Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves game you most regret missing?

W

wolvesultra

The 4-2 away game at the $$$$

I was at the the away games against them for the previous couple of seasons (since they came back up) and have been at pretty much every one since. However that day one of my cousins had his christening so had to go to that (still don't really like him because of it now). Incidently I've never seen us win at the Hawthorns :mad:

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle 1 Wolves 4. I was in hospital having unexpectedly had my appendix out.

Wolves 4 Leicester 3. I was on a beach in Florida and we knew the half time score was 0.3. My mate was texted at fulltime saying "jammy b%%%% 4.3".
Took a few phone calls before we believed it wasn't a wind up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PO Final. Watched on TV while living in the US.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sherpa Van Final in 1988 for me - I was 12 years old and had been to Molineux a couple of times with my Dad but never away. Would love to see Wolves play at Wembley although was blessed to be at the Millenium Stadium for the PO Final and I wouldn't trade that memory for anything!

Snap but I was 13 and forced to go on holiday to France, listening to a real crackly radio to find out the result, I wasn't happy

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PO Final for me too....I was on holiday but managed to see it live on the TV sitting with a Sheffield United fan :)

My wife wanted to book a holiday for this week back in august and I said no your not doing it cause it's play off final week !! She said I'll just book it and I replied well if you do and we end up in the play off final I won't be coming !! She said " you would pick one day at football over a weeks holiday ? I said yeah I'm 33 and never seen wolves at wembley and if ever we do it it will more than likely be a once in a lifetime thing and i can go to Spain anyway !!
She sunsequently booked herself and my cousins wife on a 4 day trip to New York in November and we bagged a lads week away in the sun in early sept ;) result !! No doubt I'll miss 10k to mk :)

D

Deleted member 3545

Sherpa van final because i wasnt allowed her majestys govt said i couldnt go lol

B

Bradders

Have been at most of those mentioned above, and can't think of any Wolves games since I've been going that I've wished I'd gone to - probably as I've not missed too many :) But it would be the one mentioned above by Mr Wolf - seeing Bully score at Hampden would have been a great experience!

W

wcorkwolf

Newcastle away on New Years day. Was resigned to not going on the "airlift" as i was unemployed at the time, but listening to radio reports and watching scenes of Bullys exploits on T.V. brought it home to me just what I had missed out on ! ..... sad face.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 4-3 Leicester: It was the first home game I'd missed for quite a while. Still gutted.

Chorley: just so I can claim to be a super supporter.
+1 The Leicester match was the only home game I missed that season. I was on holiday getting text updates from my sister, who was at the game. Switched my phone off at half time as it was too depressing...

W

wolvesultra

+1 The Leicester match was the only home game I missed that season. I was on holiday getting text updates from my sister, who was at the game. Switched my phone off at half time as it was too depressing...

Any on here who left that game early?

Come on there were loads round me that did

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any on here who left that game early?

Come on there were loads round me that did

I went with the missus. At half-time, as she toddled off to the ladies, I said to her with a smile on my face 'It's Ok, love, we're gonna win this 4-3'.

Incidentally, I think I'm right in saying that that was the ONLY TIME, certainly since the war, where we have come back from a three-goal deficit to win the game.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incidentally, I think I'm right in saying that that was the ONLY TIME, certainly since the war, where we have come back from a three-goal deficit to win the game.

The only other occasion I know of was 24th November 1956 when we recovered from 3-0 down after an hour to beat Preston 4-3. Three of the goals came in the last 15 minutes. Harry Hooper scored a hat-trick and Bobby Mason scored the other. There may be others though in the dim and distant past.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PO final!

Ouch, probably our biggest game for people our age.

Mine would probably be when we thumped West Ham away in 09/10, my mate who never really went to games decided the night before he was going and kept pestering me to go but couldn't be ***** as it was a night match and a fortune.

Took me until B'burn away in the third season to see us win away! :mad:

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sherpa Van Final 1988. I played that day in a charity match in Bridgnorth against the Eastenders football team.

The match programme described me as the baby of the side (I was 16) and the 'budding Steve Bull of Bridgnorth' and said I was missing my trip to Wembley before asking if I'd lost my marbles!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ouch, probably our biggest game for people our age.

Mine would probably be when we thumped West Ham away in 09/10, my mate who never really went to games decided the night before he was going and kept pestering me to go but couldn't be ***** as it was a night match and a fortune.

Took me until B'burn away in the third season to see us win away! :mad:

Probably the best premier league away game :D

D

DangerousDave

Spurs away surely. Terrible yet brilliant at the same time.

I was at both, but Spurs lives longer in the memory for me (just).

Agree that both were quality, one of the best away days from the premiership years for me was Sunderland! Elokobi diving header...

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In recent times I regret not going to the game away at Derby when we won 3 - 2 with Keogh's late goal that won us promotion.

I was so nervous I just couldn't face going and didn't even switch the radio on till about 70 mins or so just as Jarvis made it 2 - 2.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only other occasion I know of was 24th November 1956 when we recovered from 3-0 down after an hour to beat Preston 4-3. Three of the goals came in the last 15 minutes. Harry Hooper scored a hat-trick and Bobby Mason scored the other. There may be others though in the dim and distant past.

I don't remember that one. I do remember Harry Hooper though, and also his wife, who was a primary school teacher at All Saints, just off Steelhouse Lane, which I went to. Even though I was only 7 or 8 at the time, I remember being impressed by her extremely large knockers.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Rotherham 6-4 game looked like a cracker to watch live. Also It's got to the PO final and the 2-1 win over united at home.

A little left field and i dont know if its allowed, but how about Wolves' first game of the premier league season 1995/96? :mad:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Rotherham 6-4 game looked like a cracker to watch live. Also It's got to the PO final and the 2-1 win over united at home.

A little left field and i dont know if its allowed, but how about Wolves' first game of the premier league season 1995/96? :mad:

We weren't in the PL in 1995-6.

R

reanswolf

League Cup Final 74 but was too young.

Regret missing some of the recent premiership games as decided not to go due to pricing, so missing beating Manuure 2-1 was gutting.

Also 6-4 Rotherham as on holiday.

Not too many others missed - attended all the goodies - Play Off Final, League Cup Final 80, Sherpa van Trophy 88, Albion away 2-1 and 1-1 (Hindmarch), Sheff Wed penalty shoot out, Newcastle away by plane 4-1, Newcastle Cup 3-2, QPR to win league, Albion 1-0 South bank Reclamation day. And Chorley home and away!!:vollkommenauf:

Many more.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No $$$$.

Thats the whole point. Like I said it's left field. It's a game I regret missing because in many ways we got robbed of getting there.

I thought that might be your point, but you get a lot of people on here who get their dates really screwed up.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed the play-off final. Lay at home suffering from Quinsy..which was probably the worse I ever felt in my life....tears in my eyes as we got promoted.

And before anyone says anything: Quinsy is a very nasty throat, tonsil , mouth illness....I wasn't being plagued by a middle aged American Coroner / medical examiner from the tv series.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From reading all of these posts I'm surprised at how many loyal fans were unlucky enough to miss out on the P/O final for one reason or another. I've counted twelve so far whereas I sort of assumed that pretty well everyone would have been there. It's made me realise just how fortunate I was to have made it.

hoop

Reaction score
From reading all of these posts I'm surprised at how many loyal fans were unlucky enough to miss out on the P/O final for one reason or another. I've counted twelve so far whereas I sort of assumed that pretty well everyone would have been there. It's made me realise just how fortunate I was to have made it.

There were 5 of us back then who had season tickets, and for years had booked holidays around the play-off final date.

But after years of maybe's and nearly's, 2 of us were away.

Glad I wasn't one.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were 5 of us back then who had season tickets, and for years had booked holidays around the play-off final date.

But after years of maybe's and nearly's, 2 of us were away.

Glad I wasn't one.

That must have been a huge relief. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it but I doubt if I would get anywhere near the same enjoyment from a holiday if I knew it was at the expense of missing such a massive game.

S

stansmith

Bully's last ever hat trick - was a night game in the league cup - couldn't be ***** going after school. Still regret it now

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play off final for me. Watched it at mates house and blubbed at the end. Would have loved to have been there

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Being in Australia there are loads that I have missed in person which I can't do much about. The play-off final and Blackpool at home this season (Sir Jack tribute) are a couple of obvious ones.
One I do regret missing out on years ago when I was in Wolverhampton was stuffing Liverpool 4-1 at home on a Tuesday night in 1980ish

Back
Top Bottom