Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves game you most regret missing?

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've split this between A) Cup and Play-Off Finals and B) Any Other Game. My greatest regrets of games I missed are:

A) 1974 League Cup Final v. Man City. My best mate, also a Wolves fan, had many months previously set his wedding date for 2nd March 1974 without for a moment considering the possibility of a Wembley final.

B) Newcastle 1 Wolves 4 on New Year's Day 1990. I really wish now I'd forked out for the plane trip and been there to witness Bull's four goals.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 4-3 Leicester: It was the first home game I'd missed for quite a while. Still gutted.

Chorley: just so I can claim to be a super supporter.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Chorley!
I would have loved to have been at league cup final 1974

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves v Sheff Wed in the cup, Student at the time, wanted to save a bit of money, Waddle missed and the rest is history.......

W

WasStefan

Oh dear . Shocker

I was 10! Whilst my dad is a Wolves fan, at the time he didn't really follow them as much as he did/does now. So, I missed it out and watched it in a pub. :p

D

Deleted member 3518

I've split this between A) Cup and Play-Off Finals and B) Any Other Game. My greatest regrets of games I missed are:

A) 1974 League Cup Final v. Man City. My best mate, also a Wolves fan, had many months previously set his wedding date for 2nd March 1974 without for a moment considering the possibility of a Wembley final.

B) Newcastle 1 Wolves 4 on New Year's Day 1990. I really wish now I'd forked out for the plane trip and been there to witness Bull's four goals.

Newcastle game for me too, attended 90% of games home and away but 3 young kids just couldn't justify it over Christmas / new year.

Wolfion

Reaction score
Blues at home when Bully got the winner late on. I was playing in a rugby tournament and couldn't get away.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle game for me too, attended 90% of games home and away but 3 young kids just couldn't justify it over Christmas / new year.

Newcastle on New Years was a great day, I flew there on one of the 7 planes and we had some real fun, what I can remember anyway. My mate who is a Newcastle fan and lives in Newcastle picked me and my two mates up from Newcastle airport and took us to the pub he uses before the game just outside the ground, was drunk before we left Birmingham airport, very drunk after leaving their pub. The result was me running on the pitch when Bully got his third it's still on you tube to this day, brown leather jacket, those were the days

D

Deleted member 3518

Newcastle on New Years was a great day, I flew there on one of the 7 planes and we had some real fun, what I can remember anyway. My mate who is a Newcastle fan and lives in Newcastle picked me and my two mates up from Newcastle airport and took us to the pub he uses before the game just outside the ground, was drunk before we left Birmingham airport, very drunk after leaving their pub. The result was me running on the pitch when Bully got his third it's still on you tube to this day, brown leather jacket, those were the days

Why not rub it in:D?!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Sherpa Van Final in 1988 for me - I was 12 years old and had been to Molineux a couple of times with my Dad but never away. Would love to see Wolves play at Wembley although was blessed to be at the Millenium Stadium for the PO Final and I wouldn't trade that memory for anything!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PO final and the Leicester 4-3. Bloody holidays booked12 months previous!! I watched the new years Newcastle game on teletext! :D

R

RAP WOLF

Wolves 1 Man Utd 0 Kenny Miller had to go to a January wedding. Who exactly gets married in January. Still I had a good day

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play Off Final. Had two young kids and it was at a time when I hardly went to games, with family coming first. Gutted I missed it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Leeds away FA Cup quarter. Got up to go and queue for tickets (those were the days) at about 6am and it had snowed. Wife (not that I'm bitter) persuaded me it wasn't worth the hassle and freezing to get a ticket - very bad mistake. Especially as the semi-final was such a non-event!

D

Dewsburywolf

Town away this past season. We haven't beaten them in God knows how long & I've taken so much stick from work mates & then we go and beat them when I'm not there

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attended every home leg of all competitive European games in the seventies (and the brief 80s)

Looking back the biggest regret is I never managed any away ties.

The biggest being the Turin leg in the 72 final run and Juventus.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Svt for me as well. Still no idea why my dad didn't take me. Wolverhampton was like a ghost town that day

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds away in the FA Cup, 1998, listened to it on the radio and really wished I was there.

Sherpa Van Final 1988, My dad promised I'd have a ticket if we got to Wembley in 1989, all looked good until that horrific 2nd leg, I still won't hear a good word about anything to do with Torquay to this day, and revel in any misfortune that comes their way, not that I'm bitter!

Preston away 2002/03, I'd have loved to have seen that Ndah goal in person.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

Real Madrid 1957
I was 9 and dad wouldn't take me.Sneaked out of the house and stood outside on the Waterloo Road, but we played and beat Real Madrid and I didn't see it.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wish I had been at wolves away game against Carlisle United in 1984 when wolves got their first win in absolute ages

Or wish I had been at Bloomfield Road in 85-86 season when wolves got that rare away victory against Blackpool!

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eufa cup final second leg at spurs -my absence made all the difference

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
WBA 1 - 4 Wolves, Iwan Roberts Hat trick

Any cup game in the fa cup run against Sheff wed/Leicester/crystal palace

Recently........

West Ham 1-3 Wolves. Loved All of the goals from Doyle, Zubar and Jarvis.

Liverpool 0-1 Wolves. Ward

MK Dons 0-1 Wolves

G

German Wolf

UEFA Cup games in the year of the run to the Final as I was too young. Also that match v Dirty Leeds. Oh and the PO Final. Couldn't get a ticket being abroad.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PO final!

Me too, I was working that day and in our office was a Sheff Utd supporter. I found out the HT score and could not, repeat could not hide my grin when I passed his work station.:D

P.s. my nephew was there and he called me at HT.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

PO Final for me too....I was on holiday but managed to see it live on the TV sitting with a Sheffield United fan :)

H

Hathwolves

Sherpa Van Final 1988, My dad promised I'd have a ticket if we got to Wembley in 1989, all looked good until that horrific 2nd leg, I still won't hear a good word about anything to do with Torquay to this day, and revel in any misfortune that comes their way, not that I'm bitter!

I'll never forgive my dad for that line either!! Or Roger Hansbury. Or Dean Edwards. Or the 50 odd Torquay fans in the top corner of the John Ireland. Still one of the weirdest atmospheres at a match i've ever witnessed with the gates all open in the fences and all the walkways painted fresh.

The other one i'd make if i could would be beating the crem 1-0 in 2007. 5 times we played them that year if i recall, and the only time we beat them. It was 3 days after my daughter was born and had to find updates through the internet as we had the health visitor for most of the game.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wish I had been at wolves away game against Carlisle United in 1984 when wolves got their first win in absolute ages

Or wish I had been at Bloomfield Road in 85-86 season when wolves got that rare away victory against Blackpool!

I was at both of them, and as much as we were truly awful that season, those two away wins always stick in my mind too, 30 years on.

Back
Top Bottom