Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Farense

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leo Bonitini.

Started like rocket. Ended like damp squib. Soon after lucrative contract signed. Must have been the Brazilian merchandise that did it.
Bonatini was different. He had a great first half to the season, then went off the boil and we signed him for £5M in the summer.

As far as I know there was no obligation to buy. And given his form since Xmas looked like a poor deal.

£5M poorly spent but those early goals were the springboard for promotion. Maybe reward for that?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have started me now
I Alison remember watching England win the world cup
Not at Wembley but on our sofa on black and white telly about 14”
Me too.

My brothers were in the pub watching their black and white telly.

Happy days and memories tonto.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good to get 90 minutes in. I think I'd be keeping bueno and not loaning out as long as gets to play a bit. Looks a real talent.

Ronan ahead of cundle for me. Shows his experience and has a good eye. Toti perfectly capable too.

Chem C I'm unsure about. Looks like he needs a loan.

Hodge - one for the future.

Hwang showed his good and bad. He was close to a tap in - not one wolves player, injured or not, gets in those positions. Silva and post injury Jimenez certainly don't.

And yes, I would sell coady if we're going with a 4 and invest wisely and quickly. Key is the latter.

Selling Coady would be foolish imo and something we’d likely regret come season end.

It’s easy to conceive us playing attractive football with 4 at the back but having few points on the board half a dozen games in and be under pressure to revert formation. Despite the change to a 4, I reckon we’ll struggle scoring still but goals against will pick up.

Do we really want to sell the one guy who’s proven playing in the middle of a three if we do need to sure things up at some stage? There’ll also be games against the top 6 where a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with a deep defensive line and playing on the counter will be order of the day. Collins or Kilman could easily pick up injuries or struggle with form too. If Coady gets little game time and Collins and Kilman kick on, we could consider selling in Jan but now seems premature and, well, pretty damn risky

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Towards the end, Cullis lost it. Health issues. Selling Hinton and signing Le Flem was lunacy
I wouldn't have known at the time why this happened as not being local I didn't get so much feedback as I have learnt over the years. I now get the feeling that a number of fans were giving Hinton a rought time and most probably Cullis and Hinton clashed. There would only be one winner.
The pity was I thought Wharton and Hinton were a great partnership.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't have known at the time why this happened as not being local I didn't get so much feedback as I have learnt over the years. I now get the feeling that a number of fans were giving Hinton a rought time and most probably Cullis and Hinton clashed. There would only be one winner.
The pity was I thought Wharton and Hinton were a great partnership.
They gave him a rough time in one game v Forest which we lost 3-2 after being 2 up at HT. January 1964. He kept pulling out of tackles with Joe Wilson because he didn't want his leg broken. Joe was an animal who we signed about a year later. Cullis swapped him a week later for La Flem.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And my guy Michal Zyro. Thought he was gonna be a fantastic signing for us after his initial appearances.
He looked excellent but got seriously injured following a shocking tackle, didn’t he?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was looking only for a sign that Neto, Podence , Hwang or MGW could score or assist in these last two friendlies,
and with no goals from open play we really are in a very bad place.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was looking only for a sign that Neto, Podence , Hwang or MGW could score or assist in these last two friendlies,
Scored a lot of goals from open play in the past few though!

With those four staying fit, we are in a very good place imo

Just one injury and it's time to hope that Chem Campbell is a premier League player. Fine margins

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He looked excellent but got seriously injured following a shocking tackle, didn’t he?
Yes he was out for a year after an assault, I mean tackle by a MK Dons player, key or Kay was his surname I think

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks like we are all getting our goldfish memories ready for the new season. :D "You're only as good as your last match". And often, even worse than that.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With those four staying fit, we are in a very good place imo

Just one injury and it's time to hope that Chem Campbell is a premier League player. Fine margins
We will wait and see and I really hope you are right . Our first six games will tell us . But I really don’t see it happenings at all at Premier League level . I have watched some of these guys struggle to score for two seasons .I have also watched Wolves for decades and know a goalscorer , we have had some greats . If Podence Neto and Hwang dont score we are toast as it stands .

Last edited:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Still only 29 and currently playing in the Polish 2nd tier

I remember seeing a charity/foundation advert last year focussed on amputee footballers, he was involved talking about the mental strength required to come back from such a big injury.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Coady would be foolish imo and something we’d likely regret come season end.

It’s easy to conceive us playing attractive football with 4 at the back but having few points on the board half a dozen games in and be under pressure to revert formation. Despite the change to a 4, I reckon we’ll struggle scoring still but goals against will pick up.

Do we really want to sell the one guy who’s proven playing in the middle of a three if we do need to sure things up at some stage? There’ll also be games against the top 6 where a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with a deep defensive line and playing on the counter will be order of the day. Collins or Kilman could easily pick up injuries or struggle with form too. If Coady gets little game time and Collins and Kilman kick on, we could consider selling in Jan but now seems premature and, well, pretty damn risky
I don't disagree. Hence my comment on timing - it's a terrible time to sell so they'd really need to have a bloody good reason.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronan and Bueno. as others have said should be kept here. Must say I was disappointed in Cundle and Campbell. Didnt offer enough. Neither are ready and need loans but are only here due to lack of investment whatever Sellars says. The back up options mainly arent good enough or ready.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By the way. If they are up to their old tricks and loan out Ronan and Bueno before signing replacements then it will be a complete and utter joke.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How bad and out of favour must Cutrone and Bonatini be to not have featured tonight? Also where was Jordao who is with the squad in Portugal? Cant believe he couldnt be worth a go.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is a big concern in my opinion. Lack of goals from our attacking players continues to be a problem and yet zero attacking signings this summer so far.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is strange isn’t it, complete isolation.

Same with Jordao by the looks of it. Whatever you think of them all have a lot more experience than some of the lads who played tonight and I think would have in some cases done a better job. No strikers fit and yes Bonatini and Cutrone are probably not the answer in any way but I would prefer them on the bench at Leeds to no attacking players or kids with no experience. We know nothing though, until Friday as Bruno hasnt said a word to the press during pre season.

Back
Top Bottom