Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves to break the record..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would require 21 wins from 27 games. I don't think it'll be as smooth sailing as some think it will be. We haven't had any injury problems yet (touch wood), and there are some very tough away games ahead of us. Wednesday, Bristol City, Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Cardiff, Boro away to come and many others that will be far from easy.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would require 21 wins from 27 games. I don't think it'll be as smooth sailing as some think it will be. We haven't had any injury problems yet (touch wood), and there are some very tough away games ahead of us. Wednesday, Bristol City, Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Cardiff, Boro away to come and many others that will be far from easy.

Our home form will take us where we want to be coupled with only average away results.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Maximum points from the away games mentioned.

C

Calufur

As I said earlier its asking a lot to get 107 points which is one more than Reading managed in they're record season

Last edited by a moderator:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve still got to go away to Cardiff, Villa, Boro, Bristol etc. All this talk of promotion & Europe doesn’t sit well with me currently.
It sits bloody well with me! If we don't recognise we are watching not just one of Wolves's greatest sides but certainly one of the best ever 2nd tier sides (arguably the best ever?) then your bumps need feeling???!!!!

Berrylands

Groupie
Reaction score
Funnily I was wondering about this today.
Currently held by Reading, 106 points.

W

we8wba

It's fn November still

Let's revisit this if possible back end of jan

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's fn November still

Let's revisit this if possible back end of jan

yep, far too early to think about other than a cheeky bet. you know what they say, one game at a time

though i agree this is the best wolves side and with potential to be even better, that i've seen in my lifetime. i just want the club to make sure this lasts for years

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe we'll get over 100 points. Not sure about the record.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Boly was injured for a few weeks

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
People are just being too afraid of accepting what is unravelling before them.

The Wolves are on the hunt sweeping through the league looking to take down anything that dares to not run away. The bigger the challenge the stronger will be our resolve and fierce the desire to overcome.

There isn't a team in the league that will not be worried about being ravaged by us, and rightly so.

It won't matter who you are or where you are in the league, when you take on the 'wolf' you do so knowing all can be lost very, very easily.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sits bloody well with me! If we don't recognise we are watching not just one of Wolves's greatest sides but certainly one of the best ever 2nd tier sides (arguably the best ever?) then your bumps need feeling???!!!!

They have a long way to go before they become one of our greatest sides ever. 2nd tier best I can go go along with as long as we cross the finishing line in 1st place.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
At 10 to 1 the bookies obviously don’t think we have much chance of making it!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't give a flying **** how many points we get a long as we are promoted,I ay even bothered if we end up second to be honest.I'm enjoying me home and away days more than ever,I cor wait for the promotion party in town when we are confirmed.Hopefully it will be a home match way before the season ends.What a night that will be.;)

M

Mr Wolf

How many points did we have at this stage under Mick when we got promoted & what did we end up on in league 1, think it was 102?

wolvesdb

Groupie
Reaction score
44 points in 19 games is an impressive 2.32 points per game. Over a 46 game season that is 107 points (slight errors due to rounding.) Therefore yes we are on target for a record breaking points tally. However it would be a lot to keep it up over the season.

Personally I would just settle for promotion. At the start of the season it would not have mattered to us if we finished 1st, 2nd or even if was 6th and we won two penalty shootouts to get promotion via the playoffs.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2.32 points per game so far isn't too shabby whilst our new players are still getting to know each other and settle into their new club and country and Nuno is getting to know this Division.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we need to calm down this is Wolves remember. A few injuries and it might all change. Neves misses next game doesn’t he.

Back
Top Bottom