Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Man Utd - Verdict Thread

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
I said a score draw tonight but midway through the first half was waiting for the whistle..! We were rockin and a little off tempo. All that changed second half and we deserved the point. Rauls header closer than any other Utd chance despite their possession (bit like leicester). wot a strike from Rubén and almost the death of football a minute later when being checked, Happy days!!!!!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traore made me eat my words tonight....and I 'm glad he did, followed up his improvement from thursday and at last looked like a Nuno player. First half Utd just swamped us, played right through our midfield, leaving the defence on the ropes, when we did win the ball we just turned it straight over, Jota worst culprit. Think its incredibly harsh to have a go at Bennet and especially Coady who got us out the sh** numerous occasions. Utd are a much better team than last season on that performance. We were at least as good as them second half and fully deserved a point.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Still think Wan-Bissaka is Dom Iorfa with dreadlocks.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game in The Nag's Head in Lyme Regis.
Cracking pub. Great Everton supporting landlord.
Fantastic match, especially 2nd half.
What a goal!
What a save!
Met a beautiful Villa supporting couple cheering on The Wolves because they're a midlands club.
Love and respect to them

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our midfield had played better Coady and Bennett wouldn't have been so deep. I personally think Coady did okay given who he was up against and how easy it was for Manchester United to keep possession and keep the pressure on, especially in the first half. Neves couldn't pass it 5 yards without putting us into trouble. Doherty was absent for whatever reason. Moutinho always a struggles a bit with the physical press. It made it really hard for us to get going. Good job Dendocker was on his game.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say Sky's coverage was an absolute joke. 97% of the conversation about Man Ure. Of that 80% Neville going on and on and on about why Pogba shouldn't have taken the penalty. No interview with Nuno only Neves. Very poor and amateurish. No balance, no mention of Jimenez almost scoring, of Traore's impact, or of Wolves in general. Quite ridiculous and we should make a complaint as a group, to someone senior at Sky. The bias towards Man U and Liverpool is not only amateurish but utterly boring. Can
't wait for us to break into top six and put these pundits in their place. Pathetic.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pocketed Diogo tonight tbf, absolutely bossed him 1v1.

Why was Jota up against him though? Its a repeat of last season where Jota was too wide to make an impact and Jonny is pretty ineffective going forward. I thought Jonny improved quite a bit at the back end of last season as an attacking threat, but I think we have gone a little but backwards again this time out .

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United blew us away in the first half, but we dragged ourselves back into it in the second. BUT having said that, for all their possession, and their attacking play, the game finished with 2 shot on target for both sides. Presumably one of theirs was the penalty. Just putting things into context. :)

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United blew us away in the first half, but we dragged ourselves back into it in the second. BUT having said that, for all their possession, and their attacking play, the game finished with 2 shot on target for both sides. Presumably one of theirs was the penalty. Just putting things into context. :)
Not sure they counted the penalty because Shaw got one on target at the end

But even so, not being at our best we still didn't concede loads of chances to them, even Carragher had to admit that on Sky

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United played a really high press in the 1st half and I feel they couldn't keep it up. However Man U were still pretty good without being able to create clear chances, despite plenty of possession.
we weren't quite on it and key players like Jota weren't at their normal standard.
and well done Adama.

S

ShropshireLad

Just seen on Facebook a clip of the goal taken by someone in the North Bank and it looked even better than it did on SKY. Neves curled the ball to an extent that it looked as if it was going to miss the target and then it tucked left into the top corner. What a goal!

D

Deleted member 4456

The first half simply wasn't good enough. We looked laboured, lacking in ideas and the ball wasn't sticking. Doherty was dreadful. We came out fighting in the second, got the goal and arguably could've won the game.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were very poor first half, sat way too deep after about 20mins once Bennett had got skinned for pace. Who I also thought was our worst player today. Doherty according to the commentators may have picked up a knock during warm up which if thats the case might explain why he was a complete passenger first half.

Second half was better we played higher up it allowed the midfield to press better and unsettle United a bit, Traore’s pace really threw a spanner in the works for them as not one United player could cope with him and had Raul or Jota spotted his crosses were all low front post crosses they could have gotten a great opportunity to score.

I honestly thought Raul had scored off the header but shortly after Neves popped up to remind everyone what a special player he can be to the team if we can get him in shooting positions (just needs to be quicker in possession as he lost it in some dangerous positions today that could have cost us). Unfortunately the penalty killed our momentum but another brilliant penalty save by Rui who has very quickly shut up his critics from last season. All in all I thought a draw was a fair result.

We need to vastly improve our first half performances however and not get sucked into defending too deep, need to tighten up our passing as well as it was sloppy again.

I would bring Vallejo and Traore in for Bennett and Doherty in the next game.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How James wasn’t sent off was a ****ing joke.

Disgrace from moss .

Terrible first half. To be honest our touches and passes were awful the whole game. We just went at them for 20 minutes and it worked. Shows how weak united are .

I think the **** teams in Europa league have made our players passing intensity much lower . Almost complacent

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game in The Nag's Head in Lyme Regis.
Cracking pub. Great Everton supporting landlord.
Fantastic match, especially 2nd half.
What a goal!
What a save!
Met a beautiful Villa supporting couple cheering on The Wolves because they're a midlands club.
Love and respect to them
Mr. & Mrs. Brightside?:D

D

Deleted member 5276

A game of two halves as they say. United were dominant in the first half but didn't really have a cutting edge until Martial applied an excellent finish to their best move of the match. It was a deserved lead and Wolves seemed to be in their shell and again, showing far too much respect to the opposition.

Second half the introduction of Traore turned the tide and he had United petrified every time he had the ball. Shaw had no answer and the momentum shifted and Wolves took control. Raul was unlucky not to score when he hit the post but the equalizer came from a superb corner move and Neves strike will go down in Molineux folklore with all the others we have been fortunate to watch.

United then got a penalty as they started to get a grip of the game once more but Rui pulled off a magnificent save to share the spoils.

For me, I was disappointed in Jota first half as his touch was abysmal but that disappointment quickly faded as Traore showed what a player he can be... and more importantly, what can happen when some fans doubt you but your manager / Head Coach doesn't.

Overall, a point well earned and this Utd team showed they are a vast improvement on last seasons. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has his hands full with expectation but I can't help but like him. He's open, he's as honest as he can be and he's breathing new life into Utd. An excellent game of football played by two teams who both felt they could have won it by the time the final whistle came.

R

reanswolf

You know what, that was a fantastic performance by the lads against a highly motivated, much stronger Manure team (compared to last year).

Ok first half was hard, but we stuck at it, and second half I thought we matched them and at times took the game to them superbly.

Special mentions to Johnny, Coady, Neves, Adama, and also Rui for the penalty save. But all the lads really worked so hard. Dendoncker ain't spectacular or fast but he never stops running. Moutinho too. Diogo seemed a bit out of it tonight but he will come good.

I thought the atmosphere was superb, almost tribal in the South Bank. North Bank was bang at it too - fair play. And the Steve Bull corner. Wonderful night - well done lads, you were all fantastic. Molineux on such nights is purely wonderful. ****** love this club. Love Nuno and his staff for what they have brought to us. And not forgetting Fosun !!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a game. Feel emotionally drained. First half couldn't pass, couldn't get near them, played too deep, gave them far too much respect. 2nd half pressed, went after them played a much higher line. Traore changed the game. But why do we so often play crap in the first half? The players looked scared of their own shadows, didn't want the ball. 2nd half WE made THEM look ordinary. Neves wonder goal, Rui heroic save. Go **** yourself Gary Neville.

D

Deleted member 4152

You know what, that was a fantastic performance by the lads against a highly motivated, much stronger Manure team (compared to last year).

Ok first half was hard, but we stuck at it, and second half I thought we matched them and at times took the game to them superbly.

Special mentions to Johnny, Coady, Neves, Adama, and also Rui for the penalty save. But all the lads really worked so hard. Dendoncker ain't spectacular or fast but he never stops running. Moutinho too. Diogo seemed a bit out of it tonight but he will come good.

I thought the atmosphere was superb, almost tribal in the South Bank. North Bank was bang at it too - fair play. And the Steve Bull corner. Wonderful night - well done lads, you were all fantastic. Molineux on such nights is purely wonderful. ****** love this club. Love Nuno and his staff for what they have brought to us. And not forgetting Fosun !!
I think some are forgetting we played a much improved man utd, with a point to prove. Excellent point tonight

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to congratulate Adama as I have not been his biggest fan, but he made a big difference tonight and while he still made mistakes, he played very well.
We were poor first half and United have improved on their right side in particular.
Probably deserved a point for the second half performance.

S

ShropshireLad

I have to congratulate Adama as I have not been his biggest fan, but he made a big difference tonight and while he still made mistakes, he played very well.
We were poor first half and United have improved on their right side in particular.
Probably deserved a point for the second half performance.
Our passing was poor and their defending in the first half was very good with respect to cutting out several of our otherwise dangerous balls. However, they only had one shot on target in the first half so we didn't do as badly as some pundits have made out.

R

reanswolf

People slating our 1st half performance are ignoring the fact that ManU are much stronger this season, in a way we contained them first half apart from that one chance. Give the lads great credit for sticking in there and coming from behind.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United worked their socks off closing us down all over the pitch in the first half. They were never going to be able to keep going at that pace and that combined with the introduction of Traore meant if anything we shaded the second half.

As for those giving Coady and Bennett 4/10 - are you for real? United played very well. They'll be a handful for most teams out of the established Top Six yet we restricted them to one shot and a penalty. Defenders make mistakes, the thing about Nuno's Wolves is other players cover them because we defend as a team. They weren't great tonight but they certainly weren't dreadful either.

JR’s Boots

Groupie
Reaction score
We played with 10 men first half; Doherty looked totally unfit and was 20 yards off Shaw. Bennett has a poor game too. Really pleased for Traore- he was a game changer. He should be starting RWB for now

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People slating our 1st half performance are ignoring the fact that ManU are much stronger this season, in a way we contained them first half apart from that one chance. Give the lads great credit for sticking in there and coming from behind.
Well said. Sometimes the other team are going to play well and you have to dig in and defend (which we did fantastically) before turning the game around.

R

reanswolf

United worked their socks off closing us down all over the pitch in the first half. They were never going to be able to keep going at that pace and that combined with the introduction of Traore meant if anything we shaded the second half.

As for those giving Coady and Bennett 4/10 - are you for real? United played very well. They'll be a handful for most teams out of the established Top Six yet we restricted them to one shot and a penalty. Defenders make mistakes, the thing about Nuno's Wolves is other players cover them because we defend as a team. They weren't great tonight but they certainly weren't dreadful either.
What sort of dick has given Coady 4 out of 10?

Ok he gave away a penalty but his reading of the game so many times was immense.
I'd have given him a 9 along with Johnny and Adama and Neves, but his penalty slip means an 8.5 out of10 for me.
Boly and Bennett solid 7 out of 10.
Up against an excellent Martial and lively Rashford they did pretty damn well over all.
4 out of 10?? ****in jokers.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half Jota and Jimenez were horribly exposed as they had no support at all. Our wing backs didn't back them up and Doncks went backwards rather than forwards. It was like early last season.

Second half Traore finally played like a mature player. He didn't make stupid runs, he passed backwards and sideways when he should do instead of always taking his man on, he picked up second balls, and he put some good crosses into the box. He's never going to be perfect but he had Man Utd on toast when we got the ball to him. Most dangerous player on the pitch by far.

Jonny's awful penalty area play lead to Bennett's booking and the penalty. Bennett's limitations, on the ball and against pace, were shown up today. Not a big surprise but I think it's a matter of time before we see changes there in the first team.

Still, this is definitely a much improved Utd side. Defense, fitness and teamwork better than last season.

Back
Top Bottom