Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Vs Leicester - The verdict.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

That was our verdict, if anyone in the future wishes to join us feel free and look out for the links posted on any game day.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of positives.

Jonny back, Moutinho back to being a little terrier. Lots of good chances created.

Good point.

Dendoncker has to play centre back.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A solid if not unspectacular performance. Clean sheet and created some good chances against a very good Leicester team. Would’ve taken that before kick off.

Struggling to criticise anyone today really, they all played ok.

Moutinho Neves midfield actually worked well.

Donk decent in defence, a few misplaced passes aside. Good aerial presence.

Adama getting back to his best, improving every game.

My only criticism really would be the subs! Silva and MGW for Neto and Jose? Really? Strange one Mr Santo.

Silva will get pelters for the miss but at least he was in the right position to miss it eh!! :grimacing:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Useful point, with a much better performance than in recent times.

Means only 1 defeat in the last 4 and with the chances we had, on another day would have meant a victory.

Until the end we limited the Foxes chances and that is a good sign.

On to the double header against the Saints!

Wolfyyy

Reaction score
I get depressed whenever Silva gets subbed in, especially when we are not having a lead.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor draw vs a top side. I’m fine. Of course there was no time for that FK...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with that.

Back to the solid Wolves. Probably should have won it but Vardy's chance at the end shows it wasn't all one way chances.

Fingers crossed on Jonny

Thought Choudhury was brilliant.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Good point, we had some good chances for all 3 but then again so did both sides.
A huge improvement on the last few months of ****e.personally I’d have taken a point before hand but we will be ok playing like that and pick up more points, Still lots to improve on.

Extra mention: Neto is special

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
A solid if not unspectacular performance. Clean sheet and created some good chances against a very good Leicester team. Would’ve taken that before kick off.

Struggling to criticise anyone today really, they all played ok.

Moutinho Neves midfield actually worked well.

Donk decent in defence, a few misplaced passes aside. Good aerial presence.

Adama getting back to his best, improving every game.

My only criticism really would be the subs! Silva and MGW for Neto and Jose? Really? Strange one Mr Santo.

Silva will get pelters for the miss but at least he was in the right position to miss it eh!! :grimacing:
Didn’t miss it though - keeper saved it

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take the point and move on another weekend ticked off with the gap to the bottom 3 still 12 that's all I care about right now. 5 pts from Arsenal Chelsea and Leicester is decent then 3 thrown away against Palace is what we need to cut out. Back 4 now for next few games and rack up some points.

D

Deleted member 8123

Looked solid with Johnny back.
Silva...o'h dear...not a fan.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Much better all round. Still plenty to improve, but 4 points is good from Arsenal and Leicester.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
passing generally better today, defense solid enough. Better closing down tackling and winning back the ball. Shooting in general could have been better, too many off target shots, and service in to Jose not as good as it could have been. Better game from Traore, getting back towards his best, just needs a bit more quality on the final ball.

Overall a good solid performance just not quite clicking in and around the box

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get depressed whenever Silva gets subbed in, especially when we are not having a lead.

Jose was quiet today though. If Silva had put in that performance he'd probably be getting criticised.

We played a lot better overall though. I think our nadir for the season has finally in the past and we will improve from here on out.

Last edited:

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Good performance, tried too hard with the few opportunities we had in front of goal.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be disappointed with only a point today is a big plus considering recent form. It’s another block to build upon.

Neves was superb today, his defensive play especially was immense. My MoTM.

Four points from those two games is a very good return. We’re starting to look a bit like our old selves...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting to see who’ll start the Silva Out thread. :)
Glad of the point . No loss again which will be great for the squad and they know we could have taken this which will help their confidence.
Neto and Silva came soooo close.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with that.

Neither goalkeeper had anything to do.

Hope Jonny is ok.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll take a point and a clean sheet there. Green shoots and all that.
I was hurling abuse at poor Fabio for seemingly side footing that wide, until corner given and replays show Shmeical just getting his boot to it with the flying block, blatantly on target.
An experienced, in-form striker may have dinked it over him, but hey ho.

Hoping all those early, relatively negative subs were precautionary and rest based for a full on assault of the FA cup.

Back
Top Bottom