Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who will have a Breakthrough Season under Bruno?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think RAN and Fabio will have great seasons, but in some respect they are already on the radar so....? Have they broken through already. Likewise MGW, Kilman and Double O
Would love it to be Otasowie as he as the tools to be a beast, but I have a bad feeling he might not make it.
I think it is going to be hard to break into a Premier league midfield, but maybe Taylor Perry....seems highly thought of by those who know the under 23 team far better than me...

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think RAN and Fabio will have great seasons, but in some respect they are already on the radar so....? Have they broken through already. Likewise MGW, Kilman and Double O
Would love it to be Otasowie as he as the tools to be a beast, but I have a bad feeling he might not make it.
I think it is going to be hard to break into a Premier league midfield, but maybe Taylor Perry....seems highly thought of by those who know the under 23 team far better than me...
I have the sneaky feeling for Perry, too. It could be just that he's getting a chance until the experienced players are available or we sign someone. But then, most people thought that about Coady at centre back in Nuno's first pre-season, too. If Perry is still getting game time over the next couple of friendlies, I think we're in for a nice wee surprise this year.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard question because so many of the squad are so young anyway

Guess it depends on who they are competing with for a starting place so people like Ait-Nouri and Silva currently look likely to be regular starters so hopefully them. As do Trincao and Neto but obviously Neto had his breakout season last season and Trincao is already being viewed as accomplished.

Dependant on our defensive signings Kilman and Mosquera look likely to be back ups however if we don't sign any then they will certainly have the opportunities to stake a claim.

Not sure how much game time Hoever, Otasowie & Gibbs-White will receive but hopefully they get enough to push themselves into contention for starting places if they do get some

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we saw nearly enough from Hoever last season, what kind of player he actually is. Is he a RB,a CB or a WB? Whenever he played I don't feel as if I knew what his role actually was,hopefully he can play more of a part this season.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
silva is turning into the main man

but i fancy MGW to take his chance, got everything crossed for him

Reactions: Ian

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like it to be MGW - we desperately need a decent attacking centre midfielder with the tools to unlock.

Think it will be Yerson though.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don't think we saw nearly enough from Hoever last season, what kind of player he actually is. Is he a RB,a CB or a WB? Whenever he played I don't feel as if I knew what his role actually was,hopefully he can play more of a part this season.
I appreciate i sound harsh on a young lad and clearly he had plenty of time to develop. I remember him whipping a great ball in against United but other than that thought his crossing was dreadful. Would worry me long term at RB but again something he can clearly work on.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll be Lionel Messi once we sign him next week - although if we bring Willian Jose back on loan again, and recall Rafa Mir, competition for places could be tough.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman. Reckon Lage will like him and will see a bit of Ferro in him in terms of his playing style.

Kilman has the raw attributes. He just needs to completely believe in himself, be a bit more assertive in duels and a wee bit more confident in possession.

Kilman's situation reminds me a bit of Coady's when Nuno arrived complete with the interest from Sheffield United.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm going for Phil Ofosu-Ayeh. After being out injured 100% of his Wolves career it's his time to shine.

Last edited:

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Fabio will surprise a lot in football next season. That price last year was deemed unrealistic as he was such a babbie..... but with the bulking up, more than 1000 minutes experience in the Prem already, and with Jiminez next to him, looking promising.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at the most influential players for Bruno in his successful time at Benfica, it was the fullbacks.

Grimaldo and Almeida got 23 assists between them in the season they won the league. They were a crucial part of everything Benfica did.

On that basis, I think both Semedo and Ait Nouri will have excellent seasons.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw MGW give an interview recently. No longer a kid, seems to mean business. Is he good enough to command a place - would love it if he was.
Slam dunk to come good if we sell him...

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw MGW give an interview recently. No longer a kid, seems to mean business. Is he good enough to command a place - would love it if he was.
Slam dunk to come good if we sell him...
MGW did far more in midfield when he came on 2nd half this evening against Las Palmas...
Than Neves & Mouts together did in all the 1st half.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty obvious now after that last game and half performance. Yerson if gonna be star.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll take that. Much better than spending 50% injured like Boly and Marcal.
I wish that it was as little as 50% with Marcal! The sad thing is that when he isn't broken he's a damned good player.

Boly, ever since the leg injury and CV, has seemed lethargic and fragile. I hope that he comes through it but am starting to fear that may not.

Back
Top Bottom