Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brighton comms. thread.

D

Deleted member 8123

I thought the miss was one of those turning points and the end of his wolves career. Now I’m hoping the goal might give him the confidence to kick on and realise his potential.
Reminded me of Vokes v Man utd , who , despite his potential, was sold soon after.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much better 2nd half, but that wasn't difficult. Pleased for Morgan, real redemption after that terrible miss. How Crap has Neves become? We were so much better after he went off. Adama the enigma turned up trumps, wing play masterclass destroyed them. Still, for forty minutes in the 1st half we were absolutely awful. Still can't play OK for 90 minutes, and heads go down too quickly when we concede. More grit needed. But Sunday is a lovely day after all!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange decision. Did score a goal, other than that floated several crosses to nobody.. and what else? Did the glory work, basically. For overall team contribution and hard work, there were several who did more than Traore.
YOU ARE KIDDING ME.
HE WON THE BALL BACK TO PUT THE BALL ON THE PLATE TO MGW. Is that not hard work for the team?
There was **** all penetration from that hard team work. Absolutely mad if you think of even giving it to someone else, given how little everybody else created in 90 minutes.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Excellent end to the game. Was delighted how we started. Then unfortunately the Brighton goal knocked the stuffing out of us and we struggled to prevent their big men causing havoc on our box.

Im a huge traore critic, but when he plays like that.....wow. Movement off the ball, putting players through, and of course the standard having the full back on toast.

Delighted with MGW, never stopped trying and grew into the game. Started picking up intelligent space when traore went out wide.

Silva is improving game on game and today again we started finding his runs. Don’t think he’ll ever be a classic No 9 and power in headers, but excellent movement, good anticipation and must have been distraught to be pulled down when through on goal!

Lots to work on but plenty to be pleased with!! RAN was excellent.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it earlier this season give Silva time and he’s going to be some player for us.
Been marmite about Adama but he looked like a man who’s sorted his contract out and was focused, hope he stays.
MGW, so pleased he got that goal, perhaps a pivotal moment in his young career, his reaction and interview says it all, perhaps seeing the bigger picture now.
Moutinho, not sure he’s what we need any more.
Nuno, had a feeling he might leave us all year and he might yet do that, who knows. I’m for giving him one more transfer window and to Christmas. With the players to come back, the youngsters starting to show their class and a few key additions in the summer we could still have a quality team.

Moutinho did fine, I thought. Need his experience when you have so many youngsters out there. Not every match, but still has a role to play. Kept us driving forward for the win.

TBH Far more worried about Neves. Had a really bad one today and seems to be happening far too often. Shooting and free kicks have got worse over the years, can't believe there is any doubt on that now. Neves, good player on his day (shame there arent that many of them) , for me sums up the worst of us as a team in that he is one who constantly slows the game down, needs more time and so on. Him, Coady, Donk, Saiss together...snails pace football. Moutinho , even when it isn't working out, can go up a gear those others don't have :)

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clip of Fabio hugging Gibbs white with the miss and then the goal. I was too busy punching the pillow on the miss and celebrating wildly on the goal to see them
You could very well be in trouble now with the Wokes for admitting punching your pillow. Hope you get away with it.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange decision. Did score a goal, other than that floated several crosses to nobody.. and what else? Did the glory work, basically. For overall team contribution and hard work, there were several who did more than Traore.
But, arguably, not as effective.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
YOU ARE KIDDING ME.
HE WON THE BALL BACK TO PUT THE BALL ON THE PLATE TO MGW. Is that not hard work for the team?
There was **** all penetration from that hard team work. Absolutely mad if you think of even giving it to someone else, given how little everybody else created in 90 minutes.

I don't totally disagree. It's one match, though. Against a bottom 6 team. Been waiting a long time for him to get involved in a "team" goal.

We need to see what we saw today far more often than 2 or 3 times a season. Has a corner be turned or will we go back to "hasn't scored in 30 matches" as all too often happens?

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not picking a fight (honesty), but it's really noticeable how some posters who were so prominent in the first half have said next to nothing in the second half. So noticeable today.

whats your point?

I didnt watch the second half. I had to attend to one of my kids who was in pain

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maupay getting sent off has made my day
He’s a cheat and now he’s an idiot as well!

Can’t understand what the hell he was ranting about. He had to be held back for some reason by Brighton’s back room staff and his own players.

I can only think it may have been something to do with the Coady ‘incident‘ a few minutes before the end.

Well it looks like it was a straight red for him so that’s a 3 match ban.

Idiot!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
whats your point?

I didnt watch the second half. I had to attend to one of my kids who was in pain
It just seems that some only post to criticise and spread some vitriol. When we are playing well they aren't equally as forceful in their praise, or even delight. Just wish people would show a bit more balance and patience. Makes it a better place to debate.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hr
I don't totally disagree. It's one match, though. Against a bottom 6 team. Been waiting a long time for him to get involved in a "team" goal.

We need to see what we saw today far more often than 2 or 3 times a season. Has a corner be turned or will we go back to "hasn't scored in 30 matches" as all too often happens?
He's been one of our best players since January though.
I don't care if he doesn't score that many if he actually creates the amount of chances he does for other players.
He might balloon a cross in once in a while, but at least he isn't afraid of doing it, unlike say Moutinho, who is now seemingly scared to even try anything. I don't want a team full of maladaptive perfectionists keeping the ball all game and wondering why they can't score.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not picking a fight (honesty), but it's really noticeable how some posters who were so prominent in the first half have said next to nothing in the second half. So noticeable today.

... says a person who posted far more in the second half ;)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hr
He's been one of our best players since January though.
I don't care if he doesn't score that many if he actually creates the amount of chances he does for other players.
He might balloon a cross in once in a while, but at least he isn't afraid of doing it, unlike say Moutinho, who is now seemingly scared to even try anything. I don't want a team full of maladaptive perfectionists keeping the ball all game and wondering why they can't score.

Yes, agreed, though not sure he's creating *that* many chances for other players? There was a spell earlier in the season, but that seemed to have faded and he seemed to be just trying to do it all himself - similar to Neto, presumably due to not getting the support they needed.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a cheat and now he’s an idiot as well!

Can’t understand what the hell he was ranting about. He had to be held back for some reason by Brighton’s back room staff and his own players.

I can only think it may have been something to do with the Coady ‘incident‘ a few minutes before the end.

Well it looks like it was a straight red for him so that’s a 3 match ban.

Idiot!

Think it was to do with the Coady thing. Coady sitting their laughing saying "I'm happy " as Maupay bitched.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just seems that some only post to criticise and spread some vitriol. When we are playing well they aren't equally as forceful in their praise, or even delight. Just wish people would show a bit more balance and patience. Makes it a better place to debate.

People are different. Some go into ridiculous levels of denial when we play badly - which we have done many times this season. The balance applies both ways. Plenty of times, one win gets lots of "we've turned the corner and will go racing up the table" posts. And then we played Burnley....

I see where you're coming from wanting balance and I really try to not go knee-jerk response in either direction. Presumptious of me , but it seems that what some people want isn't really "balance". That unbalanced responses are fine - so long as they are positive.

We've just had 3 wins out of 5 matches. Great! Isn't it "balanced" to point out that those 5 clubs were all in the bottom 6, though? So don't get carried away when we have far better teams than Brighton, Fulham, Sheff U and Albion to play. That seems "balanced" to me, enjoy the wins, but keep the overall perspective. We've not suddenly improved, but have benefitted from the quirks of the fixture list.

But as I said, we are all different and pointing out an inarguable fact - that we've just had 3 close wins against relegation candidates - will be dismissed with "go and support another team" from those oh-so-positive Super Fans.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho did fine, I thought. Need his experience when you have so many youngsters out there. Not every match, but still has a role to play. Kept us driving forward for the win.

TBH Far more worried about Neves. Had a really bad one today and seems to be happening far too often. Shooting and free kicks have got worse over the years, can't believe there is any doubt on that now. Neves, good player on his day (shame there arent that many of them) , for me sums up the worst of us as a team in that he is one who constantly slows the game down, needs more time and so on. Him, Coady, Donk, Saiss together...snails pace football. Moutinho , even when it isn't working out, can go up a gear those others don't have :)
I am convinced that with a top class RCB and a more mobile and influential midfielder that we will see the Neves we know he can be.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
YOU ARE KIDDING ME.

Also, talking of man of the match. Ait Noiri was good throughout, set up chances and indeed set up MGW for the winner. Vitinha played the neat pass to Silva that got Dunk sent off. Vitinha also plays a neat pass to Traore to set up the first goal, well assisted by Silva

See, there were lots of other names in there, it was not a Traore one-man-show.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, talking of man of the match. Ait Noiri was good throughout, set up chances and indeed set up MGW for the winner. Vitinha played the neat pass to Silva that got Dunk sent off. Vitinha also plays a neat pass to Traore to set up the first goal, well assisted by Silva

See, there were lots of other names in there, it was not a Traore one-man-show.
I never said it was.
He changed the game. And the idea of it being anybody else when we haven't looked scoring until he came on baffles me. He's a clear winner in a game where we have honestly struggled to get the better of a fellow midtable side.
Ait-Nouri suffered from the adama syndrome of trying to take on one man too many. Vitinha did some nice stuff at times, but also lost the ball a lot. I thought all the back 4 played well. But we didn't look like we were going to score until he came on. Brighton were terrified of him.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can he? I haven't seen him do it this season. Way too passive again.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never said it was.
He changed the game. And the idea of it being anybody else when we haven't looked scoring until he came on baffles me. He's a clear winner in a game where we have honestly struggled to get the better of a fellow midtable side.
Ait-Nouri suffered from the adama syndrome of trying to take on one man too many. Vitinha did some nice stuff at times, but also lost the ball a lot. I thought all the back 4 played well. But we didn't look like we were going to score until he came on. Brighton were terrified of him.

Agree on the back 4. Considering the flak they were getting at half time! Yes, it did feel that Brighton were running rings around us, but in hindsight, their best chances were only the corners launched to their giants. For about 10 minutes, they were playing quick, incisive passes through us, which led to the corners and a couple of half chances. But then that stopped, and our defence was actually very solid after that, other than those corners. Given three young players in the back 4, perhaps that's understandable and it just took them a little time to settle - after around 30 mins, I don't think Brighton created anything, and that was before the sending off.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can he? I haven't seen him do it this season. Way too passive again.

Gets further forward than Neves, moves the ball faster around the opponents penalty area when needed - which it was, a we were a goal down for most of the match. 93% pass rate. 4 tackles (highest on the pitch). Got a 7.1 on WhoScored. Neves got 5.9. (only the abysmal Maupay got lower, says it all).

Shame about the corners, though! Can only assume they were trying to "work" something to counter Brightons height advantage. Podence piggy-back on Silva's shoulders would be a viable tactic.:)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gets further forward than Neves, moves the ball faster around the opponents penalty area when needed - which it was, a we were a goal down for most of the match. 93% pass rate. 4 tackles (highest on the pitch). Got a 7.1 on WhoScored. Neves got 5.9. (only the abysmal Maupay got lower, says it all).

Shame about the corners, though! Can only assume they were trying to "work" something to counter Brightons height advantage. Podence piggy-back on Silva's shoulders would be a viable tactic.:)
They were doing the whole "don't cross it" without a viable alternative, which has been a metaphor for the rest of his game this season.
93% pass rate doesn't surprise me. He doesn't try anything difficult anymore. It's just move the ball on, without ever getting into better positions because of his passing.
There is next to no creativity from him. Would have been better having dendonker in the side, at least we would have a physical presence in the box. For me, his performance today was every bit as bad as his one against Chorley.
Make no mistake about it, but until the sending off this wasn't a very good performance at all. The midfield in particular stank. It was all very laboured with no real ideas.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Strange game first 15 minutes we were in control passing and moving the ball well. Poor defending for goal and subsequent corners.
The young players starting played well and will grow into good players so long as we have patience and give them opportunities to play in the team. Thought Vitinha moves us forward as a team, Nouri getting more confident and his strength is improving, however he needs to win balls in the air. MGW played well and should persist with him next season as he as a role as a squad player.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were doing the whole "don't cross it" without a viable alternative, which has been a metaphor for the rest of his game this season.
93% pass rate doesn't surprise me. He doesn't try anything difficult anymore. It's just move the ball on, without ever getting into better positions because of his passing.
There is next to no creativity from him. Would have been better having dendonker in the side, at least we would have a physical presence in the box. For me, his performance today was every bit as bad as his one against Chorley.
Make no mistake about it, but until the sending off this wasn't a very good performance at all. The midfield in particular stank. It was all very laboured with no real ideas.

I agree with this, he isn't contributing enough nowadays to start. Too many sidewards and safe passes and not the sharpness he needs to open teams up. I think he still has plenty to offer the squad but probably from the bench. It's time to let Vitinha have a run in that position.

D

Deleted member 11332

I agree with this, he isn't contributing enough nowadays to start. Too many sidewards and safe passes and not the sharpness he needs to open teams up. I think he still has plenty to offer the squad but probably from the bench. It's time to let Vitinha have a run in that position.

In his defence and I know he does often take the safe pass. It's rare we have people moving ahead of our midfielders. We are static, today in the second half we were better and Moutinho was finding vitinha in pockets of space.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, what did we learn today...

1. You can win things with kids
2. Traore can be a game changer
3. Wolves are much better against 10 men

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his defence and I know he does often take the safe pass. It's rare we have people moving ahead of our midfielders. We are static, today in the second half we were better and Moutinho was finding vitinha in pockets of space.
It's a fair comment about lack of movement but I think he has become part of that issue too.

D

Deleted member 11332

It's a fair comment about lack of movement but I think he has become part of that issue too.
Maybe but that could be tactical aswell, Portugal play quite high tempo and Moutinho is often their best player. Bar the GOAT

Back
Top Bottom