Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which Team do you Hate the most?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading - my most local professional club. I'd never met a Reading "fan" before they were promoted to what was then division 1. Then kids at school suddenly started claiming they were Reading fans, even though I knew them as Southampton, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool ect...

What made it worst was Wolves total inability to beat the pricks, even at 1 0 up in the 91st minute we'd find a way to lose.

Plastic club, with the most fickle fairweather support I can think of. I Despise them, they're the poster boys of modern day characterless football clubs.

westside wolf

Reaction score
I’m amazed by these poll results, genuinely don’t think I’ve met a Wolves fan that doesn’t hate Albion first and foremost.

Grew up just outside Wolverhampton in the 80s. Wasn’t a single Albion fan in the area but there were tons of Liverpool fans. Hatred started there. The absolute media love-in for Liverpool is what has got to me more lately. Plus their fans genuinely feel far more entitled than fans of any other club I’ve met.

And they always beat us in the league, more lately with some completely one sided refereeing and VAR decisions.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion
Liverpool
And I'm starting to really dislike Barcelona after years of liking them.

MontyR

Reaction score
Dad would say Albion since he's from Wolverhampton, but living outside of the UK for a lot of my life it has to be Liverpool for me.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Having lived in Italy for nearly 18 years, I'm teaching my kids that they're allowed to support any Italian team as long as it's not Juventus. I ****ing hate Juventus!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading - my most local professional club. I'd never met a Reading "fan" before they were promoted to what was then division 1. Then kids at school suddenly started claiming they were Reading fans, even though I knew them as Southampton, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool ect...

What made it worst was Wolves total inability to beat the pricks, even at 1 0 up in the 91st minute we'd find a way to lose.

Plastic club, with the most fickle fairweather support I can think of. I Despise them, they're the poster boys of modern day characterless football clubs.
I live in Reading and have to say there fanbase is very small due to the proximity of London. They beat us a lot in the early 90s. I think they hate us more than the other way round, mainly cause of the playoff game at the Mol

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal, with Liverpool almost on par with them.

Of the teams listed it would be Birmingham, and that’s almost solely down to the Kevin Phillips era.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton. Nothing to do with our current home and there being many Brighton fans around us. It’s back to my childhood:in Scotland, a couple of defeats to Brighton one of which I had the displeasure of watching at the Goldstone, and a Brighton fan in my year at primary school who wound me up about their victories. Hated them ever since.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading!

****ing hate them with a passion

And they supposedly hate us too.

I went to college in Reading, so know a few Reading fans, they’re fairly open that it stems from the fact ultimately they’re desperate to have an actual revival so look for any kind of reason to try to form one (for us it’s McGhee leaving and poaching their best players)… but they have fictional rivalries with Swindon and Oxford too, they consider them ‘derbies’.

Reaction score
Albion obviously, hopefully we’ll never play them again in a competitive fixture.
Leeds .Always seemed to draw them in semi finals.
Spurs uefa cup final

Scotland

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Villa for me. Went to school that was Villa and Blues. Some of arrogance was irritating

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And they supposedly hate us too.

I went to college in Reading, so know a few Reading fans, they’re fairly open that it stems from the fact ultimately they’re desperate to have an actual revival so look for any kind of reason to try to form one (for us it’s McGhee leaving and poaching their best players)… but they have fictional rivalries with Swindon and Oxford too, they consider them ‘derbies’.
McGhee left for Leicester which is baffling re them!

My hatred stems from growing up in Newbury, I was a wolves fan on going to secondary school in 1991, all my year were utd, Liverpool, spurs, arsenal etc. 93 ish Reading got promoted, we had Taylor in charge. They battered up opening day but we won via Froggatt if memory serves me right, after that they used to beat us, especially down at the **** hole of elm Park!! All those mates of mine started going to watch them due to be close and All of a sudden I was getting **** from them when reading won, that's where it was born!!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

If you’re a millennial and from the Wolvo area it’s Albion without a doubt.

I grew up sharing a bedroom with my Albion supporting brother, you can imagine the scraps we used to get into, that was even before we started on the football, early 30s now and having not played them in front of a crowd for a while the hatred has lessened. But I guarantee as soon as we play them again I’ll hate them and possibly my brother (we are best mates) the week before and after the match.
An Albion fan sharing a bedroom with a sibling!!!! There’s a song about that.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McGhee left for Leicester which is baffling re them!

My hatred stems from growing up in Newbury, I was a wolves fan on going to secondary school in 1991, all my year were utd, Liverpool, spurs, arsenal etc. 93 ish Reading got promoted, we had Taylor in charge. They battered up opening day but we won via Froggatt if memory serves me right, after that they used to beat us, especially down at the **** hole of elm Park!! All those mates of mine started going to watch them due to be close and All of a sudden I was getting **** from them when reading won, that's where it was born!!

Yep, so odd they resent us for McGhee leaving, but I think he poached more of their players to us than Leicester.

I remember those trips to Elm Park, always seemed to lose. The Scott Taylor tackle on Frogatt I believe had a big bearing on Wolves history in that era.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Surprised so many of us hate Villa. Is that a recent thing or longstanding hatred?
45 years of hate for me. Can’t remember why I detest them, just hate everything about them.
Even after all these years the hate has never wained. I’ve even drilled it into my son and daughter.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, so odd they resent us for McGhee leaving, but I think he poached more of their players to us than Leicester.

I remember those trips to Elm Park, always seemed to lose. The Scott Taylor tackle on Frogatt I believe had a big bearing on Wolves history in that era.

I don't think it's just that. They are one of the "nouveau" clubs and at least part of their irritation in the 90's stems from us having a bit of a sense of superiority over them. "We should be beating the likes of Reading!!!". That kind of thing.

One of those clubs like Brighton and Watford, too, who having spent 100 years doing nothing, overtook us in the 1980's and 90's. Yet we would still get more media attention than them, being the "big club" at Championship level. We irritated them for much the same reason we get irritated when Arsenal, Everton , Newcastle etc get way more media attention than we do, even when we are doing better than them in the league.

Used to have a mate who was a Grimsby supporter and I know it does rile them up when they are used as the yardstick of how low you have sunk when you are beaten by them. Barnsley too, as we all know from the McGhee era. Their players and fans were always up for matches against us in the Championship, for them it was putting one over the rich club, like how we feel beating Man U and Man C. (I'd add Liverpool in, if ever we beat them).

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a Staffordian there’s only one answer - Stoke. Next to no Albion fans here so little rivalry. Man Utd a close second simply as they have so many gobby glory hunters.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised so many of us hate Villa. Is that a recent thing or longstanding hatred?
Hated them as there were loads of Villa fans at school round about the time they won the league and European cup. Subsequent events probably mean I now equally hate Albion. Thinking about it I’ve probably hated every team at some point :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds should be up there, still would of voted Albion! But should have been given the option

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot believe Leeds were not in that list - obviously a post seventees poster.

Number 1 will always and forever be Leeds, closely followed by Albion and Reading.

Saw a guy I knew who was a Reading season ticket holder - but since they have not been doing so well he has given up his season ticket and has returned to being an Arsenal fan.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generation thing I suspect. I worked in Brum for twenty years or more and don't give them much thought, until I read the rubbish the Mail put out.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal. Cor abide em. Mainly cos their fanbase are complete ********s.
My hatred goes back at least as far as Bob Hazell's late sending off in January 1978.
The older I get the more teams I really dislike. Like you I have a long memory so once a team is on the list they are likely to stay there. I can find good reason(s) to dislike most teams. Oddly despite all their money Man City aren’t one though it was a close run thing when watching Sterling diving all the time. Glad he’s going to Chelsea as I hate them for multiple reasons, he’ll fit in well!

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Villa today and tomorrow, the day after that, next month, next year, forever!

Hate them more than anyone! Biggest deluded fans I’ve ever come across. Arrogant big headed ****wits! Hate em!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1. Man Utd. Grew up in the 70’s with so many Utd fans and the hatred stemmed from there and has never left.

2. Birmingham. Inbuilt

3. WBA. Inbuilt

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a means of taking a break from our busy summer activity(!), I thought I'd gauge who we all hate in football.

One choice only. Which team engenders an incredible amount of Schadenfreude when they struggle.

Which team do you actively hope lose every week and go out of business in hilarious circumstances?

I've tried to include a broad spectrum of (English) teams here, but do comment if any team is missing that you hate.

I've gone for Birmingham. We were neck and neck with them for a good few seasons and I developed such a hatred of them. Even now, I find their plight amusing.
I suspect that it is not the team that you hate but their supporters. Just for the record, I don't hate any teams. It's all a bit childish really. Most of them have made an active contribution to the history of the game, such as Walsall beating Arsenal 2-0 in the FA Cup Third Round in 1932-33. One of Walsall's finest ever talents, Allan Clarke, made his breakthrough as a first team regular in the 1964-65 season. Aged just 18, he scored 23 league goals in 1964–65 and a further 23 goals in all competitions in 1965-66. He was sold to First Division Fulham for a then club record fee of £37,500 in March 1966 and went on to earn 19 caps for England and win a league title at Leeds United.

Many of those of my age did not look fondly on Leeds United under Don Revie, but that era has passed now and I certainly don' t hate Leeds for that. They did have some very good players under Revie even if their style of play was suspect.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa today and tomorrow, the day after that, next month, next year, forever!

Hate them more than anyone! Biggest deluded fans I’ve ever come across. Arrogant big headed ****wits! Hate em!
Bloody fence-sitter! Say what you mean, lol!

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Bolton every time. Their descent down the divisions has been enjoyable but has done nothing to decrease the utter loathing I have for the club, it’s supporters, Lofty the ****ing Lion and that utter **** McGinley.

Back
Top Bottom