Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Man Utd - Verdict Thread

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long does sky need to ramble on about man u failed to score off a dodgy penalty?
Traore ripped their left side in the second half and we played proper football and they looked under pressure. Happy with a point after a first half when we didn't get started.

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Given our recent schedule, and against an improved Man United side, that’s an absolutely tremendous result.

The introduction of Traore changed the momentum of the game. Got us up the pitch, pinned Shaw back, won us free-kicks and gave them something to worry about defensively.

Huge credit to the coaching team for that set-piece and what a strike from Neves (who was actually having quite a poor game up until then).

MOM Rui for the penalty save but thought Jonny, Boly, Moutinho and Donk were all good.

Patricio 8
Bennett 6
Coady 5
Boly 7
Doherty 5
Dendoncker 7
Neves 7 (extra mark for goal)
Moutinho 7
Jonny 7
Raul 7
Diogo 6

Adama 7

So proud of this team.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Happy with that, especially after our first half performance.

As I've just said on another thread, I'm happy to be wiping egg off my face over Adama having been unsure about him in the past.

As for THAT goal...Ruben what do you keep doing to us??!!

All in all, we were far from our best. Ball retention was sloppy and we were off the pace for a while. Hate to single people out but Bennett had a torrid night.

It was the most direct United side I recall seeing. Very much went for pace and little else. As much as they threatened, Rui didn't have loads to do other than the penalty save and picking the ball out of the net.

Oh, and don't mention the VAR...

D

Deleted member 9788

We played crap first half, they were nothing special! Great second half.

I've always moaned about traore but he really is growing on my at rwb! He's got to play there against burnley

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much much better second half and I'm happy with a point against an improved United side

Traore changed the dynamics of the game. Cracking strike from Neves, although I was sure VAR was going to rule it out again

Thank you Rui Patricio (and Pogba for over ruling Rashford)

Great to see Neto get on a look lively too

Take that and move onto Torino

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor first half, or did they make us look poor?
We had the extra man in the middle but you wouldn’t have thought it
Great improvement second half though, well pleased with a point
Yep that's about it. We were way too deep first half.
Jota was offside for their goal and yet VAR did not give it...??
Great penalty save.
I think Traore made a great difference in the second half. The opposition don't know what he will do, often his teammates appear not to as well, and sometimes I don't think he knows either. But he is exciting and his pace and power caused problems. Well played Adama.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio was amazing!
Truly brilliant goal by Neves
Adama is improving
Johnny nearly scored a great header!
So glad we can bring on Neto and Cutrone when we need to change things up. My heart is lifting in a way it didn’t when Costa and Cav were the subs last season, even if we didn’t score a winner this time

D

Deleted member 8123

Traore turned the game for us.
Coady and Bennett are a liability.
At times Coady turned into Danny the hoof.
Pleased with the point.

D

Deleted member 4453

5 live waxing lyrical about United.

Would've took a draw pre game with our schedule.

Traore brilliant, his awareness was the best I've seen it and obviously has that slight burst of pace ;)

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much,much better in second half. Traore made the difference. Looks like he will be taking over from Doc for a while.
Happy with a point as Utd dominated in first half and we were off it. I still think we need a high quality CB and attacking midfielder in the squad.
Sky are going on and on about Utd and the penalty no mention of Wolves at all
....at last interview with Neves
....what an effin goal Ruben brilliant but the VAR wait was a nightmare..ruining the spontanaiety of the game.
Also brilliant Rui save.
Good to see Neto being trusted so early by Nuno

We truck on to Turin...
Come on!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Rui - 8
Had nothing really to do, but what he did do got us a point. Fantastic penalty save.

Jonny - 7
Solid enough job, one of the few who retained possession. James virtually did nothing.
Boly - 7
Had to cover other two CBs so often today meant he got dragged around a bit. Won his 1v1s really well though.
Coady - 5
Dire I am afraid, one of those games for the skipper. Pulled to pieces by pace of United front 2, penalty was just a bloke with quicker feet but where he really loses marks for me is his distribution was awful.
Bennett - 4
Worse than Coady. Ripped to pieces by Rashford/Martial, should have cost us game with another shocking backpass. Hope Jesus gets up to speed quickly.
Doherty - 5
Harsh to rate him low as he was ill, but I am afraid if you start the game then you have to be accountable.

Neves - 6
Amazing goal, but apart from that passing was dire and put us under loads of pressure constantly.
Moutinho - 7
Struggled against their press massively in first half, but second half he started to make things tick.
Donk - 7
Ran his **** off, broke things up and retained ball ok. Solid.

Jota - 6
Off today, poor decisions in final 3rd and got no change out of AWB (no shame in that though really).
Jimi - 7
Worked his **** off, some nice flashes and desperately unlucky that header didn't go in.

Subs:
Adama 8 MOTM
Changed game, was direct and ripped Shaw to pieces. Also meant Shaw had to sit back giving us more space in the middle, he barely made a bad decision retained possession well and created some good chances. Brilliant
Neto N/A
Not on long enough, but still showed flashes that he can be an asset.
Cutrone N/A

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
True game of two halves... terrible first half and much much much improved second. Fair play to United though, totally different team to last year. Scores on the door:-
Patricio - 9, MOM, such an amazing player! Sometimes I forget just how lucky we are to have him in our team! Amazing penalty save, truly world class!
Jonny - 7, solid!
Boly - 7, great player, got caught out positionally a couple of times. Sometimes switches off for a second, but normally recovers well.
Bennett - 5, got caught out a few times because of players pace. Jesus can’t be far off replacing him soon.
Doherty - 5, looked poor tonight, was probably a slight knock affecting him.
Coady - 6, passing not on point tonight, however made some good interceptions.
Moutinho - 7, did the hard graft and does a lot more than is shown on Tv. Great player!
Dendoncker - 6, worked hard and should have done better with that shot near the end.
Neves - 8, some of his passing wasn’t on point, however his goal was again something from above!! What a player!!
Jota - 7, worked tirelessly, just didn’t really go his way.
Jimenez - 7, as per Jota.

Subs:
Traore - 8, changed the game and is really pushing Doherty for that RWB.
Neto - 7, clever little player and very similar to
Jota. Going to be a big player and it appears Nuno thinks the same.
Cutrone - 6, not on for long, but hustled their defence and put them under pressure well in the 6/7 minutes he was on.

Nuno - 8, great change at half time and it changed the game. Would maybe have brought on a Cutrone earlier for Jimenez, but what do I know!

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not so good first half Jimenz unlucky hitting the post, good Utd goal, Much better second half, great goal from Neves, Traore starting to look a threat in games now, great Save from Patricio, just seen the replays for the penalty, am I the only one who thinks Pogba dives, looked to be going down before any minimal contact

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
Patricio 9
Doc 4
Bennett 6
Coady 4
Boly 7
Jonny 7
Neves 7
Moutinho 7
Donk 7
Jota 7
Raul 7

Traore 9
Neto 6

Traore was brilliant when he was given the chance. Patricio is just world class.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Monday Night Football turns into MU TV.

Laughable.

Poor first half .... Passing awful. Much better 2nd half.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great watching it with all my family and a load of Man U fans moaning.
Man U had the better of the first half without really offering much threat.
Second half we definitely got at them more and Adama changed the game for sure, more direct is what we needed.
VAR again ruining the natural emotion of the game, how come the penalty was not looked at? Looked a dive to me?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Views pretty much same as everyone. Terrible first half, good second half. Traore changed the game (shame on all the doubters!) and Neves with another worldie.

Only thing I'm disappointed with is that we seemed to settle for a draw in the last 10 mins instead of going for the win. Was surprised at our mentality. Would have been delighted with a draw at halftime though.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor first half, or did they make us look poor?
We had the extra man in the middle but you wouldn’t have thought it
Great improvement second half though, well pleased with a point

I think Utd were very good first half as much as we were very bad. Massive gulf in class it seemed. I expected Wolves to get tanked second half.

Traore, and I am one of his critics, changed the dynamics and we were a lot more aggressive.

Neves..what can you say. Didn't think he played well (again) then pulls something like that out of the bag.

Overall, I think it was a point gained for us. Utd overall were better over the 90+ minutes. Last season we outplayed them but not this time, which shows the progress they have made to date compared to us. We can't keep expecting the same XI to do the same as last season and improve on 7th. Good to see Neto and Cutrone get cameos. If Traore can keep improving and Neto, Cutrone and Vinagre can get game time to improve we will be much the better for it. We need some fresh bodies in there.

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

If Traore continues to improve like he has this season so far he WILL end up the most dangerous, influential player in the Prem.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with that result in the end but I think we can play much better than that. Neves scored a great goal but it was one of his worst games in a Wolves shirt for me. Gave the ball away and caught in possession repeatedly. I don't think Jota is on good form really either, again one spectacular pre-season goal aside. Overall we haven't got going at full speed yet but its two points on the board in the league from tough games. Hope we can play a bit better on Thursday. Shame Cutrone didn't get a bit longer - think he might have been up for it. On the plus side, Neto is every inch a first team player in my opinion. Dedoncker is playing well and Traore might just have a role to play this season after all.

Patricio 8. It was a superb save rather than a missed penalty.
Doherty 5. Not in it.
Bennett 6. Typical performance, struggled at times but plenty would against Martial and Rashford.
Coady 7. Apart from the penalty was very solid.
Boly 7. Did okay
Jonny 6. Had a free header but it was a weak effort in the end. Typical of his efforts in the opposition half really. Needs to have a bit more self belief, but solid enough defensively.
Neves 5. He was poor for me. But what a goal!
Moutinho 6. Not able to get us going forward often enough but kept at it.
Dendoncker 7. The pick of our midfield, worked hard.
Jota 6. Not at his best, seemed to spend a bit too much time out wide for me.
Jimenez 6. Too isolated, but worked hard.

Traore 7. Turned the game in our favour at the start of the second half. A constant threat, took the pressure of us on numerous occasions. He can play wing back.
Neto. 7. He looked good. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Jota should be looking over his shoulder.
Cutrone. Not on long enough.

Back
Top Bottom