Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Norwich comms thread.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Lage leaves Toti out against the Scousers.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big rebuild needed in summer. A lot of deadwood to remove.

Not a coincidence we looked a lot better without Coady. Think it's very telling that there were only a fraction of the usual backpasses after he was hooked.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-1 against the worst team in the league at home, simply not good enough. Can't wait till after our inevitable thrashing to Liverpool next week for this season to end, had enough now

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang, Dendonker and Boly nailed on to start against Liverpool.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another inspired performance from Hwang.

14 million. Deary me.

As if Fabio is any better. 35 million. Double deary me. When you waste that amount, you are left with spare change and 14 million is spare change for forwards at this level.

I don't get why Hwang gets blamed for his (far less) fee - it wasn't his decision to complete the transfer in winter window. Yet Fabio is continually defended with "his fee isn't his fault". Surely the club takes responsibility in both cases, not the player? Unless it's the scapegoat of the season.

Fabio did nothing today, as he always does. Runs around, flaps his arms, loses every 50/50 that comes his way. A case of wishful thinking that the absent player will save us... until he comes on and you see him actually play, then you realise why he didn't start.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Lage leaves Toti out against the Scousers.
Depends what he decides with Coady. If Saiss is fit he might play him with Boly in the middle and Donk on the right. If Saiss is not fit then maybe likely Donk, Coady and Boly unless Johnny is a wild card.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if Fabio is any better. 35 million. Double deary me. When you waste that amount, you are left with spare change and 14 million is spare change for forwards at this level.

I don't get why Hwang gets blamed for his (far less) fee - it wasn't his decision to complete the transfer in winter window. Yet Fabio is continually defended with "his fee isn't his fault". Surely the club takes responsibility in both cases, not the player? Unless it's the scapegoat of the season.

Fabio did nothing today, as he always does. Runs around, flaps his arms, loses every 50/50 that comes his way.

Who ks blaming Hwang for the fee? He is crap, that is all and we blew 14 million on him

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fabio did nothing today, as he always does. Runs around, flaps his arms, loses every 50/50 that comes his way.
Bull, Fabio did more in his 20 minutes than Raul and Hwang managed combined.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than a10 minute spell before and after our goal, we were dreadful. Very few positives other than we didn't lose.

Massive, massive off-season for Fosun.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fabio did nothing today, as he always does. Runs around, flaps his arms, loses every 50/50 that comes his way. A case of wishful thinking that the absent player will save us... until he comes on and you see him actually play, then you realise why he didn't start.

Am I supposed to disagree?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Bruno to blame when we create 18 attempts on goal and can't score?
Out of those 18 chances how many really had them troubled? 1st half pukki had at least 2 other chances than the goal that were far more dangerous than anything we produced all game. Bet they smashed us on XG

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sa
Ran
TotIi
Jonny
Neves
Neto
Semedo
Kilman

Based on our end of season I hope these start next season. The rest have given up.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bull, Fabio did more in his 20 minutes than Raul and Hwang managed combined.

What did he do? Lowest pass success rate of the side, dispossed more than anyone else. Ran around. That's all he does. He's not good enough now and we don't have a time machine to pluck the Fabio 3 or 4 years from now out and bring him in.

Don't get me wrong - neither Hwang nor Fabio are good enough for even a mid table premier league side. What I dont' get so the desperate clutching at straws to see brilliance in Fabio and rubbish in Hwang. And continual mentioning of Hwang £13M as also this huge waste of money. It's nothing at this level. On the other hand £35 is our record signing and has limited our expenditure ever since. I expect more from a record signing than I do squad filler.

All 3 forwards were much of a muchness today, some OK stuff, but mostly too slow, lacking creativity, making mistakes at the crucial moment. it's been similar for ages, yet only one gets singled out to blame for all the rubbish we've seen. And all of them looked far more likely to do *something* than Fabio ever does.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
May as well forfeit the Liverpool game, a 3 nil loss and a fine will be better than what I expect is going to happen.
Yes, in footballing terms I feel genuine fear for the Liverpool game, can you imagine the Anfield lot aflame with the will to win
facing our bunch looking like Christians in the middle of the arena as the Lions enter. But that fear is still less than that I feel for next year. The Project - dead in the water, and not enough quality to sell to allow the purchase of enough quality to stay up in the PL. It all looks horribly bleak!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Bruno to blame when we create 18 attempts on goal and can't score?

Those might be the stats on paper but watching that game, when exactly did we look like scoring? Ait-Nouri's header, Neto's header, other than that, I can't remember us creating one chance where we looked like scoring. Did their keeper make any saves apart from Neto's header?

Norwich missed three absolute sitters, as a comparison.

Build-up play is so slow, ponderous, lacking in quality. God knows what's being coached. The training ground routines are either League One standard or the players can't be bothered. Either way, leads to one result for the manager.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Chiquinho is pure attitude. Not the most skilful, can't really tackle but he just doesn't give up. His persistence gets him past his man most of the time and is something that I don't see in other players.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

To keep
Sa
Toti
Yerson
Max
Rayan
Semedo
Neves
Chiquinho
Podence
Neto

Back up
Moutinho
Saiss
Coady
Raul
Jonny

Leave
Ruddy (leaving himself)
Boly
Hwang
Fabio
Trincao

Bring in
2 X CB
A AM
A DM
A CF

Bruno (undecided)

D

Deleted member drgr12429

On the game Norwich came to just defend and counter attack when they could. Tottenham struggled to break the same sort of set up, but had lots more attempts because they have players who can score.
It's been our problem for more than 2 seasons. We need attacking players up front and in midfield and more speed in defence. If we are going with Bruno the board HAVE to give him the players to turn the team into an attacking one. You will not turn the current squad into an attacking one in a month of Sundays.
Anyway, Liverpool is going to be fun!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady
Rudy
Boly (maybe)
Saiss
Marcal
Mout
Donk
Hwang
Raul
Traore
Neves(100% going)
Mgw
Jordao
Semedo (will be sold)

Out the gap

Keep
Sa
Jonny
Ait Nouri
Toti
Kilman
Neto
Podence
Fabio
Chiq

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh. A nothing draw against the worst team in the PL by a country mile. We didn't lose. That's where the positives start and end.

Back
Top Bottom