Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who will be Captain if Neves leaves

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No stand out candidates im afraid
Haha..and true this time in contrast to Jeff Shis lies.
Ruben Neves is a good player..but he ain´t captain material anyways.
Kilman?
The guy that looks the most down of all our players?
I certainly wouldn´t think so.
We don´t have any stand out candidate.

Strats

Reaction score
Should Neves even be the current captain?

Let's face it, his head maybe at Molineux but his heart is in Barcelona. Put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself 'would you really really care' as long as you said the right words whenever the opportunity arose.

Next skipper? ... I don't see one in our squad.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another question is, if by some miraculous stroke of luck we get another penalty who takes it? Presuming Costa if he's on but unlikely he will be playing full games

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
January? ………really?

The football side of the club is a mess right now and you think Jeff would ok a move in January?

That makes no sense.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sympathise with the club over the economic situation - that can’t be helped.

But the planning, my god the planning has been dire. Absolutely dire.

Jeff has been pulled in so many different directions that he’s badly taken his eye off the ball.

If you know Neves is leaving - or there’s even a chance - then why would you reshape the squad and get rid of your captain to a rival.
They've given off the illusion of being a well run club with contingency plans for contingency plans etc, but in reality the club has been run appallingly in the background. It had worked up until a few years back and then the slow drop off started to happen, culminating in our pending relegation.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
January? ………really? The football side of the club is a mess right now and you think Jeff would ok a move in January? That makes no sense.
Unfortunately, if Wolves are relegated with Ruben entering the final year of his contract in the Summer, Jeff would do well to break even on the £16m we spent on him. So does he wait, or does he sell him in January while we are still a Premier League club and might be able to command a £25m-£30m fee? Even if we survive, I'd be amazed if Ruben signs a new deal, so his fee will be diminished regardless. Another Chinese finger trap (no pun intended) the chairman has put himself in.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your post tone makes you sound almost surprised that Jeff would be considering doing something that doesn't make sense?
Do you think it would be a good idea to let Neves go in Jan?

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think Jeff would ok a Neves move in January?
I wouldn't put anything past him to be honest with you, Barcelona pretend to pay over the odds in the summer and that dope would more than likely swallow it, AGAIN

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't put anything past him to be honest with you, Barcelona pretend to pay over the odds in the summer and that dope would more than likely swallow it, AGAIN
It’s probably the same deal that was agreed this summer that Barca didn’t follow through with in the end. Only this time we get to loan him to them for 6 months as an apology for their actions.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is going to be good captain material, problem is I'd be bringing in a centre half in January which means his starting place would be far from guaranteed
You really think we're going to be spending that kind of money

T

TheConcourse

They've given off the illusion of being a well run club with contingency plans for contingency plans etc, but in reality the club has been run appallingly in the background. It had worked up until a few years back and then the slow drop off started to happen, culminating in our pending relegation.
They give the illusion of growth and new brand opportunities. It’s a myth. It’s almost corporate arrogance.

This idea that they can simultaneously grow 4 brands through one core audience, with little insight into the audience; it’s mental.

I get the plan. I applaud the effort, but all of this stuff is taking attention away from the core revenue stream.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is gone.. He won’t hang around when Barcelona come calling. Who will be captain? I’d probably hand it to Jose Sa or Adama someone that’s vocal on the pitch

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it a good idea to sack the manager with no replacement
Was it a good idea to announce there was no outstanding candidates
Was it a good idea to then put a league two manager in charge until 2023
Do you, Supergran, think that Jeff would ok a Neves transfer in January especially when we need him?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if Wolves are relegated with Ruben entering the final year of his contract in the Summer, Jeff would do well to break even on the £16m we spent on him. So does he wait, or does he sell him in January while we are still a Premier League club and might be able to command a £25m-£30m fee? Even if we survive, I'd be amazed if Ruben signs a new deal, so his fee will be diminished regardless. Another Chinese finger trap (no pun intended) the chairman has put himself in.
Well if you use that argument, then maybe we should unload Sa or Neto too.
Thoughts?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would surely be Moutinho as club captain until the end of the season with Kilman or Collins taking the armband if Moutinho wasn’t starting.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither Sa nor Neto have contracts with only one year left on them at the end of the season.
Yes….but to make a profit because we‘re going to be relegated,(as you said above), then Jeff can wave of their contracts, right?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think Jeff would ok a Neves move in January?
It´s not what Jeff wants in this case.
If Neves wants to go to Barcelona in January that is exactly what will happen.
Yup,Jeff could force him to stay,with all the rotten things that will come with a decision like that but it would only make the situation even worse.
I don´t know when Adama is leaving,but I guess he can go for free in the summer.

We have Brentford,Brighton,Everton,,villa,Newcastle,Liverpool and Arsenal to play and that´s the end of first half of the season(we faced every team once).

We are on 9 points now,and we might be able to get another 4 from the remaining fixtures til halfseason..we turn on 13 points.
Why the hell would players like Neves and Adama wanna stick around then?

We are so deeply ****ed it is hard to put into words,really.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes….but to make a profit because we‘re going to be relegated,(as you said above), then Jeff can wave of their contracts, right?
My point is if Wolves are relegated - while there would be a host of players asking for moves - Jeff is not under immediate pressure to sell those with long-term contracts. If we go back up at the first time of asking, their respective values may be restored and they may be happy to stay.

But when it comes to Neves (also Podence and Raul), they increasingly hold more and more of the cards. We could end up with another Adama scenario where they are all happy to walk for nothing at the end of next season (which would represent tens of millions of lost sale revenue), and they'd have the pick of a host of European clubs who can give them large salaries in lieu of a transfer fee. This would arguably the best outcome for their careers but very much the worst case for the club.

A slightly less bad scenario for Wolves might be to sell them this Summer at massively reduced fees, on account of their contracts being one year from expiry, and Wolves no longer being in a position to demand larger fees for relegated players. Potentially the least bad option for Jeff is to sell Neves in January while he has 18 months left and Wolves are still a top flight club. That way we might still get a £25m+ fee for him now rather than risk the two worst case scenarios I've mentioned.

I'm not saying it's an optimal situation but it's one he would likely have considered as a businessman, even if it weakens us further on the playing field. As I say, it's quite the dilemma for old Jeffrey.

Reactions: Ned

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone who will be here for the rebuild, so that's a very small list.

My bet would be Collins.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s not what Jeff wants in this case.
If Neves wants to go to Barcelona in January that is exactly what will happen.
Yup,Jeff could force him to stay,with all the rotten things that will come with a decision like that but it would only make the situation even worse.
I don´t know when Adama is leaving,but I guess he can go for free in the summer.

We have Brentford,Brighton,Everton,,villa,Newcastle,Liverpool and Arsenal to play and that´s the end of first half of the season(we faced every team once).

We are on 9 points now,and we might be able to get another 4 from the remaining fixtures til halfseason..we turn on 13 points.
Why the hell would players like Neves and Adama wanna stick around then?

We are so deeply ****ed it is hard to put into words,really.
Yeah.
But I’m being selfish when I say I hope Neves doesn’t go although he served us very well.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are the leaders indeed?!
Collins with more experience. Maybe Sa. But we all know it would be the undrinkable Moutin5whomwoukd be picked, and frankly should not even be on the pitch.
I just don't see any other leaders...Costa maybe.
Worrying. Even without captain statue you could see what the likes of Saiss and Ruddy bought.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite unbelievable that Shi flushed out all the natural leaders in his frenzied 2022 purge.... as well as totally decimating the defensive capability / back-up: Boly, Marcal, Coady, Saiss, Ruddy, Dendoncker ... none of that is new.

So Neves is the last natural leader of the original happy times ... the only alternative I can see would be Collins. Seems to naturally fit the role.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
January? ………really?

The football side of the club is a mess right now and you think Jeff would ok a move in January?

That makes no sense.
The football side is a mess due to Jeff making decisions that make no sense so yes of course I think Jeff would ok that move.

Back
Top Bottom