Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Manchester City comms thread.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dr Bruyne joint leading goal scorer at Molineux this season. Heaviest defeat since we came back up. Nice one Lage you ****ing clown! Could have easily been nine

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive - fans have been terrific tonight.

Defensive have genuinely been atrocious to a man.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
last min of injury time 5-1 up nd they're still pressing for a 6th

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And on the bright side... we still haven't conceded more than 5 goals in the Prem. Happy days! :)
Lord knows how that didn't happen tonight though.
Well done City. Excellent. F you Liverpool. We don't want you to win the title.

suffolkwolf

Reaction score
Zero cohesion or strategy on our part. lol rudderless.

To be fair we could have had two pens - but we never get the rub.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
New defence needed. Knew that before losing to the best side in the world. Weve been saying it for nearly 4 yrs.
A complete new spine would also be good if we had the cash

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like these same players did last season? COuld always get Bielsa in, Leeds are exciting to watch.
If the only argument for keeping him is that there's worse options out there, it speaks volumes for Bruno, in my opinion!

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken apart again. Doesn't help when you have forwards that can't control the ball, and midfielders that are a yard off the pace.

Got to put this in perspective though. City are very good, one win off the title, and our season was over weeks ago.

Looking forward to the summer. Hope for some fresh legs. Need to replace Saiss, Jiminez, Dendonker, Hwang...
Add Boly and Cody to that list

Benny78

Reaction score
Entertaining game, City and KDB too good. Hopefully used as a blueprint for us to refresh the squad over the summer break.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking the same! But Nuno was tired and the team reflected his demeanour. This is Bruno's first season and to get walloped by an admittedly great Man City team is very poor. Not what you want to see when there are apparent aspirations for regular European football.
Tbh, I don't really mind about Man City/Liverpool schellackings. It's the abject performances to lower mid-table/bottom 3 sides in the last few months that has concerned me.

Nige

Reaction score
**** me they want me to pay £1000+ to watch **** like this next season... and they have a waiting list.. The world has gone mad..

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken apart again. Doesn't help when you have forwards that can't control the ball, and midfielders that are a yard off the pace.

Got to put this in perspective though. City are very good, one win off the title, and our season was over weeks ago.

Looking forward to the summer. Hope for some fresh legs. Need to replace Saiss, Jiminez, Dendonker, Hwang...
Based on this performance we may need to replace Ruben Neves as well. Looked like the slowest player on the pitch ;)

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Coady and Boly are in horrible runs of form at the moment. Two of my favourite players ever but there is definitely a discussion to be had around the defence next season.
I doubt either of them will be here next season.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I repeat -
You cannot experiment against such a good side at this stage in the season. Lage is the only one I hold culpable.
Does anybody know what formation we were playing? Chiquinho seemed to be much further forward than a wingback but there was no corresponding player doing that on the left.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Mate I agree with what your saying, I can't say otherwise....however, I don't think vitinha would have bridged that gap right now, he's simply not ready. Now to say in the next two years he can't that's another story but right now and last season no, but should we take another Fabio Silva gamble or better yet can we?
I'd swap Fabio for Vitinha right now, Raul had been poor since that superb goal against Saints. Nothing to be positive about at all and that's disappointing. Ppl go on about MGW and the season he is having, yeah great but he can't do that for us cos it doesn't suit him the way we play and we'll always over look him for some Portuguese player. This club need to take a look at themselves, they have made some very bad decisions in a short space of time and it's biting them in the ****.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking the same! But Nuno was tired and the team reflected his demeanour. This is Bruno's first season and to get walloped by an admittedly great Man City team is very poor. Not what you want to see when there are apparent aspirations for regular European football.

Losing 5-1 to Albion is not even on the same planet as losing 5-1 to Man City. At least we got 1.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't want any of the current CB's anywhere near the first team next season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd swap Fabio for Vitinha right now, Raul had been poor since that superb goal against Saints. Nothing to be positive about at all and that's disappointing. Ppl go on about MGW and the season he is having, yeah great but he can't do that for us cos it doesn't suit him the way we play and we'll always over look him for some Portuguese player. This club need to take a look at themselves, they have made some very bad decisions in a short space of time and it's biting them in the ****.

Why Vitinha? There are other strikers across Europe way better than Fabio - most of which wouldn't even cost us £35M Probaly at least 50 of them.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me when I saw the the line up I thought we were going 4 3 3. Then I saw Jonny at rcb and Chiquinho at rwb and instantly knew that we had a long night ahead of us.

Does not make sense playing a player out of position when you have two cbs on the bench.

Due to the right side defensively being unsure meant it pulled both Coady and Boly across to cover and opened up space that City exploited.

With Raul and Neto not being able to control anything and not showing outfall have been limited. Midfield were non existent. Poor showing. For me now just want final whistle at Liverpool. Last 4 months have been drab. We need an overhaul if we are starting next season with Coady and Boly then something has gone very wrong

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In which case I struggle with the majority of views in here right now. Didn’t we want an experiment?
We've given chances to younger players during the run in. It's cost us but there's plenty to be encouraged by. Let's face it, West Ham have always been better than us this season and deserve that final European place.
We must remain patient. We're building slowly but surely. We can't throw money around like the top 6/7 but we have another good prospect coming through. For me, he was the best player on the field tonight.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't want any of the current CB's anywhere near the first team next season.

Even though over the season as a whole, they've performed at a very high standard? What about Kilman? We lost to Man City , it's no sign that we need to throw everything out.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No disgrace losing 5-1 to that City side but it grates when at least two or three of those goals were avoidable and we had two decent penalty shouts turned down which we can be reasonably confident would have been given the other way.

I think a lot of the attacking pieces are there for nexg season but we need to sort the defence and midfield out desperately.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
No excuses we played a an excellent footballing side who ran us ragged all game. Our midfield lacks pace and we need a significant upgrade in the summer.
Defensively we were all over the place and could have been more goals against us.
Positives Chinquino again lively and Nouri excellent.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though over the season as a whole, they've performed at a very high standard? What about Kilman? We lost to Man City , it's no sign that we need to throw everything out.

Yeah, sorry forgot about Kilman, you're right.

The rest are a mess though.

Back
Top Bottom