Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who Do You Recognise? Older Fans Only!!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Came across the attached photo on line.

Can you name all the players?

WolverhamptonWanderersteamplayingcricketinthedressingroom14-01-1966-1.jpg

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the age limit for posting on this thread?

Nivada

Reaction score
That guy with the back is Tom Bishop.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This photo was taken on a Friday, the day before we played Huddersfield Town at Molineux. The game of cricket obviously didn't do the lads any harm as we won the game 2-1 with goals from the demon bowler Ernie Hunt and Bobby Woodruff.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's Leonard Rossiter with his backside towards us.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon the guy with his back to the camera may be Joe Wilson, who was built like a brick ****house. But more likely Ernie Hunt. The team for that game v Huddes (15 January 1966) was:

Davies; Wilson, Thomson; Flowers, Woodfield, Holsgrove; Wharton, Hunt, McIlmoyle, Woodruff, Wagstaffe.

Although Knowles is in the photo, he didn't play in that game. And who is that on the extreme left pulling on (or off) the No 10 shirt? Woodruff played at No 10 that day, but that doesn't look like Bobby Woodruff -- maybe it's Les Wilson? I think it's Pat Buckley between him and Knowles. Looks like Wharton obscured by McIlmoyle. Don't know who the one bending over on the right is.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I reckon the guy with his back to the camera may be Joe Wilson, who was built like a brick ****house. But more likely Ernie Hunt. The team for that game v Huddes (15 January 1966) was:

Davies; Wilson, Thomson; Flowers, Woodfield, Holsgrove; Wharton, Hunt, McIlmoyle, Woodruff, Wagstaffe.

Although Knowles is in the photo, he didn't play in that game. And who is that on the extreme left pulling on (or off) the No 10 shirt? Woodruff played at No 10 that day, but that doesn't look like Bobby Woodruff -- maybe it's Les Wilson? I think it's Pat Buckley between him and Knowles. Looks like Wharton obscured by McIlmoyle. Don't know who the one bending over on the right is.
Yes it looks like either Joe Wilson or Ernie Hunt and probably the latter .I wondered if the one bending over was Fred Kemp but he had gone to Southampton by then

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes it looks like either Joe Wilson or Ernie Hunt and probably the latter .I wondered if the one bending over was Fred Kemp but he had gone to Southampton by then
Maybe the latter as my abiding memory of Joe was his bandy legs, of the couldn't catch a pig in an alley type. I'm also attaching a well known picture from the early 70s (?). There are 3 players in the centre of the middle row which seem to be Les Wilson, Bertie Lutton plus one I am struggling with, along with the reserve goalkeeper, who eludes me.

WolverhamptonWanderers-July1970.jpg

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one next to Luttoj

I don’t think it is Jimmy Kelly .It looks like a midfield player we had who played a few times ,Paul Walker

No I posted just after I had second thoughts it isn't. His name's on the tip of the tongue but won't come.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The one next to Luttoj

I don’t think it is Jimmy Kelly .It looks like a midfield player we had who played a few times ,Paul Walker
I was in Leeds a few years back with a work colleague and got talking to the taxi driver .He said he had played for Wolves in the early 70’s .I couldn’t make out his face in the rear view mirror so I asked him his name and he said Paul Walker .I remembered him but my colleague who was a bit younger didn’t

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next to McAlle I think may be Paul Walker. I remember him wearing the no. 9 shirt away at Liverpool in the 1969/70 season.

Back
Top Bottom