Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Matchday Pub Adviser

D

Deleted member 4594

Down side road near funeral directors if I recall??

Clarendon Hotel.
Get in at 12 to get a table. Good food reasonably priced beer. Banks on tap. Lovely pint of Sunbeam. Guest ales. Superb cobs.
Double up on pints around 1pm as it gets rammed. 10 mins max to get served.
Loads of tellies for the football as well.
Cheers. I must have been past it hundreds of times!

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Odd one, but a request for advice!!

It isn’t often that we get down in time for breakfast, but we will be for the City game.

My son has decided he wants Eggs Royale. There is a place in Penkridge that we pass on the way down that does then, but is there anywhere in the centre?

Odd request I know, and it is accompanied by a very long very boring story. Help is appreciated.

Madame Clarke's near to Grain Store and Old Still might be a possible place for this. Pretty sure Wetherspoons do a range of egg based breakfasts as well.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
13:58 from Telford, My pub route was Duke, Billy Wright, Goose, Lychgate, Yates and finally in Desperation YOLO aka the Old New Inns , it was manic, to many bods, not enough staff was the common denominator.

To make matters worse, I arranged to meet a mate in the Giffard after the game and got stung (ROBBED) £17 for 3 Carling's and a Bottle of Bud.

Thinking Codsall, then Taxi for future home games.

Or get the train from the Station pub

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went Stafford pre game as was with a load of Everton fans. Yates, Sun Inn, one I forget the name of and then the coach and horses. Might start stopping there more often after reading what Wolves centre was like.

I found the the Royal Albert was the quietest pub in town last season (from the ones we tried) so we went there most weeks, anyone go there on Saturday?
Was in the Albert from 3 til 5. Service was good up until around 430 when it got really busy.

Made my first trip to The Stile before the game. We were in there around half 11 and watched the Spurs game outside. Left after the game and headed into town. I'll be going back. Really liked it.

Went to the ground and got in before 5. Concourse in the Steve Bull was mobbed even at what I would call an early stage. Queued for a bottle of cider to be told when I got to the top of the queue that they had none left. They had cases of Carling stacked up. Best of luck to anyone who got one of those warm ones.

Western after the game was comfortable. Was soaked to the skin getting there though. Went to the Billy Wright at around 10. Best avoided on a Saturday night I think.

Reaction score
Love the MEB been going in there for years as my mates old man has always drunk in there. There are 4 snooker tables the other two are hidden down by the toilets. I'd normal head to the Clarendon in chapel ash or hogs if in town. But most the time now have a drive from kingstanding so park up & off to the match.

Reaction score
Never think about Jacks for prematch drinks. Normally an evening venue meeting up with old friends. Yew tree in chapel ash is a good pub too very much wolves. But beer choice not that great unless you like carling!!

K

Kirky

Off the 559 and popped into The Tatt for a quick one, then meandered up to Princess St for a healthy cheese and onion cob and a mickey mouse in The Wheatsheaf. Fortified and ready for the day up the stairs to the Gondolier surveying the throng of shoppers spewing out of C&A busying about there business in The Wulfrun Centre with a bottle of Lamot Pils in hand.

Once that was swiftly downed we skipped through The Mander Centre looking fine in our Pringles, Lois cords and Stan Smiths, deciding to check in with the rockers in The Giffard and put Haircut 100 on the jukebox just for the laugh. Then we go and bed in at Moriarty's for a few before heading over to Kipps en route for a final couple in Brannigans ahead of making our way under the subway to the match.

Pro's - was the early 80's and we were young and hadn't a care in the world, and it was easy enough to get served.

Con's - you only had a choice of the "house" bitter, mild and lager (maybe Guiness and/or Strongbow) and if the lager was Skol you were shafted, oh and we were about to go through the divisions like a dose of epsom salts.

You must've called in at The Still and The George sometime during the day ?

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PS Got to love a pint of Glow in the MEB. :):confused:
Used to be a member there, as my uncle was on the committee, a **** fan ran it, forget his name, nice chap though! Had my 40th birthday bash upstairs in 1997, a "mate set the fire alarm off and I lost my deposit and was greeted by Merridale street's finest on the way out and had to apologise, helped I was ****ed mind.

F

Flynn

I found myself in The Billy Wright before the game. Busy but not ridiculous. Could get served fast enough.

Pros - Ludicrously cheap (yet can somehow afford Sky Sports).
Cons - No real ale.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was when I drove past about 2ish unless that was people parking cars there.

Litten Tree was pretty decent but absolutely manic. Might have to stick to a bar outside the city centre and then walk up
No it was just people using the car park

boyceywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I can't understand why The Light Bar doesn't open before and after the match - they are trying to keep the place open and the courtyard used to hold 100's

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't understand why The Light Bar doesn't open before and after the match - they are trying to keep the place open and the courtyard used to hold 100's
Too close to railway station and away fans coming past ?

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it was the slug and lettuce before that, no idea of any other former names, there was a few litten trees in the franchise, one in Dudley, not seen any about for years

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All these larger venues/bars need to open this season. I don't understand how they can throw away so much money. There throwing away thousands of pounds!!

D

Deleted member 4257

All these larger venues/bars need to open this season. I don't understand how they can throw away so much money. There throwing away thousands of pounds!!

Yeah, Slade rooms should also open up. Pre match party.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Open gorgeous up and ya can all hug each other without prejudice.:rolleyes:

E

Edgmond Wolf

Found a good bar, great beer, good single malt
Ain't telling you where :p

W

WasStefan

What do people reckon to Dog and Doublet?
Always rammed whenever i've been in pre match. It's just re-opened after re-furb and extended to a club next door so maybe they are opening both on a match day?

Think even Popworld is opening pre-games now

Back
Top Bottom