Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Next Manager

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to know, the actual situation between Wolves and Mendes at the moment. and what was it that broke the camel's back.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appointing one of the experts from this forum would be a good move. I imagine it would be a shock to the system for them to have to prove their credibility. In all honesty I'd love to see it, on the proviso that it was a limited time experiment!
And many on here would probably do a better job than GO……

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to know, the actual situation between Wolves and Mendes at the moment. and what was it that broke the camel's back.
I was told the combination of the trincao and guedes fees and their results didn’t help the relationship…..

Arsenal, spurs and fulham got offered players who were initially prepped for the wolves shop window, till the relationship soured…..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unemployed managers whose last job was in the Premier League ranked by avg points…. Guess who is number 2….

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 138

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unemployed managers whose last job was in the Premier League ranked by avg points…. Guess who is number 2….

Stop it…..

you know he is the anti-Christ and you can’t be nice about him as we have to lie and pretend to believe in the chippy ****ney fraud managing the club today……

As to question GO before tonight made you a bad fan and social pariah lol

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
After the toons 8 goal haul last week, I reckon City putting 9 past Sa is a good possibility, only thing in our favour might be city resting players for the champions league midweek. Imagine what this clowns reputation will be after this week, get him out ffs

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop it…..

you know he is the anti-Christ and you can’t be nice about him as we have to lie and pretend to believe in the chippy ****ney fraud managing the club today……

As to question GO before tonight made you a bad fan and social pariah lol

Maybe we need to call in OGS. At least we might secure a few loanees from Man Utd!

More seriously, I guess from that list the hope would be one of Marsch or Potter. Not sure I could see either coming anywhere near Wolves while Shi is running things, but maybe we have more money to offer now than we did when we hired the PE Teacher.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we need to call in OGS. At least we might secure a few loanees from Man Utd!

More seriously, I guess from that list the hope would be one of Marsch or Potter. Not sure I could see either coming anywhere near Wolves while Shi is running things, but maybe we have more money to offer now than we did when we hired the PE Teacher.
Offensive to PE teachers mate…… they have intelligence and a university degree and can teach and coach a range of sports and skills.

GO can’t even do it successfully or well in the one sport he has dedicated his life too…..

Pe teachers are more intelligent and skilled, it is why I say apprentice/work experience boy in regards to GO if I am being rude lol as I won’t belittle teachers for cheap laughs

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd take Iain Dowie's ppg for the rest of the season!!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi said the money will be available next season.

If that’s the case, it’s easy to convince a manager with a long term project.

Even if it’s not, there are many good managers who would back themselves to get this group doing more, then they’d move on to bigger and better.

The ‘be careful what you wish for’ line doesn’t apply here. I think we’re going down, so it can’t get any worse.

Shi and Hobbs just need to admit their mistake. They can repair their relationship with the fans. They can change the direction of the club. Just swallow your pride. You got it wrong, now spend on the manager to get it right.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want any manager who'd accept the job art the moment.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robbie Keane by the way is doing brilliantly at the moment.
Thing is, as unqualified as Robbie Keane might be to take on a PL job like ours, he's ex-Wolves and was a top player, both are plus points that O'Neil doesn't have

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, as unqualified as Robbie Keane might be to take on a PL job like ours, he's ex-Wolves and was a top player, both are plus points that O'Neil doesn't have
Worked under some top coaches and knows how to be an elite player/winner and international record setter……

More things GO cannot claim to have

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even if it’s not, there are many good managers who would back themselves to get this group doing more, then they’d move on to bigger and better.

The ‘be careful what you wish for’ line doesn’t apply here. I think we’re going down, so it can’t get any worse.

Shi and Hobbs just need to admit their mistake. They can repair their relationship with the fans. They can change the direction of the club. Just swallow your pride. You got it wrong, now spend on the manager to get it right.
I am not sure Shi actually committed us to spend money next year. More likely he used some weasel words to keep fans happy, while crossing his fingers behind his back.

However, if we do have cash to spend I would hope we spend it better than this summer. Bueno looks slower than Dawson, and Gonzalez is not good enough to get on the bench last night.

But if he has cash I would start with a proper manager... and a one way ticket back to Bejing.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy with OGS right now. He didn't do badly with that United team he had to be fair to him.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Offensive to PE teachers mate…… they have intelligence and a university degree and can teach and coach a range of sports and skills.

GO can’t even do it successfully or well in the one sport he has dedicated his life too…..

Pe teachers are more intelligent and skilled, it is why I say apprentice/work experience boy in regards to GO if I am being rude lol as I won’t belittle teachers for cheap laughs

Yeah, I agree. I meant no disrespect to modern PE teachers. I can only remember mine from school, many moons ago, and they were crap. Like character out of Bad Education bad! Like GON bad!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I meant no disrespect to modern PE teachers. I can only remember mine from school, many moons ago, and they were crap. Like character out of Bad Education bad! Like GON bad!
I know buddy, was being cheeky with ya.

Hahaha back in the day it was much easier to be a PE teacher, my mum was one and she couldn’t believe how much harder and more skilled the up and comers were getting later on in her career before she retired.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to when they inevitably shift the goalposts next summer too, much like they did the one just gone (if we're even still in the PL)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to when they inevitably shift the goalposts next summer too, much like they did the one just gone (if we're even still in the PL)
Shi is a master of sleight of hand magic when it comes to transfer budgets……

You never know where it is from second to second, but all you know is you saw it in his left hand to start with and he just found it behind your right ear……

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need someone who can shore us up defensively. Conceding 2-3 every game and we are down. Nothing from GON to suggest he has a clue how to set up defensively (we can all blame individual errors).

We have a Plan B late on - Sasa and Hwang in box, Doc arriving late and crosses in from Neto.

Need a solid Plan A with pace on break.

My feeling is we’ve regressed with GON not improved (Liverpool first half aside when Liverpool were shocking). I still believe we have a good enough squad to be 11-14th with more depth and options than JLo delivered mid-table performance with. At the least the other 5 teams in bottom 6 are poor and we need to win our mini-league.

For me - move over GON and (sadly) we need a manager who can sort us out defensively.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AVB
Potter
Hassenhutl
Colin

Thats about all

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That Lopetegui feller looks a decent shout with his points per game track record!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Lopetegui feller looks a decent shout with his points per game track record!
Never heard of him. From that list Ralph is the one I could see coming but I'm not sure what to make of him to be honest.
His appointment would surely get better fan approval than the current incombement did as he's more experienced, has a bigger brighter persona and let's not forget, has a funny name.
I would rather see if Robins was interested or go for a successful foreign coach again.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Listening to O'Neil last night blaming every but himself and then seeing those Official Club Pravda Production videos of training sessions of him out there with the whistle around his neck joining in, PE teacher wise I have him as Brian Glover's Mr Sugden in the film Kes where the kids have no respect for him and basically take the mick !

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is though...he left us? I don't know why part of the fanbase fails to understand that?
He left us.

We can go and get him back, sure with a box of chocolates and a promise of 50 million and If things do go well he sure as hell isn't going to stay here; he never really wanted to be here in the first place.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The intersection between who the club can afford and who’s experienced, competent and willing to take the job when it next becomes available is small and diminishing by the day.

Lucien Favre, AVB and Graham Potter are some good out-of-work coaches who could probably keep us up if backed in Jan but highly unlikely to be interested either financially or professionally after what happened to Lopetegui; a massive red flag for any half-decent coach.

Chris Wilder and Ralph Hassenhuttl might bite on another chance in the Prem and may have the experience and know-how to grind out enough points. Wouldn’t be pretty and wouldn’t go down well with some fans but needs must and all that. If Wilder replaces Heckingbottom at Sheff United, I can see them stabilising and picking up points in the shoot-out for 17th place.

It’s all a bit grim. Shi will likely give GON another 3-4 games and is probably planning contingencies already; just not sure they’re going to be at the upper-end of fans’ expectations and probably more along the lines of Steve Davis again or getting someone like Derry or Burchnall to ‘step-up’ or ‘poaching’ Rob Edwards…peeing into the storm basically

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is though...he left us? I don't know why part of the fanbase fails to understand that?
He left us.

We can go and get him back, sure with a box of chocolates and a promise of 50 million and If things do go well he sure as hell isn't going to stay here; he never really wanted to be here in the first place.
it was irony!

Back
Top Bottom