Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who will be Captain if Neves leaves

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports of Neves leaving in January. If true, who would be skipper. Kilman?

If he does go, and good luck to him, I think we’re going to struggle even more,

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is going to be good captain material, problem is I'd be bringing in a centre half in January which means his starting place would be far from guaranteed

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is our only natural shouter now Coady has been got rid of.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Although in January Neves departure does like rather likely he has been leaving in every transfer period for years.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins seems to be the leader vocally.. talks well.. not sure he’s putting in captions performances on the pitch yet though.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really doesn't matter.

If this happens, it will define the "end of the project" (using the term as it was in 2017) and most probably the end of our Premier status.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like Kilman and Collins. Both would have been great playing in a three alongside Coady fwiw.

Kilman isn’t captain material in the slightest and 21yo Collins isn’t yet either. He’d face an impossible job turning around a dressing room full of experienced players conversing in a different language half the time - it needs a v big character to do this. Someone posted that he tried to rally the troops after the second goal at Leicester and the other players pretty much all turned their backs.

Rewind to the summer and we had two guys with 100+ PL games under their belt who’d both worn the armbands for their countries and were highly respected by all at the club and Shi et al. pushed them out of the door. Utter madness. Coady’s a 1 in a 1000 player in terms of what he brings to the dressing room and pushing him out was one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in my years of supporting Wolves.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ruben leaves in January (I think it will be next summer) there is no one in our current squad I would consider as our new captain.

A new captain will have to be someone currently with another club. Someone who will get respect and demand 100% effort every match and lead by example. A Mike Bailey type who rolled up his sleeves and shook his fist in the face of a player who was underperforming.

Who would be available to buy in January is anyone’s guess. Ruben is struggling for form and maybe the burden of captaining a struggling team with no decent manager/head coach and apparent interest from Barcelona is turning his head.

No current options in the squad imo but we need a strong personality without a doubt. Coady has a strong personality and I still cannot believe he is gone. Mindless, ridiculous decision which is currently being proved.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know Ruben is a top man, gives his all, is a born leader and to boot is probably our best player. He has been a fine player and is a fine captain.

BUT - he should have never been made Captain!

He is leaving the club, possibly in January, mid way through the season. That is the reason he should have not been made captain.

Just another one of those fantastic well thought out decisions from up high.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pick a midfield player form the U18 squad and give him the captains armband, release a statement that there was no other outstanding candidate. That's what I expect from the clowns running our club.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff will fly to Spain to offer Lopetegui the honorary captaincy of the team. He can still stay at home and doesn't have to be involved in any way with the club, but can he please wear the captain's armband when he's sat around the house.

Lopetegui will politely decline.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does not matter...Sellars will be controlling things as usual from his media platform

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Collins the only candidate imo

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don’t have one do we? That’s the shocking thing.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When only Collins and neves in a senior capacity applaud the fans at the end there is only 1 choice. The rest of the soft spine ****s can **** off

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that's the statement of the day (struggle even more), but let's hope its mere speculation and he won't be off.

The burden of Captain often weighs heavy on a players shoulders in all sorts of sports and I feel its become so for Ruben as there's too many of our players drained of confidence.
Don't know to answer to the question, but either Kilman or Collins would be my future choice.

T

TheConcourse

I sympathise with the club over the economic situation - that can’t be helped.

But the planning, my god the planning has been dire. Absolutely dire.

Jeff has been pulled in so many different directions that he’s badly taken his eye off the ball.

If you know Neves is leaving - or there’s even a chance - then why would you reshape the squad and get rid of your captain to a rival.

Back
Top Bottom