Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who will have a Breakthrough Season under Bruno?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given Bruno Lage’s reputation it seems reasonable to think that at least one of Wolves’ young players will have a breakthrough season in 21/22.

Who do you think it will be?

The player I desperately want it to be is Owen Otasowie. I think there’s a serious, serious midfield player in there – one that could save us £30m. But I worry that OO will never realise his full potential.

So who’s your money on? One name only: KJH, RAN, Fabio, Max Kilman, Yerson?

Or will someone in the U23s/development squad become an essential part of the first team? Taylor Perry? Jack Scott? Theo Corbeanu? Christian Marques? Chem Campbell?

Could be a fascinating season…

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alt-Nouri - will be interesting to see what he can do when not stifled.
I would have also put fabio had we another go as think he'll improve massively.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will see RAN & Semedo have good seasons, also potential for Podence to shine if he stays and stays fit. Hopeful over Yerson, too.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be the Season of the Fabio.

Fosun have invested a lot of money, Jeff has invested his faith, and I think it would be naive not to acknowledge that getting the best out of him isn't part of Lage's remit as new coach. I think he'll feature in most games when fit, and I think the team will be structured around whatever his best position is, be it second striker alongside Raul or tucked in behind in a freer role, dovetailing with Trincao, Neto and MGW. I think he'll assist or score 15-20 goals this season.

Ait-Nouri will also star, and double his value at least by next summer.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Silva will get at least 12 goals in all competitions.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri. Looked a shambles early on defensively, started to look better towards the end. Always looked good going forward. Big year for him with Jonny out for ages - very light there if he gets a knock, but I suppose we have Marcal when he's not injured himself and Semedo could fill in at LB as he did often for Barca.

Would have absolutely been MGW's season to shine if we let him stay at Swansea last season. Massive shame for him tbh. He'll get a chance but it's another year pretty much wasted playing here and there. Needs a season playing every week.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hopeful Fabio Silva is in for a big season think a more attacking system and playing along side Jimenez will bring out the best of him!

Massive fan of Ait-Nouri think he is class so confident he will do well next season..

Big one for me is Gibbs-White massive season for him hopefully this is the season he really kicks on and shows his quality which we all know he has, on a much more consistent level!

Nivada

Reaction score
Obviously it was Felix that was the big news from his time at Benfica so it'd lead you to believe Fabio is the most likely beneficiary.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha??? Or is that wishful thinking and that ship has long sailed?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri. Looked a shambles early on defensively, started to look better towards the end. Always looked good going forward. Big year for him with Jonny out for ages - very light there if he gets a knock, but I suppose we have Marcal when he's not injured himself and Semedo could fill in at LB as he did often for Barca.

Would have absolutely been MGW's season to shine if we let him stay at Swansea last season. Massive shame for him tbh. He'll get a chance but it's another year pretty much wasted playing here and there. Needs a season playing every week.

Definitely rate Ait Nouri as a player. Though one worry I have, he hardly ever finishes match without being injured for 5 minutes or more at some point. Some players rarely get a serious knock in a match (eg Coady, Saiss) others rarely manage 20 minutes *without* needing treatment and RaN seems in that latter group.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given Bruno Lage’s reputation it seems reasonable to think that at least one of Wolves’ young players will have a breakthrough season in 21/22.

Who do you think it will be?

The player I desperately want it to be is Owen Otasowie. I think there’s a serious, serious midfield player in there – one that could save us £30m. But I worry that OO will never realise his full potential.

So who’s your money on? One name only: KJH, RAN, Fabio, Max Kilman, Yerson?

Or will someone in the U23s/development squad become an essential part of the first team? Taylor Perry? Jack Scott? Theo Corbeanu? Christian Marques? Chem Campbell?

Could be a fascinating season…

Hopefully the person to have a breakthrough season will be Bruno Lage.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fabio plays the Felix role, how does he compare in style? Obviously younger but wondering whether he's ready to play 40 games a season and perform? Will be great him next/behind Jiminez, but think he'll rotate a fair bit.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perry I hope I imagine all of our youngsters will have their fair share of growth though

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a number will 'break through' as that's what this management and coaching team have been brought in to do, Otasowie, Perry, Campbell, Mosquera, Hoever, Corbeanu & Marques will all be first team squad players next season I fancy, and get minutes from the bench, cup games and cover when others are out... which in itself will constitute breaking through (with the exception of Otasowie & Hoever who are arguably already there)

MGW and RAN will be regular starters this season... breaking through even further, but the stand out will be Fabio who will be a first pick player this season up top with Raul... even if we buy another striker this summer they will be back up to Fabio, initially at the very least, but I fancy Fabio to be matching what strikers much his senior are doing... double figures in the league he should be aiming for.. which for a 19 year would be a major success

Back
Top Bottom