Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which game will we be relegated?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone think we can last out until the last day??

I am sure Albion are relishing the thought of sending us down but due to Blackpools horrendous form and West Hams tough run i reckon a thumping at Sunderland will put the final nail in the coffin.

What say you??

D

Deleted member 4008

The way I look at it is if we end up losing to Fulham then we are as good as gone. Teams around us next week have fixtures that they can win so we could be 3 or 4 points off safety before we even kick a ball against Fulham. I have thought for a while that the Albion game will be a relegation decider and to be honest they are nearly safe so they won't have as much pressure on them as we will.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say this as ridiculous and provocative a thread as one asking people to predict what game we will achieve safety in would be.
I know Saturday was depressing and you will say you are being realistic but I hope the players have a bit more fight than this thread.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say this as ridiculous and provocative a thread as one asking people to predict what game we will achieve safety in would be.
I know Saturday was depressing and you will say you are being realistic but I hope the players have a bit more fight than this thread.

Of course they should and I would if I were a player but the fact we've been in the bottom three all season, lost our one and only player who can playup top in our most effective formation and just been tonked by three goals against two half strength midtable teams suggests that although my heart says we can still stay up my head already knows we are down, just when will we be put out of our misery.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moira I was so depressed coming out after the Everton game I felt doomed. I agree and have said for some time that I think we will go down. I just haven't given up yet and if we do beat Fulham things will look very different.
It's still quite possible for us to survive but we probably need 3 wins.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get relegated to the $$$$ then thats me done with football as the pain will simply be too much to take.

Please God do not let this happen.

D

Dewsburywolf

I was going to start a similar thread but refuse to give up the fight until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

For the record my thread was going to be titled

Which one of our local rivals will send us down?

:embarassed: :eek: :mad:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let us believe. If and until we are gone, the players and management deserve our support. If we go down let the recriminations begin then. Despite our recent results we still have the opportunity to escape. Keep the faith, onwards and upwards.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I have to say I know we had Steve Bull from them and ripped the $$$$ out of them for years but the Promotion $$$$ up, the 3-0 drillings, them having the South Bank, beating us in the play offs were hard to take.

Being relegated by them, waving singing cheerio and we'll never see you again.

Personally, that would be worse than all of the above put together. I hope the Wolves kings in the sky like Billy Wright and Stan Cullis prevent it from happening on the day.

It would be horrendous and for that reason alone, I wouldn't travel to the game if I was an Albion fan.

The violence will be something not seen so badly for over 30 years.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey - come on guys - we've come out of bigger scrapes than this before. VOOG's vision is the stuff of nightmares - why put yourself through that $$$$ ??? Agreed it looks a bit grim after two back-to-back stinkers, most surely the defence looks as frail and ineffectual as the elastic on a whore's G-String and blimey the forwards seem to dropping like junkies after a big hit on payday.

But let's be honest - things can only get better.

With two back-to-back wins our season will be reignited, whether these come next game or in either one of the following two games. With 38 points on the board and nine to play for anything can happen.

I'm not saying this will happen - but let's keep a bit of faith .... and keep out horrible and unwelcome visions of doom - you know it doesn't make sense !! Stay :cool:

R

Ranc Davaine

Does anyone think we can last out until the last day??

I am sure Albion are relishing the thought of sending us down but due to Blackpools horrendous form and West Hams tough run i reckon a thumping at Sunderland will put the final nail in the coffin.

What say you??

Are you the fat lady?

Yes, we'll survive until the last day ... and please don't come to the game.

R

Ranc Davaine

The violence will be something not seen so badly for over 30 years.

Not a self fulfilling prophecy I hope.

Whatever the outcome, there's no good reason for violence at the game and remarks like yours aren't helpful.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Whatever the outcome, there's no good reason for violence at the game and remarks like yours aren't helpful.

I wouldn't want any child to go through what we went through in Feb and that dump.

I'm being truthful and honest. It's what will happen and if I was an Albion fan with a lady or child with me I wouldn't go.

It'll be raining from the upper tier and it won't be rain water.

D

Deleted member 3604

Even the coolest, calmest supporter could lose the plot that day. The whole country would be siding with the Albion - it truly is unthinkable. I doubt I will go, I couldn't handle it. It's on the damn TV as well.

F

FLEET WOLF

Blimey - come on guys - we've come out of bigger scrapes than this before. VOOG's vision is the stuff of nightmares - why put yourself through that $$$$ ??? Agreed it looks a bit grim after two back-to-back stinkers, most surely the defence looks as frail and ineffectual as the elastic on a whore's G-String and blimey the forwards seem to dropping like junkies after a big hit on payday.

But let's be honest - things can only get better.

With two back-to-back wins our season will be reignited, whether these come next game or in either one of the following two games. With 38 points on the board and nine to play for anything can happen.

I'm not saying this will happen - but let's keep a bit of faith .... and keep out horrible and unwelcome visions of doom - you know it doesn't make sense !! Stay :cool:

Well said. I think the break could help us, but the worry is that other results will go against us. If they don't and we beat Fulham, things will look better. I am as $$$$ed off as everyone else, but have not given up hope, yet!

W

wanderer24

I think the Sunderland game will be the clincher either way, and Blackburn will just be a game in the sun. Let's hope it's not a goodbye Premiership day but on current form it's championship here we come.

R

Ranc Davaine

Even the coolest, calmest supporter could lose the plot that day. The whole country would be siding with the Albion - it truly is unthinkable. I doubt I will go, I couldn't handle it. It's on the damn TV as well.

The coolest, calmest supporter won't lose the plot; but yobs might, especially if they think that it's expected of them. If we go down it won't be the fault of WBA supporters, it'll be because Mick and his men didn't prove to be good enough.

F

FLEET WOLF

I think the Sunderland game will be the clincher either way, and Blackburn will just be a game in the sun. Let's hope it's not a goodbye Premiership day but on current form it's championship here we come.

and you can guarantee that in that scenario, we would probably beat Blackburn about 3-0 and look good, with everyone wondering why on Earth we had been relegated!

W

Westport Wolf

The coolest, calmest supporter won't lose the plot; but yobs might, especially if they think that it's expected of them. If we go down it won't be the fault of WBA supporters, it'll be because Mick and his men didn't prove to be good enough.

There's a good chance that if the albion send us down, a lot of complete idiots who aren't even at the match will turn up to have a pop at the albion fans and will end up fighting the police, like the FA cup game when they had the southbank. The Chav youth will come out looking for a fight and it will all be very embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 3604

Quite agree, if we go down it's because we are not good enough, but there is no chance I could sit in the Molineux with them lot boing boinging and shrug my shoulders.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why would the whole country side with Albion ?

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I worry about the Sky studio being in between the two sets of fans.

Can just see it now, the seats, flares, smoke bombs, coins flying past the window.

Supposed to be a family club!

D

Deleted member 3604

Why would the whole country side with Albion ?

Woy is loved, Wolves Supporters have an impressionable reputation and the surviving clubs in the mix would rather play WBA next season than us. Just for starters.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if one has a look at Moira's predictions, Wolves would not have collected one single point this season, so Wolves would have been relegated long ago.

While admit that after the recent 2 matches, and with the current injuries, I have diminished my faith in avoiding relegation, I will continue to pray for some sort of miracle to enable us to retain our premiership place, afterall we are Wolves, and taking past experience you will never know from where Wolves might collect some precious points.

B

BlakemoreWolf

We all know wolves are struggling without doyle but we have got to think just because one important player is injured (well theres a few more) does NOT mean we will go down as long as all the fans support and get behind the team as much as possible we could just pull up some good resultts between now and the end of the season with all hope and maybe the $$$$ could drop down the table and we can send them down, we are not relegated yet nobody knows until its mathematically certain which personally i think we will survive.

J

Jungleee

haha nothing large-scale will happen on 8th May, guarantee it. WMP are very much on top of things and Wolverhampton has to be one of the easiest places to police anyway.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear for the Albion game ! only cause the ******** wannabe KFC fighters will be thinking there hard.
Albion game will not send us down, Sunderland game will confirm it I think.
Just think Albion game will make it us requiring 5 points from last 2 games.

Wolves will also finish bottom, followed by Wigan and West Ham.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not out of it yet.

Take the blinkers off!!! We're dead and buried. Can't defend and can't score yet some idiots think we can win 3 of our next 6 games!!!
It was good while it lasted but we're just not up to being an established prem club, too much talking off the pitch and not enough on it.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take the blinkers off!!! We're dead and buried. Can't defend and can't score yet some idiots think we can win 3 of our next 6 games!!!
It was good while it lasted but we're just not up to being an established prem club, too much talking off the pitch and not enough on it.

what about the other contenders ?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unbeaten in four or five games.

Then we went to Newcastle, a tough place in my opinion despite their home record.

Then played an everton team 7th despite a poor Start to the season.

Lucky results next weekend and a win vs fulham
things can be so different.

What's the point in giving up when were only 1 or 2 points away from safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbeaten in four or five games.

Then we went to Newcastle, a tough place in my opinion despite their home record.

Then played an everton team 7th despite a poor Start to the season.

Lucky results next weekend and a win vs fulham
things can be so different.

What's the point in giving up when were only 1 or 2 points away from safety.

Because the team have given up, injurys are mounting and we can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money. And as a club all we're interested in is knocking the stands down and making bigger for the fans who won't even turn up when we're hanging around the mid table of the championship for bloody years again. And anyone who thinks Mick will have a job at wolves when we go down is also deluded. This is the man who with the biggest budget in the lower half of the division brought poorly and shattered an ambitious chairmans dreams.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Mick will not be sacked if we are relegated.

He should be though.

An EPIC failure if we go down which should cost him his job.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will cost him his job. Its only Mick saying he'll be here no matter what!

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I'd put £100 on Mick McCarthy being the manager come the first game of the new season.

Called loyalty and our board his fully behind him.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure the albion match will be a calm and collective affair played out in tranquil settings between gentlemen, the fans will part with a wave and a handshake wishing each other well for the future........................my god this homebrew is good stuff!!!

Back
Top Bottom