Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves in China

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hello Mixers

Just thought I would say hello or Ni Hao

Wolves fan, born and bred in Bridgnorth but been living in Beijing for the last 3 and a half years. Still keep my season ticket in the Billy Wright, had one with my father since I was 6, no chance of giving it up!

Been a regular watcher of these forums for the past few years, one of the few websites not blocked in China!

Just to get it out of the way, I'm a big fan of Solbakken (just i dont think alot of the fans will be patient enough for his reign to be successful). Loved Mick, but agree that it was time for him to go. Dont really have any inside knowledge of Wolves, only link I have is to Nigel Pearson at Leicester. So if anything comes up about Wolves will let you know.

Wolves are surprisingly well know in China. Here the name is Lang Dui (pronounced "Lung Dway") which literally means Wolf Team. We had a video that got quite popular on the Chinese version of youtube, that actually encouraged young chinese footballers to study our use of the offside trap, think it was regarding a free kick against Liverpool 2 seasons ago.

Looking forward to some quality banter.:D

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hello Mixers

Wolves fan, born and bred in Bridgnorth but been living in Beijing for the last 3 and a half years. Still keep my season ticket in the Billy Wright, had one with my father since I was 6, no chance of giving it up!

Been a regular watcher of these forums for the past few years, one of the few websites not blocked in China!

Just to get it out of the way, I'm a big fan of Solbakken (just i dont think alot of the fans will be patient enough for his reign to be successful). Loved Mick, but agree that it was time for him to go. Dont really have any inside knowledge of Wolves, only link I have is to Nigel Pearson at Leicester. So if anything comes up about Wolves will let you know.

Wolves are surprisingly well know in China. Here the name is Lang Dui (pronounced "Lung Dway") which literally means Wolf Team. We had a video that got quite popular on the Chinese version of youtube, that actually encouraged young chinese footballers to study our use of the offside trap, think it was regarding a free kick against Liverpool 2 seasons ago.

Welcome indeed - keep your eyes out for some quality players please! Solbakken does have a job proving to the football neanderthals in the crowd that possession football is the way forward. I'm praying he succeeds but it does depend on creative flair in midfield and in attack so that possession is ued positively in the opponents' half. We need three or four more Solbakken players before the revolution can start to take hold. I predict a dodgy start with a few defeats and draws but encouraging signs by Christmas and hopefully a much better second half of the season and a storming finish.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome from the other side of one of your Southern borders. Stay off those Paracel and Spratly Islands !!! :D

W

WasStefan

Hello Mixers

You seem far to level headed for this forum!

Welcome

ManilaWolf

Reaction score
Greetings and Ni Hao Beijing Wolf. Kumusta.

Pity you won't be able to watch YouTube clips of all the players we are supposedly interested in.

Yep! as Vietnam advises, hands off the Spratly's please. :D

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will have you know that the Paracel and Spratly Islands belong to China, Chairman Mao told us so........................

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome, must introduce you to my Chinese wife (or not!). She's from Harbin, a bit further north than you.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A DongBei girl,famous for their fiery temper! Have you managed to convert her to a Wolves fan yet? I bought my missus's father a wolves shirt with 88 on the back, seems the whole family now joining the old gold.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A DongBei girl,famous for their fiery temper! Have you managed to convert her to a Wolves fan yet? I bought my missus's father a wolves shirt with 88 on the back, seems the whole family now joining the old gold.

Does 88 mean bye bye , in chinese?a chinese freind sent me an e mail , with 88 at the end.

J

Jungleee

Remember that free kick well (I think?). Was it the one at Klanfield when we won 1-0 and it was towards the end of the game and Loserville actually scored from it? (offside).

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bienvenue................one of my best friends is chinese:willy:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Greetings Beijing, welcome to MM.

I really like Beijing and have some good friends there, I'm in Shenzhen and Hong Kong fairly often, if you're ever down there let me know.

Do you follow the Chinese Super League, I try to follow Guangzhou Evergrande (mainly because they're the best ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got a season ticket for Beijing Guoan, not the best team, but recently signed Freddie Kanoute and used to have former wolves player Maurice Ross!! Anyone remember him?

8 in Chinese is pronounced "ba" so 88 is "ba ba". So Chinese sometimes use it as a faster way to type "bye bye".

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, anyone coming to Beijing let me know and we can get a beer

S

SimplyTheWolves

Hello Mixers

Welcome Beijing Wolf.

With a bit of luck Lang Dui will become Premiership Lang Dui in 12 Months or so.

PS What's Chinese for 'Wolves ay we'? :D

S

Shanghai Wolf

Hi Beijing, Greetings from Shanghai!
Seems the world is a small place as I grew up in Ackleton not a million miles from Bridgnorth. Love the story of buying your father in law an 88 Wolves Shirt. Brilliant.
Hope to get chance to watch a Wolves game together one day here in China.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a season ticket for Beijing Guoan, not the best team, but recently signed Freddie Kanoute and used to have former wolves player Maurice Ross!! Anyone remember him?

8 in Chinese is pronounced "ba" so 88 is "ba ba". So Chinese sometimes use it as a faster way to type "bye bye".

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, anyone coming to Beijing let me know and we can get a beer

Thanks Beijing.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
A Wolves fan in Shanghai

Welcome Beijing Wolf, good to have you on board.

Just to mention that recently on the Molineux Development pages on skyscrapercity.com there has been a guy called russeel77 based in Shanghai posting.

He has posted some good stuff, his thoughts and opinions on the new North Bank.

Anyway just to let you know there is another Wolves fan living in China..

Some wonderful pics of the new Stan Cullis stand in action have been posted since yesterday.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=618674&page=368

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kaohsiungwolf

Greetings and Ni Hao Beijing Wolf. Kumusta.

Pity you won't be able to watch YouTube clips of all the players we are supposedly interested in.

Yep! as Vietnam advises, hands off the Spratly's please. :D

hands / missles off all the islands please! Welcome from the cleaner, more civilised side of the strait Beijing :D

Back
Top Bottom