Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Manchester City comms thread.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Why Vitinha? There are other strikers across Europe way better than Fabio - most of which wouldn't even cost us £35M Probaly at least 50 of them.
I was just using him as an example as a player who has had a good season also in the Porto squad. Just shows the talent he has. I'd be up for a better striker but getting sick to death of this Mendes stable ****..the only players we are going to get from him are youths like Fabio or players who have no more ambition but could play first team football. All those options we had a couple of seasons ago in defenders Dias IF true but us in the **** cos we wouldnt spend. You pay for what you get at the end of the day. Sorry for the rant, just bloody angry and don't like the way the club is going.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Fosun will not need any more evidence that we are seriously in need of an upgrade if we are to meet their stated objectives.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weirdly enough I'm not angry we lost tonight as it keeps Liverpool at bay. What I am angry about is how our defence seems to forget how to defend whenever they got into our penalty area.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched Vila V Liverpool last night and they put up a good fight and could have won it if not for Pools goalie

Nige

Reaction score
Masterclass from City!
No shame in losing to that side but it's how it happens!
Yea of course but didn't we do the double over them a couple of seasons ago.. ??
Shows how much they have progressed and how much we are going backwards... Tactic's all wrong that's 8 goals conceded in 2 home games...

Andi130

Reaction score
They could have scored 8-10. Formation was completely flawed. Midfield and defence completely lost. Subs.... Well, as always, predictable. Yes, City are a great team, but tonight was farcical. Gloss over the cracks all you want, but it's turned in to a bit of a joke. Wholesale change for me, including the manager.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea of course but didn't we do the double over them a couple of seasons ago.. ??
Shows how much they have progressed and how much we are going backwards... Tactic's all wrong that's 8 goals conceded in 2 home games...
And who did the damage on both occasions ?

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
They could have scored 8-10. Formation was completely flawed. Midfield and defence completely lost. Subs.... Well, as always, predictable. Yes, City are a great team, but tonight was farcical. Gloss over the cracks all you want, but it's turned in to a bit of a joke. Wholesale change for me, including the manager.
Change the manager? Who do you get? Will he get backed? Could end up with another season of no investment just to see what he can get out of the players.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anybody know what formation we were playing? Chiquinho seemed to be much further forward than a wingback but there was no corresponding player doing that on the left.

It looked like 3-5-2 out of possession and a sort of 4-1-4-1 in possession. Could’ve done anything tonight and City would’ve won, different class.

De Bruyne close to the best player I’ve seen live. What an insane talent.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I have never seen Coady, Boly, Jonny, & Neves play so badly. Just ball-watched all match, not picking up runners into the area and stood around admiring City’s play.
What is the point of marking space when their players are running behind you and in front of you throughout the match?
We might as well have fielded a team of trees.
As for players like Coady and Jonny turning their back on the ball when a player is about to shoot instead of closing them down…………………ffs, it’s time to pack up.
It makes you wonder what the hell did they do in training leading up to this game?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed mate.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I have never seen Coady, Boly, Jonny, & Neves play so badly. Just ball-watched all match, not picking up runners into the area and stood around admiring City’s play.
What is the point of marking space when their players are running behind you and in front of you throughout the match?
We might as well have fielded a team of trees.
As for players like Coady and Jonny turning their back on the ball when a player is about to shoot instead of closing them down…………………ffs, it’s time to pack up.
It makes you wonder what the hell did they do in training leading up to this game?
Can see all of them moving on in the summer.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change the manager? Who do you get? Will he get backed? Could end up with another season of no investment just to see what he can get out of the players.
Any manager expects individuals to do there job and lately no one is.
since Doherty left, Cody has been made redundant he is certainly not a quality defender .

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looked like 3-5-2 out of possession and a sort of 4-1-4-1 in possession. Could’ve done anything tonight and City would’ve won, different class.

De Bruyne close to the best player I’ve seen live. What an insane talent.
I was unable to go tonight, due to family commitments. I was gutted but I have to admit it was because I was so desperate to watch this guy in the flesh, absolute machine of a baller!

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Any manager expects individuals to do there job and lately no one is.
since Doherty left, Cody has been made redundant he is certainly not a quality defender .
Not one bit is he quality, us being linked with caleta and Botman..none of these are coming. We don't have money for them but they are strong solid defenders which we just don't have.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he just needs to have next season but to be backed big time in the summer, struggling to see the clowns backing him.
Sorry, after tonight's "tactical master class" don't rate him, don't want him, don't trust him with any dosh. Sooner he is gone the better. End of.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the only thing Lage learns tonight is that half that team needs replacing, then it will almost have been worth it.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was playing zonal all game, never got near a city player all night, neither did boly. We need some serious investment if we do transistion to a back 4.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've given chances to younger players during the run in. It's cost us but there's plenty to be encouraged by. Let's face it, West Ham have always been better than us this season and deserve that final European place.
We must remain patient. We're building slowly but surely. We can't throw money around like the top 6/7 but we have another good prospect coming through. For me, he was the best player on the field tonight.
Exactly where I am at, I don’t get the reactionary crap. Sell blah blah blah. After Brighton for sure! But not them

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was playing zonal all game, never got near a city player all night, neither did boly. We need some serious investment if we do transistion to a back 4.
I don’t apportion blame to them. The system and personnel I do, if we were doing anything but experimenting which is what most of this place wanted!!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City would have scored at least 5 (or more) tonight against any Premier League team except probably Liverpool. De Bruyne was given the freedom of Molineux for 90 minutes and our midfield got nowhere near him.

When you can afford to buy any player on the planet, to add to an already seismic squad, any opposition team will resort to damage limitation. Thank God it was only 5!

We were without 3 probable starting defenders in Semedo, Saiss and Kilman. Jonny and Neto are just coming back from serious injury and Neves is not yet completely fit. Other than that what could we expect?

I have to agree that changes must be made to invigorate the squad and hopefully FOSUN know that. Tonight will hopefully make them realise what has to be done.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just using him as an example as a player who has had a good season also in the Porto squad. Just shows the talent he has. I'd be up for a better striker but getting sick to death of this Mendes stable ****..the only players we are going to get from him are youths like Fabio or players who have no more ambition but could play first team football. All those options we had a couple of seasons ago in defenders Dias IF true but us in the **** cos we wouldnt spend. You pay for what you get at the end of the day. Sorry for the rant, just bloody angry and don't like the way the club is going.

I wonder about the Mendes influence too. It's seen us well - so far. But we need something different this summer. Not just the Mendes thing, but we seem to have tipped the balance too far towards a core of players who never change and a load of youngsters that have potential, but are all very much work in progress. In the long term, do we get to keep players like Ait-Noiri and Chiquinho when they sort out any flaws and prove themselves capable of playing at top 6 level?

In a way, the Norwich match is a more important measure, because that is the one match this season that we really *should* be winning.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I wonder about the Mendes influence too. It's seen us well - so far. But we need something different this summer. Not just the Mendes thing, but we seem to have tipped the balance too far towards a core of players who never change and a load of youngsters that have potential, but are all very much work in progress. In the long term, do we get to keep players like Ait-Noiri and Chiquinho when they sort out any flaws and prove themselves capable of playing at top 6 level?

In a way, the Norwich match is a more important measure, because that is the one match this season that we really *should* be winning.
If Mendes really was apart of this purchase he himself would be looking to make us a force but he ain't interested one bit. He's just playing Shi and everyone else. I honestly don't see who we can get in to improve our squad. We need a couple of Chiquinhos, energy, pace and hunger. He is going to be some player.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone get the train back to New St Brum last night? There was a fight between 2 groups, about 3 on each side, Wolves and Man City. Just wondering what started it? I was a bit deflated but not really annoyed or ready to kick off last night.

Back
Top Bottom