Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Farense

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves final game of preseason kicking off at 18:45 again

We can expect much-changed side with those playing a lot of mins yesterday not to be included

Another great opportunity to get mins in the legs of the squad before season starts for those in and around the first team squad or those playing under 21 football this year

Game is available on wolves tv

Bar any other squad issues and injuries I have enjoyed preseason this year

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, very different squad today and a final, useful exercise in getting some sharpness into the more fringe players. Don't think I'll be spending another fiver for the reserves though!

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Going to the Three points sports bar in Faro if anyone fancies meeting up for a pint or two.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said on the transfer thread. Lets see tonight if these younger lads are ready to help our first team this season. If not then I am concerned about our options or lack of them even more. I hope some of them can stake a claim.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smith
Boly Coady Gomes
Mosquera Ronan Hodge Bueno
Campbell Cundle Griffiths

Smith
Mosquera Coady Boly Gomes
Cundle Hodge Ronan
Campbell Griffiths Bueno
How are people expecting us to line up?
I’m actually rather looking forward to it. The formation will be interesting and would be great to see a few youngsters really stake a claim to be in the first team thinking for the season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smith
Boly Coady Gomes
Mosquera Ronan Hodge Bueno
Campbell Cundle Griffiths

Smith
Mosquera Coady Boly Gomes
Cundle Hodge Ronan
Campbell Griffiths Bueno
How are people expecting us to line up?
I’m actually rather looking forward to it. The formation will be interesting and would be great to see a few youngsters really stake a claim to be in the first team thinking for the season.

Wow. That attack is er just wow! I'm hoping Hwang gets some more minutes and hoping Nathan Fraser is one of the u23's that travelled to Portugal on Friday and can play upfront.

We are top heavy with centre backs but need to stick with 4 at the back and get the back up players used to it.

Front three of Hwang, Fraser and Campbell for me if Fraser is there.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to the Three points sports bar in Faro if anyone fancies meeting up for a pint or two.
Would love to…… but in Wolvo don’t think i would make the kick off

Think Jordao will start today. Will have the England game on. But hopefully they win in the 90 minutes and will have only miss abit of the game

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of all of them, Ronan is the one who really needs to impress.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Smith
Boly, Coady, Toti
Mosquera, Hodge, Ronan, Bueno
Cundle, Hwang, Campbell

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game is minutes in the legs and nothing more I suspect.

Sa will probably start, Hwang will and so will the rest of the defenders. It’s another game where I already feel sorry for the defenders as the ball is likely to be coming back a lot if we name a completely green midfield.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lage is determined to go with a back four in the league, then he needs to play that in this friendly.
So I'll go with the second formation.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
433 then.

Smith
Mosquera coady boly Gomes
Cundle Hodge ronan
Campbell Hwang Bueno

Is my guess.......​

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be 3-5-2 if Lage wants Mosquera to play as a right-wing-back.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could see Bueno on the left of a midfield, but not sure as a forward? Are we trying to convert him?

<EDIT> Just realised - that's four centre backs. Are we going for 6 at the back?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera (pre-injury) had a fair turn of pace so he might be able to do a decent job as a FB. We'll see a bit more evidence tonight, maybe.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera (pre-injury) had a fair turn of pace so he might be able to do a decent job as a FB. We'll see a bit more evidence tonight, maybe.
In a flat back 4 it’s a very reasonable way of introducing a young centre back player to first team football. When Lesscott moved to Everton from us he played as a LB for a season.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a flat back 4 it’s a very reasonable way of introducing a young centre back player to first team football. When Lesscott moved to Everton from us he played as a LB for a season.
Yes, we have three top quality full-backs with (say) Jonny covering both sides.

If Toti and/or Mosquera can offer a credible fourth, at a push, it would allow Bueno to get a loan for his continued development.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see how Boly + Coady do in a back 4. If we are going with 4-3-3 this season, they're going to potentially get quite a few minutes

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Bueno but I'm not sure he makes a top level full back as he's not really a defender. An attacking wingback sure he has all the potential in the world so don't mind us playing him further forward to see if that works.

Toti and Mosquera have decent pace and ability on the ball so I'm not horrified by them playing FB in a back four either.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know the players need minutes and then rest but I’m not really a fan of playing all the youngsters at the same time, especially in midfield. I’d prefer to see how they do when playing alongside our better players. Maybe that would have been better in pre season around the Levante/Alaves games.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not expecting our 2nd string to be littered with oven ready players, however that line up just shows Fosun's total lack of bother with the squad over a long period of time. Worrying if we pick up yet more injuries that this is what we have in reserve...

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said on the transfer thread. Lets see tonight if these younger lads are ready to help our first team this season. If not then I am concerned about our options or lack of them even more. I hope some of them can stake a claim.

It's pretty clear most of them aren't ready mate imo. If they were, Bruno would be giving them more game time. I only really see Bueno being good enough to be in and around the squad. It sums up Fosun's lack of interest that this is our 2nd string.

Back
Top Bottom