Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harvey Barnes is a fantastic player and will end up at a club battling for European football.

James Justin got an England call up, good defender and can play both left and right back.

Tielemans is a fringe champions league level player. That's 4 players that floor is a Villa/Newcastle.

Only reason why they're where they are, is the defense is made from paper-mache and the keepers would struggle to get game time at Walsall. Plus Vardy has only scored once in the league (against us as you'd guess)

I think you will find that a lot of Leicester fans think Tielemans is “A fringe championship level player“. He is one of those who have been accused of not always giving their all. That’s when he is fit, which hasn’t been often since the World Cup.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you will find that a lot of Leicester fans think Tielemans is “A fringe championship level player“. He is one of those who have been accused of not always giving their all. That’s when he is fit, which hasn’t been often since the World Cup.
They’re showing that keeping some players against their wishes isn’t a good thing. It’s all about attitude but Tielemans has been shocking this season (until Saturday, of course) and will leave at the end of the season as fresh as humanly possible. That attitude spreads like a cancer through the playing staff and hey presto!!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit before my time, mate.
No worries with that, we're all entitled to dislike which teams we dislike and for whatever reasons, I was at the aforementioned game and was crushed against one of the south bank barriers. The talk at the time was Revie tried to bribe our players to throw the game.
Certain events stay indelibly in the memory.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose you weren't around in the Revie era then, or in attendance at the infamous 'bribery' game when around 65000 fans crammed into the Mol?

No, just like all of the Leeds players and staff, and most of their fans!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester, Everton and West Ham for me - they're our biggest challengers over the next few years. I get why most would like Forest & Leeds gone but I'd rather take six points from each of them next season then say goodbye.
Agreed and they can go down next year :)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose you weren't around in the Revie era then, or in attendance at the infamous 'bribery' game when around 65000 fans crammed into the Mol?

I was at that game. I don’t think I have ever seen Molineux so full as it was on that night. Anyway for allegedly trying to bribe Frank Munro, Leeds United deserve to be confined to the Northern League (Regional Division) for eternity.

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at that game. I don’t think i have ever seen Molineux so full as it was on that night. Anyway for allegedly trying to bribe Frank Munro, Leeds United deserve to be confined to the Northern League (Regional Division) for eternity.
Be careful Frank, you might be criticized for expressing that opinion :expressionless:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In terms of talent he's as good as anybody outside the top 6. But that doesn't mean he has the attitude to play in a relegation battle. Why we're lucky that Neves has both

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the poorer sides go, the ones with little history first and foremost. Bournemouth going would be great though looking unlikely and would love to get rid of Brentford and Fulham at some point soon. Never understood why fans want bigger sides going, I would rather we face Everton, Leeds and Forest next term than the likes of Luton, Millwall, Burnley etc.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame that Palace seem to have been saved by Woy. They’re one club that deserves to go down… sounds harsh but they’ve been in the PL for long enough to at least show some ambition to challenge in the top half OR put some kind of effort in to getting a cup run.

They seem to happily forfeit the cups and have the aim of survival and nothing else.

Of course they can’t be blamed for wanting to protect their PL status but surely they’ve had enough seasons in the league to start thinking of the occasional outside challenge for Europa League/Conference?

Reaction score
No worries with that, we're all entitled to dislike which teams we dislike and for whatever reasons, I was at the aforementioned game and was crushed against one of the south bank barriers. The talk at the time was Revie tried to bribe our players to throw the game.
Certain events stay indelibly in the memory.
I was there as an 11 year old, it was rumoured that Revie had got to Bernard Shaw, and Frank Munro

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was one of the 150,000 there that night.
There must have been that many in the southbank up the floodlight stanchions on the ****house roof wasn’t to bad in the north bank I could breath

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50 years on I stil ****ing hate Leeds I really can’t say how much but much much more than any other club

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need one win and a couple below to lose create that bigger gap. Hopefully be safe by the end of the midweek games

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed opportunity but I’m still not panicking. A defeat to Palace and some results elsewhere going poorly for us and I might be slightly more nervous but I’m alright at the moment.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other results going our way - Leeds, Forest losing and Everton and Southampton failing to win, so our defeat not too damaging.
The bottom five teams are failing to win. We recently put two consecutive wins together. I don’t think any of the teams in the bottom six have done that for a very long time.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth or West ham must pick up points tomorrow. Hopefully a draw if honest. Midweek fixtures do worry me. Palace are safe so can play with confidence. No lemina too.

NealC

Reaction score
Bad day at the office today against a very desperate Leicester. We move on.

In terms of wolves, another win and pick up a few draws I reckon we are OK, I'm not too worried at minute , on the basis the teams below keep losing and not picking up too many points , apart from Leicester today. But I think Leicester will drop points moving forward

Southampton, forest for me are relegated, just can't make mind up on the other team, for now I'm saying Everton, hopefully we beat them at molineux.

Let's get something against Palace, up the wolves

Reaction score
The bottom five teams are failing to win. We recently put two consecutive wins together. I don’t think any of the teams in the bottom six have done that for a very long time.
Bournemouth have just done it. Also won 3 of their last 5

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will list Wolves weaknesses

1. Struggling to gain points away from home
  2. Sa making stupid challenges and giving away easy goals
  3. Lopetegui making substitutions that don't help us but hinder us
  4. Wolves struggle to win, when going a goal down. Something we need to improve on
  5. Wolves need to listen to their fans when I did say to them, 'don't get complacent'. And they did.
  6. Not being consistent enough, and being all over the place
  7. Not coping with teams that place us under pressure
The list is endless.

Isn't our away record better under JL?

Lopetegui help us more than hinder, usually.

We've come from behind a couple times under Lopetegui haven't we?

JL reiterated that we can't be complacent. Don't think the team were complacent at all today. Just not good enough.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS we are not going down.

Need to win to overtake us assuming we do not pick up another single point for the rest of the season:

Saints - 4 from 6
Forest - 3 from 6
Everton, Leicester, Leeds - 2 from 6

We win one more game and that becomes 5,4 and 3 from 5.

No chance.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need 4 more points I reckon, as looked at the 21/22 PL table. Last Season, Leeds escaped relegation. Finishing 17th with 38 points. We are not safe yet.

36 would have still kept them up? So 2 more draws by that logic.

But i agree, i said 5 pts from the next 4 games, and its still completely doable.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to see Everton and Leeds drop in 18th and 17th place.
Just hope the Foxes win against Leeds midweek to really put the dent in, Saints pick a few points up.
We send Everton down...oh the joys.
Leeds / Everton and 1 more (don't give a hots who)

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we're in trouble. There's something not right about the heart of tbr team. We beat tougher opponents and manage to lose the easier games. We don't inpose our identity and we lack fight throughout the team, with the exceptions of some of our players. Loptegui has not yet worked out our better players. Hwang instead of Podence? Etc.
I'm worried. We lack something.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we're in trouble. There's something not right about the heart of tbr team. We beat tougher opponents and manage to lose the easier games. We don't inpose our identity and we lack fight throughout the team, with the exceptions of some of our players. Loptegui has not yet worked out our better players. Hwang instead of Podence? Etc.
I'm worried. We lack something.
Thank god we play Brighton united and Arsenal then.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The situation is still the same, one win keeps us up.

I can see Everton getting 7 more points (including beating us), Forest and Southampton appear shot, athought their last matches may have given them a bit of belief.

If we don't beat Palace we are in serious trouble. I have no doubt Everton will do us at home and I can't see another obvious win, maybe a draw against the Villa?

Leeds have a couple of winnable games in Leicester and Bournemouth, so I think they will finish on 35 points.

Absolute must win on Tuesday, or we are in big trouble, mark my words.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Leeds and Forest’s fixtures we could already have enough points. Throw in Saints are well adrift and I’m cautiously optimistic. Well I will be until both Leeds and Forest win in midweek…

Back
Top Bottom