Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Top 10 Premier League goals

Wolfster

Reaction score
Sarabia's brilliant goal on the weekend got me wondering where it ranks amongst our best Premier League goals since we came back up in 2003. We've scored some great team goals and a few thunderbolts. A few of the contenders;

Rae vs Bolton
Milijas vs Bolton
Jones vs Tottenham
Hunt vs Blackburn
Jota vs Cardiff
Jimenez vs Burnley
Nunes vs Chelsea
Neves vs Watford (could have a top 10 competition of his own)

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't there a couple of edge of box goals against man u also. Neves and Moutinho
The Neves goal vs Man U which VAR tried to disallow as to whether Moutinho was offside. Also Neves vs Everton in first game back and Neves vs Villa when we won 2-1 at home from a corner. Another two that need mentioning are Dendonker’s vs West Ham in lock down - all Adama’s work and Doherty, 3rd goal vs Man City - good team goal.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Ketsbaia's thunderstike in the Prem? If so it's worth a mention!

Wolfster

Reaction score
From our older stints, Camara scored a couple of crackers. A couple of good goals in the West Ham away match? from Jarvis and Zubar and im sure Guedioura scored a cracker with his weak foot against Sunderland possibly?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the second goal by Adama Traore against Manchester City is worthy of a mention. While not of the Neves calibre, he had to run half the length of the pitch with City players chasing after him and the goalkeeper advancing to reduce the angle. I thought Adama held his nerve well, it would have been easy to miss that chance. I remember the great Jimmy Greaves once said that the hardest chances were the ones where you had time to think. Well Adama had time to think, but still slotted it away perfectly.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Henri Camara scored a couple of ridiculous goals in the Premier League for us, after not being able to score for love or money, and before leaving us and being renamed 'The Rat' - 2nd and 3rd on here:

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's rewind to a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon in late September 2021 at St. Mary's, Southampton. Unlike the weather, the game had been drab and dreary with neither side seeming capable of sparking the game into life. All that changed in the 61st minute when Sa launched a speculative clearance upfield in the general direction of Jimenez in the inside-left channel. The first battle to be won was one of physicality and the Wolves' striker needed all his strength to hold off Bednarek's challenge. With the ball now at his feet it was the time for skill and subtlety as he advanced to the edge of the penalty area and flicked the ball inside to beat Salisu. By this time Bednarek had recovered his position but to no avail as our hero checked back inside to beat the hapless defender. Only the keeper to beat now and keeping his composure he rolled the ball from close to the penalty spot to the right of McCarthy and into the net. A wonderful individual goal and, better still, at our end of the ground. This was Raul's first goal since his terrible head injury and we celebrated long and loud with his very own song. Si Senor! Fittingly it proved to be the match winning goal.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's rewind to a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon in late September 2021 at St. Mary's, Southampton. Unlike the weather, the game had been drab and dreary with neither side seeming capable of sparking the game into life. All that changed in the 61st minute when Sa launched a speculative clearance upfield in the general direction of Jimenez in the inside-left channel. The first battle to be won was one of physicality and the Wolves' striker needed all his strength to hold off Bednarek's challenge. With the ball now at his feet it was the time for skill and subtlety as he advanced to the edge of the penalty area and flicked the ball inside to beat Salisu. By this time Bednarek had recovered his position but to no avail as our hero checked back inside to beat the hapless defender. Only the keeper to beat now and keeping his composure he rolled the ball from close to the penalty spot to the right of McCarthy and into the net. A wonderful individual goal and, better still, at our end of the ground. This was Raul's first goal since his terrible head injury and we celebrated long and loud with his very own song. Si Senor! Fittingly it proved to be the match winning goal.
Really well written. Quite thrilling.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt there one v Spurs where we completed something like 28 passes under Mick?
That one I forget the scorer

Rae V Bolton
Neves V Man Utd
Jiminez v Burnley
Jota V Leicester (just for the ball by Neves)
Adama V Man City away
Sarabia V Spurs

Last edited:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rae V Bolton
Neves V Man Utd
Jiminez v Burnley
Adama V Man City away
Sarabia V Spurs
Dave Jones scored it brilliant goal.

His chip up and volley free kick against Stoke was class as well.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Rae V Bolton
Neves V Man Utd
Jiminez v Burnley
Adama V Man City away
Sarabia V Spurs
David Jones?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best goal I think I’ve seen us score (even allowing for various Neves & Bully thunder*******s)
Not sure it was the best we've scored but the speed of the move, Raul control, pass to Adama, the cross, Rauls desire to get on the end and perfect placed header just epitomised the Nuno era for me, will always be etched in memories.

Back
Top Bottom