Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Next Manager

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No comms coming out of Twitter since the game. A sign of something rumbling, or total nonsense?

Either way, the next appointment sends us down/keeps us up. No pressure, Jeff.

Noticed the same. Postmatch comments from GON only on the official page. Nothing on X or Facebook as there usually is.

Don't think it means anything other than the club knowing that at the moment it will only generate a huge amount of negative response.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Another manager?
Until we get rid of Shi and his cronies we will always struggle.
So many Awful appointments
They simply haven't got a scooby.
Why bring in another cheap alternative ?
Fosun have lost interest and no manager is going to save ,us until he is seriously backed .
Sadly that is highly unlikely .
Wolves will struggle again because we are well down the priority list for investment from our beloved owners.
The championship is waiting to gobble us up!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man, I flipping hope so. Time to act is now, longer we leave it the worse it's going to be.
Manager like big sam took points off city with albion given time he’s capable of pulling off results

Like you say longer we leave it the worse the issues will become

SACK HIM AFTER SATURDAY JEFF AND MATT

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michel, having gained 3 promotions with 3 different teams, has now taken Girona to the top of the Liga. Granted they have had easier matches, but tonight won away to Villarreal.
Serious talent, will not sustain this high position, but a manager that will be snapped up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_211918_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_211918_Google.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves did show a lot of ambition when they brought in JL. And not only that, they ok’ed his bringing a lot of assistants……this wasn’t cheap.
And Wolves also splashed big money over the last while.

So the ambition is there.

So, I hope that Jeff again tries to find a coach as good or better like JL. Start at the top and work down.
If you don’t ask then you won’t get quality.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves did show a lot of ambition when they brought in JL. And not only that, they ok’ed his bringing a lot of assistants……this wasn’t cheap.

So, I hope that Jeff again tries to find a coach as good or better like JL. Start at the top and work down.
The ambition was there with bringing Lopetegui unfortunately it disappeared with the appointment of O Neil.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Everything clearly changed from January to the summer.

Wolves claimed it was FFP. The cynics don't believe them.

If it was purely FFP for this summer, we will be able to spend next summer, which Shi has stated, and we would be able to attract a good manager for a project.

However, saying the 'ambition is there' after the summer we've had is way, way, way wide of the mark IMO.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed the same. Postmatch comments from GON only on the official page. Nothing on X or Facebook as there usually is.

Don't think it means anything other than the club knowing that at the moment it will only generate a huge amount of negative response.

Yeah, also noticed it earlier, and think your theory is spot on. The social media team will have noticed the immensely negative feedback last night and will know anything they post today will get the same feedback.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything clearly changed from January to the summer.

Wolves claimed it was FFP. The cynics don't believe them.

If it was purely FFP for this summer, we will be able to spend next summer, which Shi has stated, and we would be able to attract a good manager for a project.

However, saying the 'ambition is there' after the summer we've had is way, way, way wide of the mark IMO.
Why would the ambition disappear?……show me why?
Hiring Gary doesn’t show lack of ambition, just that maybe no good coaches were available or wanted the job.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hiring Gary doesn’t show lack of ambition, just that maybe no good coaches were available or wanted the job.
37 games and sacked by Bournemouth screams lack of ambition. Any good coach that wanted the job would want financial backing The fact that there wasn’t any again screams lack of ambition. Our job is a far bigger one than O Neil could have dreamt of getting hence he won’t complain about lack of money available. On the no good coaches the world of football has more leaks than a sieve yet at no point was there anything said about any other coach than O Neil.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems Fosun saying one thing then back tracking to the manager with Lopetegui.

You go to work they say they pay you X amount for a day's work and then the day ends and you get half that .

You not going to be ****ed off or felt let down.

Then you turn up the next day and it's even less money .

So no decent manager will come to this comedy show inam afraid.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to know, the actual situation between Wolves and Mendes at the moment. and what was it that broke the camel's back.

Maybe he had a few more generational talents he was trying to offload onto us?

More likely, it's just that he's more interested in clubs that have money available.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems Fosun saying one thing then back tracking to the manager with Lopetegui.

You go to work they say they pay you X amount for a day's work and then the day ends and you get half that .

You not going to be ****ed off or felt let down.

Then you turn up the next day and it's even less money .

So no decent manager will come to this comedy show inam afraid.
I don’t believe we have the whole story on what really happened but I suspect that JL was the problem.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t believe we have the whole story on what really happened but I suspect that JL was the problem.

It doesn’t ****ing matter who was at fault and why he left, it doesn’t excuse the appointment of an incompetent coach like GON. That’s all on Hobbs and Shi, and they can both pack their bags and leave along with Fosun.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whomever we get, they need to be in-situ before the Bournemouth game (preferably) or, at-worst, before the Sheffield U game.

The next two games are pretty much write-offs regardless of who is in charge (bar Nuno).

IMHO there is no chance we stay up if GON is still in charge in December.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whomever we get, they need to be in-situ before the Bournemouth game (preferably) or, at-worst, before the Sheffield U game.

The next two games are pretty much write-offs regardless of who is in charge (bar Nuno).

It’s why I would have sacked him now.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s why I would have sacked him now.
The problem is, and it's been said before, who will want to come here and have no guarantees of anything being available for transfers and whatever other restrictions get put on them apart from Edwards?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is, and it's been said before, who will want to come here and have no guarantees of anything being available for transfers and whatever other restrictions get put on them apart from Edwards?

Well that’s Hobbs problem isn’t it. If he is not already sounding out replacements he should also be fired immediately along with his incompetent boss Shi.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
I actually think we aren't such an unappealing option for an out of work manager given how poor the teams at the bottom seem this season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the thing is if they don’t change the way they are doing things there’s a good chance they’ll find themselves in the championship next season.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AVB
Potter
Hassenhutl
Colin

Thats about all
Thought AVB and Hassenhutl have retired. Potter no chance and Warnock busy having his next botox inj.
Can see us ending up with Dean Smith.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought AVB and Hassenhutl have retired. Potter no chance and Warnock busy having his next botox inj.
Can see us ending up with Dean Smith.
Hassenhuttl certainly spoke about possibly retiring at the end of his Saints contract. Given that he was fired early it is unclear what he now wants. Similarly Villas Boas talked about retiring once he left Marseilles. Who knows if he'd want to come back after a break....

Even Dean Smith is better than GON...

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There are 4 teams who haven't won a game yet, no one is going to be cut adrift in December

loppers86

Reaction score
Jeff and Matt were there to scout McKenna :grinning:
Give him the job. 3 year contract.
Tell him to attack his way out of trouble, support him in January and if we go down give him 2 years to attack his way back. At least we might all pull together and support him…

I really can’t face listening to GON developing his ‘clearing up Lopetegui’s mess’ myth for one more week. The longer it goes on the bigger mess JL will have left behind.

We all saw preseason and the united game, and it’s pretty obvious that half the division weren’t going to get the ball off us with the squad we’ve got. if we’d have stuck with Plan B we’d have been looking at Europe now.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Interesting call. Record looks decent at Lyon and Stade Rennais, could we get him out of his current employment though
Hi guys long time no talk . BUT I have some news news straight from my sorce who was a wolves legend. the players don't like g o n full stop .thay don't like his tactics or his training methods so watch this space he's toast very soon .

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi guys long time no talk . BUT I have some news news straight from my sorce who was a wolves legend. the players don't like g o n full stop .thay don't like his tactics or his training methods so watch this space he's toast very soon .

Hmmmm ….. looks like O’Neil is here to stay then!

The only thing that is keeping me going is that money will really be available next season and that GON was only a temp appt to see us thru this season…. I know I’m deluded!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s Hobbs problem isn’t it. If he is not already sounding out replacements he should also be fired immediately along with his incompetent boss Shi.
Shi's made it Hobbs problem and made him the fall guy by keeping his distance during the coach recruitment progress. If anything, Hobbs & O'Neill will both get the boot and teflon Jeff will remain until the fosun era is done.

Back
Top Bottom