Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Fans Arrested At Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
Do you think a black person should be offended if someone calls him or her the N word?
Yes they would be offended if anyone who
Wasnt black called a black person a N. Of course.

D

Deleted member 5962

Brighton announced on Monday that two men had been ejected from the away section at the Amex Stadium and arrested on suspicion of using homophobic gestures during Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Wolves

Forgive my innocence, but what is a homophobic gesture? Genuinely didnt know there was one.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was not like they were doing it quietly either ! But hey , quite frankly I dont give a ****. Sticks and stones. Anyone offended by words needs a damn quick reality check !
Really? If someone shouts some insult to your wife’s face, or your kids or a relative, loudly in public, .something like fatso, idiot, moron etc.......they shouldn’t be offended?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
User under the name of 'Golden Oldie' doesn't understand why there should be a zero tolerance approach to racism... the shock. How is singling out a person who is suggesting the black player in front of him is a monkey "overkill" ?

This thread. Sad thing is I'm not surprised. Close it down.

Brilliant.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of you lot were one of the blokes I was speaking to in Braga airport, who at one point used the "I'm not racist but..." then went on to talk about people looking like "letterboxes". The conversation was quite nice until then too.
Welcome to the world of Sketchead, where it’s perfectly ok for police to cave women and child’s heads in with batons for having the temerity to go and watch their side play in Portugal, indeed, they probably deserved it. However call someone a nonce and you should be banned for life.

The liberal left right there for you.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's one for you:

A black colleague of mine once called me a word you're not allowed to say if you're not black. Should I have been offended? Should I have been honoured? Should he have offended himself? Should anyone reading this be offended by that if they are black or white?

True story.

It's an absolute minefield out there.

Just don't talk to anyone, ever. Especially if they do not have the same racial profile as yourself. That'll solve the problem :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
Really? If someone shouts some insult to your wife’s face, or your kids or a relative, loudly in public, .something like fatso, idiot, moron etc.......they shouldn’t be offended?
Im saying “I” wouldnt be offended. I have been called a Swiss fagot, a kraut, a ***** (granddaddy is Romanian) and never taken offence. If someone shouts in my wifes face something about my wife then yes a swift jab on the jaw will usually do the trick but a) if they were not referring to my wife id ignore it and b) I dont have a wife.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes they would be offended if anyone who
Wasnt black called a black person a N. Of course.

But but but....its only a word. I thought you were on the Sticks and Stones side of the debate

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

12 more posts and this thread will have more posts than the verdict thread from yesterday’s game.

I wonder if the fact that this weekends games were part of the rainbow laces campaign meant that the police/stewards were less tolerant than normal or actually looking to make a point. If so then our club were unlucky to be playing Brighton. The 2 guys involved were clearly idiots though

Last edited by a moderator:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im saying “I” wouldnt be offended. I have been called a Swiss fagot, a kraut, a ***** (granddaddy is Romanian) and never taken offence. If someone shouts in my wifes face something about my wife then yes a swift jab on the jaw will usually do the trick but a) if they were not referring to my wife id ignore it and b) I dont have a wife.
You did say “ anyone who is offended by words needs a reality check” Yet, you’d be so offended that you would assault someone.
I’m not trying to annoy you. My intent is to say that words can sting and it’s unrealistic for most people not to be offended.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we ALL know .... that particular word has more weight and meaning than most so yes its offensive obviously. But calling me a p00f or a pervert or fagot gyppo etc etc does not bother me at all even if they are directed at me.

So are you a gay, perverted gypsy ?

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
But but but....its only a word. I thought you were on the Sticks and Stones side of the debate
Ps , Sticks and Stones on Netflix by Dave Chappellle. Best stand up ever. Everyone gets it. Black , white , mexican , gay , straight , asian , arab , lgbt alphabet crew and trans. He absolutely rinses EVERYONE and the only group that took offence were a bunch of whiney little soyboys crying themselves into a make believe safe space. Even some trans people said it was hilarious. Loads of reviews on it from allsorts of people from the entire spectrum but as previously stated the only people to **** their pants over it were virtue signalling...

Last edited by a moderator:

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
You did say “ anyone who is offended by words needs a reality check” Yet, you’d be so offended that you would assault someone.
I’m not trying to annoy you. My intent is to say that words can sting and it’s unrealistic for most people not to be offended.
Anyone meaning anyone who the insult was NOT referring to.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change is gradual and comes slower for some than others. It’s not so many seasons back I can remember the ‘we can see you holding hands” chant booming out loud and clear from the South Bank with barely an eyebrow raised.

I hesitate to say this; but I am guessing the two individuals will come from the hardcore, working class fans that have been on the lash pre-game. These are the same group of people fans say are the heart and soul of the club at risk to being lost to families, middle class and corporate support. I am not saying it’s acceptable but it’s a stretch to expect that attitudes will magically change overnight, the fact we are talking two people from several thousand tells you change is happening.

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
So are you a gay, perverted gypsy ?
No sir I am not LOL .
Im am an ultra hetero , meat eating , eu leaving , 6 pack having gym
Boy, white european born in England from an inbred mix of English swiss and Romanian seeds and eggs. Does this help you in your quest to stereotype me? Hope so as its fun and NOT insulting.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No sir I am not LOL .
Im am an ultra hetero , meat eating , eu leaving , 6 pack having gym
Boy, white european born in England from an inbred mix of English swiss and Romanian seeds and eggs. Does this help you in your quest to stereotype me? Hope so as its fun and NOT insulting.
Sounds like the description of racist to me :D;)

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing I heard was a rendition of "We can see you holding hands",by the sounds of it it was by about 2/3 blokes,this would of been down in the area close to what looked like their family stand.It never happened again so either they were the ones arrested or someone had a word with them.

lycophilos

Reaction score
Question: Why is it socially acceptable to do a midlands accent, a Scottish accent or an Australian or South African accent, but not an Indian accent?

I think this is akin to why "Paki" is an offensive term, but "Brit" is not. I've quite often come across the argument that this is "inconsistent".

The answer is quite simple. The reason why "Paki", "N*gg*r" etc. are offensive is because they are, in my experience, generally used in a manner which is offensive, and meant to insult.

On the other hand, I have never heard "Brit" being used in an offensive manner - in fact, usually in a rather affectionate way.

Basically, all these words are just sequences of sounds. What makes them offensive or otherwise, is the intent with which they are used.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is akin to why "Paki" is an offensive term, but "Brit" is not. I've quite often come across the argument that this is "inconsistent".

The answer is quite simple. The reason why "Paki", "N*gg*r" etc. are offensive is because they are, in my experience, generally used in a manner which is offensive, and meant to insult.

On the other hand, I have never heard "Brit" being used in an offensive manner - in fact, usually in a rather affectionate way.

Basically, all these words are just sequences of sounds. What makes them offensive or otherwise, is the intent with which they are used.
Not really, you're talking about derogatory labels which has nothing to do with the question about mimicking accents?

D

Deleted member 5962

In that case I think we should all refrain from commenting until we know the facts.

I quoted what was apparently what Brighton have released. Apparently they made homophobic gestures, but like I said, I dont have a clue what a homophobic gesture would entail.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call the police. Get them arrested then. You have as much chance of that happening as flying to the moon and back and bringing Elvis Presley back with you!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not difficult. Don’t say or gesture to offend, whether at a mall, a game or in the workplace.
We go to weddings, funerals and other family or social events but although we may disagree with someone, like all families, but we make nice and then on the drive home we can disparage them to our spouses.:rolleyes: :)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no loss if these two are banned.

And as for lines being drawn, if you don't think homophobia in any form belongs over that line then there's no point even trying to persuade you.

On rainbow laces day, when there’s a national campaign to try and show LGBT people are welcome in football.
In the gay capital of Britain, where people have flocked for decades because they think they will be less marginalised there.

C’mon, it’s not the brightest.

But more generally: ‘we can see you holding hands’. Seems inoffensive to some. But why is it mentioned? Why should that be a song? A heterosexual couple holding hands doesn’t provoke a derisory chant does it? (Over the age of 12 I suppose).
It’s for this kind of small-minded bs that they bothered with a rainbow laces day. That atmosphere that makes a percentage of the population feel uncomfortable or unwelcome at football. That shouldn’t be.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth are Mr Brain's allowed to get away with the branding they have on their pork-based meatballs in this day and age? Surely someone in the gay vegan camp must have written a strongly worded letter by now? Or at least someone on their behalf should have done.

In fact, I'll get on it right now.

D

Deleted member 3545

The year is 2030

Wolves vs West Brom

A fan is arrsested and banned for life for chanting "we don't like you very much"
Exactly what next players feelings hurt because he was called a fat ******* or so so **** its unbelievable, gypo, John Terry ****ged your wife, german bomber songs, the list is endless etc etc. IMHO fans arent racist homophobic at football matches what they are doing is winging up the opposition trying to put them off the game thats all

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing that continually surprises me the most about this kind of thing is the amount of people that aren't in the target demographic that get terribly upset and offended on behalf of the victims.
Apparently these victims don't have a voice.
Just so long as you look like you're concerned.

Surely the 90+% should be attempting to do their bit so that the 10% or less don’t have a concern to voice?

Extreme example incoming, but how you fancy being a gay rights advocate in any of the multitude of countries where it’s still illegal, some punishable by death?
Reckon you’d keep your mouth shut and either leave, or hope the majority eventually start to change?

D

Deleted member 3518

Hopefully those posters that are so vociferous in their condemnation are as equally vociferous in their condemnation of any UK politician that has shared a platform with any religious zealot who has expressed homophobic views and indeed violence.

B

Ben

Exactly what next players feelings hurt because he was called a fat ******* or so so **** its unbelievable, gypo, John Terry ****ged your wife, german bomber songs, the list is endless etc etc. IMHO fans arent racist homophobic at football matches what they are doing is winging up the opposition trying to put them off the game thats all
That may be your opinion, but someone who chants racist/homophobic things is a racist/homophobe, that's just the definition.
"Winding up the opposition" isn't even close to an excuse. Do you think it'd be ok if all the fans chanted "ni**er" when a black player came to take a corner? It honestly baffles me that there are still people with such backwards views.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the 90+% should be attempting to do their bit so that the 10% or less don’t have a concern to voice?

Extreme example incoming, but how you fancy being a gay rights advocate in any of the multitude of countries where it’s still illegal, some punishable by death?
Reckon you’d keep your mouth shut and either leave, or hope the majority eventually start to change?
Ok but what’s that got to do with England where it’s ok to proclaim your opposition to slurs?
Yes I would be extremely careful what I’d say about the treatment of women if I was in Saudi Arabia.....but I’m not.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully those posters that are so vociferous in their condemnation are as equally vociferous in their condemnation of any UK politician that has shared a platform with any religious zealot who has expressed homophobic views and indeed violence.

Oooooh, that's a good one.
Double jazz hands for you.

B

Ben

As has been said over and over... comparing the N bomb to “ we can see you holding hands” is as “backwards” as it gets soyboy.
I'm not comparing that at all. I'm responding to a comment which argued that football fans can say what they want without being homophobic/racist because they're just "winding up the opposition", which is a ridiculous argument. Almost as ridiculous as resorting to personal insults as soon as someone has a different view to your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom