Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brentford comms thread.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally devoid of ideas.

Bellegarde just doesn’t suit us at all.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't really been given a chance in a position he's comfortable in.

He hasn't played well at all, but he really shouldn't be moved around as much as he is. He's moved around cause we have a small squad and he's the closest thing to fitting in a number of positions, but it doesn't help him get his right foot forward.
Definitely not having a go… but what will his position/role be? I just can’t see it.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson has been terrible today but my goodness Bellegarde is looking useless.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford will be down next season when they sell Toney. Awful team

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely not having a go… but what will his position/role be? I just can’t see it.
He's best in the midfield or on the wing. I don't think he has the pace to be a winger in the PL though, so probably straight in the mid. But he's been throw around the front three, into the mid, back to the wing. He's had no consistency. I think it was two games ago when he started that the commentators even mentioned him looking confused where he was supposed to be.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dross
If Cunha is long term we are back to having big problems
Let's hope we haven't gambled and lost

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defensively we are a mess, have been for a while. Time to mix it up with Santi Bueno

Monswolf

Reaction score
Brentford are in simple terms a horrible horrible little tin pot club that as far as I am concerned the sooner they are relegated back obscurity the better

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost glad I couldn't go now!

Interestingly enough, I've missed two of the games we've played against Brentford at home, lost both 2-0. So sorry, my fault

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate losing, especially to a snidey team like Brentford. We were the better team second half, but it counts for nothing. We miss Cunha, and currently Bellegarde doesn't offer much.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa has to go in the summer. Absolutely has to be upgraded on. Bellegarde is also not up to standard. Whether he's more suited as a central midfielder I don't know, but he's behind four others in that regard anyway.

Nathan Fraser's hold up play about the only positive you can take from that. Praying Cunha's non-contact injury isn't anything serious.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dross
If Cunha is long term we are back to having big problems
Let's hope we haven't gambled and lost
Gambling would have meant bringing in a good player in January instead of an 18 year old..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford lost their last five away games until today!

Folk bigging GON up for England manager after the Chelsea win but in reality we’ve lost our last two home games playing poorly in the first half of both.

Onto the next game.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest positive is that we looked solid in a 4 at the back until a needless pass from Sa.

But overall just a disappointing day.
Against a team that had no desire to attack though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where I hope we tie the game to spite those fake fans leaving early. :)

Plenty of people leave Molineux before added time even when we’re winning because the traffic is a nightmare when the game finishes. I know plenty of lifelong fans of 40+ years who leave early for exactly that reason, not because they are “fake fans”.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford lost their last five away games until today!

Folk bigging GON up for England manager after the Chelsea win but in reality we’ve lost our last two home games playing poorly in the first half of both.

Onto the next game.
Hard to blame Gary for the team coming out the way they did. They couldn't make a pass to save their lives early. That's not on Gary, that's on the players.

colincameron

Reaction score
Simon Hooper
Unbelievable petulance when booking Fraser for 'kicking it away' when we were 1-0 down. Totally natural frustrated roll back towards their defender. He did it entirely to further frustrate a player. Why didn't Collins get a yellow when he kicked it away on 96mins when it went out for a corner?

Just unbelievable game management, clearly enjoys winding up players rather than neutrally managing the game.

Totally played into Brentford's hands, as usual time wasting etc then only 6 mins? Don't get me wrong, we can't be having Brentford come here and do the exact same job on us as they did 2 years ago, but Hooper facilitated it to some degree today imo.

Ultimately though, as soon as Cunha went off you saw us shrink about 3 foot though, talismanic figure that he is now- as proven by today. We need him. The absolute heartbeat of this team.

Back
Top Bottom