Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Vs Leicester - The verdict.

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Defensive first half - looked solid. Owned the second half for the most part. It goes to show that we can attack and exert constant pressure on the opposition whilst playing three at the back. We just need the quality to come to the fore in the final third. Better to watch, but still slightly frustrating.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point. Arguably had the best chances. Silva & Moutinho have to do better with there chances. It's a great save in fairness but still think Silva has to score.

Wish they had fallen to Willian to be honest.

4 points from these 2 games, steadies the ship a bit more.

Neves was class again.

Hopefully Boly & Johnny not long term.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought we played quite well generally and probably just deserved to shade it.

Looked solid defensively and a threat on the break. A lot more like the team of the last two seasons.

All the back 5 good (just hope Jonny is ok), with Neto very good first half and Adama decent in the second.

A tad disappointed not to win but would have snapped your hands off for 4 points at the start of the week.

Rui 6
Dendoncker 7
Coady 7
Kilman 7
Semedo 7
Neves 6
Moutinho 6
Jonny 7
Adama 7
Jose 6
Neto 7

Hoever 6
Silva 6
MGW N/A

Well done boys. Starting to show signs that we’re coming out of this mid-season slump.

R

reanswolf

Much better and compact against a very good team.

Donk far better in defence, looked solid apart from Vardy skinning him for that last minute header.
Coady more assured than recently.
Great to see Jonny back but hope he is ok.
Mouts and Neves were back at it today.
Jose some nice touches, weaker when he went off.
Traore excellent for the most part.
Neto also wonderful 1st half moments.

That's a useful point.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with the point against a very good Leicester side.

Donck, Semedo, Jonny (for 45) and Neto stand outs for me. It's so good to have Jonny back.

Adama looking better, more interested and working harder for the team - just lacking that killer pass/shot.

Fabio really should have sealed it - one to forget for him but good that he's getting in those positions.

Revival has begun. Onto the next.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It's back! :)

Just need to find our scoring boots, range and whatever else relating to putting it away.

This is not actually a totally new issue in truth.

MOTM: all the players.....competed like we needed to.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A solid if not unspectacular performance. Clean sheet and created some good chances against a very good Leicester team. Would’ve taken that before kick off.

Struggling to criticise anyone today really, they all played ok.

Moutinho Neves midfield actually worked well.

Donk decent in defence, a few misplaced passes aside. Good aerial presence.

Adama getting back to his best, improving every game.

My only criticism really would be the subs! Silva and MGW for Neto and Jose? Really? Strange one Mr Santo.

Silva will get pelters for the miss but at least he was in the right position to miss it eh!! :grimacing:
Silva didn't miss. A very good save by Kasper.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll take that. We look much more solid and against a good team. I can't bring myself to criticise Silva for that chance he did everything right just a top quality save.

It was fantastic to see Jonny again hopefully it was planned 45 mins all along rather than a knock.

Donk slotted well into CB. I thought. All of our back 3 did well actually.

Neto is a superstar.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A solid if not unspectacular performance. Clean sheet and created some good chances against a very good Leicester team. Would’ve taken that before kick off.

Struggling to criticise anyone today really, they all played ok.

Moutinho Neves midfield actually worked well.

Donk decent in defence, a few misplaced passes aside. Good aerial presence.

Adama getting back to his best, improving every game.

My only criticism really would be the subs! Silva and MGW for Neto and Jose? Really? Strange one Mr Santo.

Silva will get pelters for the miss but at least he was in the right position to miss it eh!! :grimacing:
I wasn't keen on the subs either, and Silva maybe should have done better, but it was a good save, and a good performance against a decent side. It was the most solid we have looked for weeks.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Much improved performance from front to back. On another day we could have won 1-0 (or if our striker prodigy had put the best chance away).

Dendoncker looked good and we kept their key players quiet.

Hopefully Jonny is ok and wasn't rushed. Interesting how Neto was significantly quieter after he went off.

Two games in quick succession against Southampton...want to win both and have more confidence we will.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the context of all I now care about is ensuring my next game is not against Lincoln I’ll take that point all day. Professional, organised performance and with a bit of compoare and maybe raul, we win that.

Better though from us.

Keep donc in defence. Much better defender than midfielder.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic in front of goal, wonder what makes them afraid of scoring? A clean sheet but not a good result for me, should have scored at least 2.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very pleased with that point. We looked more solid today. Donck looked good in defence. Kilman continues to impress. Neto is amazing and Traore was much better second half. Dont think anyone should be too hard on Silva tonight. That was good goalkeeping by Schmeichel. We must be more clinical though. Final word to Jonny. Excellent first half. Really hope he is ok. We dont need him out again.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Traore played well, but I do wish he'd pass a bit more often. Always wants to take the run on, but sometimes passing is best.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
My verdict...

Good to see Jonny back. Hope the injury at HT isn’t anything serious, and just a precaution instead.
Adama played well at times.
Neto was on fire, just wish we had someone at the end of those chances.
Fabio... you gotta score those chances.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the best games we have played all season easily a match for a top 4 team and were actually the better team. Deserved the win but will take that. If u told me after the palace game we would get 4 points out of the nx 2 games I woulda laughed u off but really pleased the way we have played. No longer worried that we wont be a premiership team nx year after that show

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Said I’d take a point b4 the match, now the game is done we had the better chances and am slightly disappointEd.
Another point to safety in my eyes and get this season over...!!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance for a long time,nice to see us not trying to defend for 30 minutes at the end
Good point against a genuine top 6 side,looking much better after last 2 games

geowolf

Reaction score
Just finding form at the right time to lift the cup. Gritty, fully focused performance with flashes of brilliance. Traore and Neto wow - just need to be finding the net now. Actually warming to Silva. Solid at the back. No silly mistakes!

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty much back to type there.

Solid at the back and very few clear chances given away but the same applies at the other end where we still seem rather toothless. Neto is such a quality player I really enjoy watching him.

Fabio should score there towards the end really but to be fair he hit it well and it was a typical Schmeichel save with his legs.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know how people can say ‘Happy With A Point’
Two points thrown away in my opinion.
How can it be SO hard to score a goal.... just one would do FFS

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have won, although I was sure the net was about to ripple with that header from Vardeh at the end.

So much better with Johnny in the side, really hope him going off wasn’t because of a serious injury.

Grounds for optimism after that performance.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked more like the team of the last few seasons, defended well, had some decent attacks & battled hard. Something to build on.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The last two games have demonstrated to me that there is no way we are going down. We've got far more to us in comparison to the other teams down the bottom. Four points against Arsenal and Leicester is very decent.

Hopefully Jonny is okay. I actually thought Hoever did okay when he came on. He's not quite the ready but was solid enough and put in a few good forward runs. Neto was superb. He must have been taken off for tiredness. As soon as he went off it was pretty clear our chances of scoring were over.

We missed good chances to take the lead but could have lost it at the end. I thought Traoré was excellent, consistently creating chances from nothing and some his assists were very good, particularly the one to Neto who had his chance blocked.

Overall a satisfying and calming week of football for us.

D

Deleted member 5276

Happy to take a point as we blunted Leicester for the most part. Nothing illustrates how frustrating we can be when we have a throw in just inside our half with 45 seconds to go and we give it away thus giving them one more chance. Thankfully the ref blew for full time as otherwise they may have had a free kick right at the end.

When Jose went off, we looked toothless although Silva should have scored.

Rui - Not a lot to do.
Semedo - He's getting there. Again pretty consistent but caught out a couple of time defensively. 6
Coady - Got it organised after a torrid opening seven or eight minutes. 6
Dendoncker - Did his job well. Some over playing and poor distribution but otherwise solid. 6
Kilman - Back to Mr. Steady Eddy. 6
Jonny - Good come back and made us look far more solid. The difference between him and his replacement is huge. 6
Neves - Did a lot of very good work. Always fun watching him and Maddison battle it out. 7
Moutinho - Good. So much footballing intelligence on display. 6.5
Traore - started to skin Justin second half after not getting much joy in the first. Just need to get someone on the end of a cross one of these days. 6.5
Jose - Love having a focal point who can compete and hold it. 6
Neto - Excellent first half but blew himself out in the second half after having to do more work defensively. 7

Hoever - not anywhere close to the standard required. Slow of mind, poor in distribution and very weak. 3
Silva - Glorious opportunity he should have blasted into the far corner. Nothing else doing after that. 5
MGW - no time.

Nuno - tactically got it right. He just needs better quality in the squad than bringing on the kids with little experience in a game like this. Entirely his choice though so can only blame himself.

Ref - Had a good game. No complaints. Tried to let it flow. Maybe the Evans yellow might have been a red another day but play restarted so quickly VAR didn't take a look.

Leicester - They'll feel we were there for the taking today had Vardy been fully fit. Moved the ball quickly and nicely at times but seemed to run out of ideas until Vardy came on.

D

Deleted member 11332

Much better, solid defensively. Still the same tactics going forward of give it to Neto or Adama and let them do something magical.

Can't miss that many chances again. Should have scored 3 or 4 there.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's literally the only Wolves player to have got one on target today, yet everyone is atking a big dump on him. Moutinho's miss was far worse.

I thought Traore’s was on target myself, great block from Justin. But the stats disagreed.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with that.

Back to the solid Wolves. Probably should have won it but Vardy's chance at the end shows it wasn't all one way chances.

Fingers crossed on Jonny

Thought Choudhury was brilliant.
Chouhory is 23 so maybe we should give some of our youngsters time to reach the standaed needed. Didn't really do much before he was 21/2.

D

Deleted member 11332

One disappointment was Nuno not bringing Vitinha on today. He looked good when he came on against Arsenal but not used today. Surprised at that.

Where would you suggest? As a wide man or instead of Neves/Moutinho. Think he's best in a 3 with more support defensively.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict...

Good to see Jonny back. Hope the injury at HT isn’t anything serious, and just a precaution instead.
Adama played well at times.
Neto was on fire, just wish we had someone at the end of those chances.
Fabio... you gotta score those chances.
I like how Adama played well at times where as Neto was on fire. Neto was anonymous second half I thought but was very good first. I only mention this because I feel he gets an easier ride on here.

Back
Top Bottom