriously...... let it sink in ..... and it’s quite a moment !!!

When I started supporting this great club, and by the way it is a GREAT club, these results happened regularly!! When the 80s and the 90s and the 00s came around we were a pale shadow of the great club we once were and a pale shadow of the great club we are again!!

Embrace it, savour it every day, the club you support are the club that started it all in the 19th century, that inspired the birth of European competition, that were at the forefront of floodlit football, that have won all divisions of the football league, that special club are BACK at the top table!!!!!!!!

For ever the Wolves !!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Loving the 2019 Wolves .... United came to town and we’re all really a little disappointed that we didn’t beat them again!!!! We’re talking about the global Manchester United!!!!!

The record now shows that we’ve played that club four times since we were promoted and they can’t beat us!!

You just have to allow yourself to dwell on that point ..... seriously...... let it sink in ..... and it’s quite a moment !!!

When I started supporting this great club, and by the way it is a GREAT club, these results happened regularly!! When the 80s and the 90s and the 00s came around we were a pale shadow of the great club we once were and a pale shadow of the great club we are again!!

Embrace it, savour it every day, the club you support are the club that started it all in the 19th century, that inspired the birth of European competition, that were at the forefront of floodlit football, that have won all divisions of the football league, that special club are BACK at the top table!!!!!!!!

For ever the Wolves !!

+1.

'Who the **** are Man Utd'.... We are Wolves!!!....they are going to have to get used to taking it. :)...

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit late with my summary, so i will make it brief as we have important business later on tonight, Adama had his best game for Wolves against decent opponents it just needs Donk to bit more defensive when Adama is playing, our front 2 found it difficult to retain the ball whenever we played it out, hence we were under severe pressure in the first half, second half we posed them more problems and scored another worldie from our Ruben, despite manure possesion we limited them to about 3 decent chances, Rui yet another good save from a penalty, Good point earned by us against a good Manure team..

Back
Top Bottom