Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why Mick should stay

D

Dorset DeWolf

I am $$$$ing furious, disgusted and sickened that we have not brought in (yes there is an hour left) any more signings in this window.

But with the window closed what is the point of getting rid of Mick

a) Any new manager would not be able to bring in any new faces
b) The current crop of players do work hard for Mick there is no denying that, there is no guarantee that this would be the same under someone else
c) The disruption caused by somone like Mick who has been at the club now for a number of years would imo be unsettling
d) He has got the best out of these players before so he clearly knows how to
e) I cant really think of anyone who is unemployed at the minute who could do a better job
f) If we do go down I blame Moxey and Morgan more than Mick, I'm sure he would have loved money to spend, what manager wouldnt!!!

Nobody spout off or get aggressive this is just my opinion and i am not in the mood for someone calling me a $$$$ or something like that just because they do not agree with something I say

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am $$$$ing furious, disgusted and sickened that we have not brought in (yes there is an hour left) any more signings in this window.

b) The current crop of players do work hard for Mick there is no denying that, there is no guarantee that this would be the same under someone else
c) The disruption caused by somone like Mick who has been at the club now for a number of years would imo be unsettling
e) I cant really think of anyone who is unemployed at the minute who could do a better job
f) If we do go down I blame Moxey and Morgan more than Mick, I'm sure he would have loved money to spend, what manager wouldnt!!!

Nobody spout off or get aggressive this is just my opinion and i am not in the mood for someone calling me a $$$$ or something like that just because they do not agree with something I say

Same old $$$$ing $$$$ I'm afraid mate.

M

Monkey Man

I'm afraid that tonight we saw a Mick team who finally gave up. I agree it's probably pointless sacking now as it will make the club look even more stupid.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Sensible post - who is available at the moment? Curbishley perhaps? Sacking Mick would alienate the players who all seem to be behind him and would virtually guarantee relegation.

E

EdwardLoxdale

Good post, I agree with you.

B

BoltonWolf

why just look at unemployed managers...mick has two games to save his job...on the dark side if we are going down a new manager would have time to get his playing style and mentality this season ready for a (hopefully) promotion push next year...

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relegation IS guaranteed UEA!!

B

Bostin

Anyone who brings on Stephen Hunt when we're chasing a game needs to be checked into a nut house

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Mick's done a fantastic job for our club and I certainly don't buy into the 'Mad Mick'/Mick is an idiot mentality that prevails at the moment.

Yet, things have gone very very stale and, in a results business, we're doing very poorly at the moment.

I think tonight has been a tipping point for me in that I think a new manager might be able to galvanise the players in a way that they clearly haven't been since August.

Your points all ring true, I just think a change would be healthy all round. There's a lot of anger surrounding Wolves at the moment and I really don't like it.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no point in sacking him at the end of a transfer window for the reasons above & if we do go down he should be given the chance to get us back up again

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Relegation is looking increasingly likely - but there is no manager who is out there (and who would be willing to come to a club in our position) capable of changing things around without the use of a transfer window and in a dressing room which is still pro Mick.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to plan for the future as well as for the rest of the season and we need a complete break now. Yes, it would be unsettling, but it might also freshen up the players' approach on and off the pitch at a time when their confidence in themselves individually, as a group, and possibly in Mick as well, is at an all-time low. Its sad that there is no time left to sign anyone (well, there is 50 minutes, actually), but that is to do with the club's wages policy.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick has failed, BUT Wolves have failed him and us.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

Mate you usualy talk sense but I disagree with your list, the only reason Mick should still be in a job is that it's too late to change and that's Morgan's fault.

Mick should have gone in November before Martin O'Neil went to Sunderland.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks. Just go now McCarthy and take clipboard with you!

S

Skonsengwolf

See d) above: if he knows how to get the best out of these players, why the $$$$ doesn't he start doing it then?? What is he waiting for?

S

Stafford Elvis

Good post but shouldn't we give a new man time to develop a team that can compete in the Championship?

Yes i know people will say he's the best to get us back up but what's the point for more of this!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no point in sacking him at the end of a transfer window for the reasons above & if we do go down he should be given the chance to get us back up again

Just get rid of him now to save us more humiliation!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd accept relegation lose Mick and take our time getting the right man

That was not good enough

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Mick's done a fantastic job for our club and I certainly don't buy into the 'Mad Mick'/Mick is an idiot mentality that prevails at the moment.

Yet, things have gone very very stale and, in a results business, we're doing very poorly at the moment.

I think tonight has been a tipping point for me in that I think a new manager might be able to galvanise the players in a way that they clearly haven't been since August.

Your points all ring true, I just think a change would be healthy all round. There's a lot of anger surrounding Wolves at the moment and I really don't like it.

:eek: :eek: :eek: I am dreaming. NWW and Hogan want Mick out?? Join the $$$$ing club!!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing nothing is always the easy option. Closing your eyes doesn't make the problem go away.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is this a $$$$in wind up

He is failing on every level of his job

......He signs the players, he appoints his staff who train and coach them, he picks the team, he decides the tactics, he is supposed to motivate them to perform to the best of their ability, he makes the substistutions, he gets paid a bloody fortune, .....

For what.....abject failure........now tell me he should not go

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wtf are you guys for real ?

if he stays we will be in the same mess in a years time.

Sack him now and give the new manager time to access and rebuild the squad ready for our return to the championship.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
All nonsense the very idea professional players would refuse to play for a new manager. If we stay as is I see us dropping two divisions and don't say it can't happen. There was nothing on show tonight and I mean nothing.

There needs to be change now, I firmly believe many of the players are good enough.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He isn't good enough as a PREMIERSHIP manager. End of story.

D

Deleted member 4023

We need a complete change - some of our players have had any skill they possess 'trained' out of them. They looked drained,tired,short on confidence & lacking in ideas.
With the right manager to organise them & help build their confidence again, we could still turn this crap season around.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: I am dreaming. NWW and Hogan want Mick out?? Join the $$$$ing club!!

:D

In my quiet and considered way, I think a change is best.

I still preach stability but sometimes a huge dosage of impetus is not to kickstart an obviously stalling...erm...thing.

I'd get Curbishley in for what it's worth.

He's been a huge success - overall - at Wolves but not this season.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only hope we would have is if we brought in a manager who would have an instant impact. Keegan until the end of the season for me, with a brief to keep us up. Then review things at the end of the season.

mister-t

Reaction score

but if he gets us back up,will they sack him then?he really is not a premiership manager,he should do the decent thing now and walk.we aint going to win many matches from now untill the end of the season,
as for who should replace him,to tell the truth aint got a clue,but who ever it will be can not be any worse than what we have now

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick is morphing into a real life Mike Bassett.......

M

MonkeySpanner

We have an owner that is convinced that a Championship side can compete in the Preniership. He also believes that his stance on not paying the going rates on both salaries and wages is not going to effect the quality players so needed at Wolves from coming here.

Jez, I don't know, you work within the framework set by Morgan and try to do the best you can.

Mick, you have done wonders early on with Wolves and you also have had to work within the framework set from above but I'm sorry, in my opinion you are not the manager to take Wolves anywhere but down now. A good shift is fine by one or two players but you only have to look at Frimpong to see what quality in your midfield could achieve and you have gone out of your way to show your dislike for any player coming in with an iota of flair in the past. We're stuck with you as no one else is going to want to come here now, but who do we go for when relegated? Oh yes, Morgan has said Mick. Ho hum.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

You actually raise a number of valid points K4E. As many posters have said, our policy with signings should have been to bring in players who would immediately improve the first team and are not merely squad fillers. The same principle should apply to the manager.

I have always been in the 'Mick In' camp but concede that if a better manager is available and willing to come to us then we should at least be considering that option. The problem is I can't think of anybody who fits that criteria (possibly Curbishley) and as such, I wouldn't want us to throw away five years of development and stability for the wrong man. Mick has kept us up before and as hard as it is to believe after tonight's performance, he probably is our best chance of staying up again...

...have to admit though, keeping the faith is getting harder and harder!

M

MK Panther

I was going to write a long wordy post but in the end settled for "Mick, just go!"

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves go down MM must go. I've heard the arguments that he's the best man to take us back but what happens if he does.....er yet again another relegation battle.

If Wolves go down we need a new era with a new manager. There are managers out there who would come to Wolves who have taken teams into the PL. It's not only MM that can do it!

M

MK Panther

OMG! no Managers that are better than Mick, are you having a laugh. Has anyone not noticed we do not win any matches, this is a $$$$ poor excuse used lamely by people who do not care about our abject humiliation on the pitch every matchday. Do not mention stability, or "in Mick we trust," to me.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with OP.

Some posters are under the delusion that there are good managers out there that want to come to 19th place Wolves. There aren't. He is the best we can get for now.

Back
Top Bottom