Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves 98% Certain To Be Promoted

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
C79C3EF3-9868-4D49-ADEA-0D967D4DB498.jpeg https://experimental361.com/2018/03/11/e-ratings-update-championship-11-mar-2018/

Even after yesterday. Relax :sunglasses:

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these stats are meaningless, it all depends on what happens in the day.
Do we turn up , don't we turn up, do we get a man sent off, do the opposition park a bus? Do they get a long range effort again, do they get a pen and sit back.
It's all ****** it's football and wolves so it can never be easy.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we turn up , don't we turn up, do we get a man sent off, do the opposition park a bus? Do they get a long range effort again, do they get a pen and sit back.
That's the whole point of statistics mate, it takes all the emotional stuff out of it, and just calculates the probabilities of the future based on past history.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The words Wolves and easy do not go together...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely different but I remember some news organisation saying Hillary Clinton was something like 98% certain to win the Presidential election. That went tits up. I'll relax when it's all done and dusted.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devon loch would have been 100 % guaranteed to win the National coming to the line

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its similar to all this predictor rubbish - bet no-one predicted we would get humped 4-1 yesterday . Its all about on the day and who wants it more .
Having said that I predicted Mr Batth would let us down V Villa and got it spot on .

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
No offence to Urko, but what a steaming pile of ****e that is. Statistics mean nothing, until after the event. We could win every game until the end of the season 10-nil, we could lose every game 10-nil. Dependent on so many factors. Up to Nuno and the lads to prove their worth now, after a pretty poor period. We can still do this.

D

Deleted member 5910

I'm surprised Cardiff have 40% less chance of being promoted than us, seeing as they're only 3 points behind.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us and Cardiff have the harder games. Villa and Fulham have it easy and Cardiff have to play villa. Believe me there is more chance of us slipping up than 2%

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
plucking out odds, charts, graphs, stats all to reassure and convince themselves its going to be ok, desperate stuff

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I remember when the same methodology told me Trump only had a 23% chance of being President in the days leading up to the election, or that Brexit wasn't going to occur.

W

we8wba

Means jack **** I’m afraid

Once upon a time a side didn’t go down if they got 40 premier points

Guess what it happened

L

luckyjim

Sometimes people can mistake trends for random statistical noise - has one set of results merely been overrepresented in a set of statistics - the equivalent of more sixes occurring more then they should in a given number of rolls of a die or is there a more genuine reason that's influencing results that bookmakers have failed to spot? Those of us who attend games home and away and have an instinctive grasp of the dynamics of football effectively have more information than the bookies (in the same way a racing stable gamble upon a given horse they have primed for a particular race) and should have more success than random fans.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this stage of the season, momentum is key which means that last 6 games stats are more relevant than the previous 30 or so.

Unfortunately we’ve been running out of steam since December.

D

Deleted member 6526

We win these two home games this week (which we should) and everyone will feel a whole lot bette

I hate local derby's. The way Fulham and Cardiff are playing I am really looking forward to next year.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironically, the season defining games will turn out to be the Leeds, Reading, Burton and Birmingham ones, rather than Villa, Fulham and Cardiff.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironically, the season defining games will turn out to be the Leeds, Reading, Burton and Birmingham ones, rather than Villa, Fulham and Cardiff.
We can lose away to boro and Cardiff, as long as we win the games that on paper we should, we'll be fine. Of course this is easier said than done. Keep the faith. UTW.

rubyloo

Reaction score
2 from 4 teams for auto - us, cardiff,villa and fulham.
.Our Points advantage is offset by poor form. So i make that 50%.

Normally you would say 25% via play offs, however having been top for so long i think we can safely assume that becomes 0%.

I still think we will do it , but its going to be an uncomfortable few weeks.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the whole point of statistics mate, it takes all the emotional stuff out of it, and just calculates the probabilities of the future based on past history.
Enough of the rationalism! You need to start believing that the worst will happen!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing you can say about stats,is that statistically speaking you will always get anomalies :)

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can we, there’s a 2 per cent chance that we won’t be.

Pump I love your optimisim but I have been so depressed after the Villa result that I have been unable to relax at all.
My pants are dry but my nerves are shot!! :eek:

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never understood graphs.
And this one especially

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll give everyone a stat... no, a FACT! We win these two home games this week (which we should) and everyone will feel a whole lot better

If we win these two games then I’m confident the gap will be extended. Expect Cardiff and Villa to drop at least two points in the next 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom