Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What Steve Morgan Should Do Now

D

Deleted member 3573J

I don't want any apologies or a change of heart, just sell the club for a reasonable price and never step foot inside Molineux again. He had no intention of putting anymore of his own money into the club again as soon as we got promoted in 2009, so why would he change 7 years later?

U

Ulfhednar

He was asked to plough money in or do one. The overwhelming sentiment was they wanted an owner who'd throw money at it. It s not easy to sell football clubs on, especially in 2016 and now Morgan is accountable for the debts. He will have to give the club away.

I don't think fans did say plough money in or do one (although SJH did originally, said £30m, but that got syphoned off & locked into a new stand). The spat happened cuz people were led to believe we'd spend over & above to replace Sako then didn't, then we sold our POTs. Then at Preston fans expressed anger cuz their expectations raised by club over this season, had been abandoned by club at very start of that season. And then apparently we have to be sold cuz Wolves needs to have an owner with mega buck investment that SM can't afford.

I think SM just refuses to accept how he invested & steered us completely wrongly, and puts it all down to him not being able to invest enough.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reduce Jizz's salary by £100K and use it to retain several members of staff who would be under threat in the current straightened times (and have an "I accept" note prepared if Jizz threatens to resign)

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reduce Jizz's salary by £100K and use it to retain several members of staff who would be under threat in the current straightened times (and have an "I accept" note prepared if Jizz threatens to resign)

Reduce it TO £100K

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see a cull of a lot of backroom and office staff after May to further prepare us for life in the doldrums.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan is stuck, we as supporters are stuck. Assuming no white knight is going to appear for the foreseeable future what should Morgan do? He won't invest the £10m or so that the first team needs to have a chance of a top six place. In fact he won't invest a penny more of his own cash. The instructions to Moxey will be live within your means. Sell players if necessary and bring in loanees or frees. Just do enough to keep the club beyond the bottom six of the second division. That will be the 'plan'. So we could see at least another year or two of treading water with the odd panic if the team slips into 16th or 17th/18th positions at some point. If the club was in danger of relegation to the third division then presumably Jackett would be gone. But if Jackett keeps things jogging in midtable on a meagre budget then Morgan will be happy. Its all about damage limitation now until he can exit with at least the £30 million in his pocket. He is not interested anymore in the club and whatever the real reasons for this its all irrelevant now He won't sell the club down the river because apart from anything else that is against his financial interests. But any injection of funds to improve the first team and at least have some kind of go at top six is off the agenda.

Its going to be a very boring predictable season in 2017/18. There we will be stuck in nowhere land with our finances only sustained by selling our best players. Meanwhile the Premiership teams, even the worst of them, will be pocketing so much cash that the gulf between them and the likes of Wolves, Huddersfield and Preston will be absolutely massive and increasingly unbridgeable. Morgan will leave us in a limbo land from which it will be extremely difficult to emerge. One way or another he was never ever willing to give it a go and his poor decisions along with Moxey's mean that the club have fallen so far back now that it is hard to see any light at the end of what looks like an increasingly long and dark tunnel. Perhaps when the club start selling the best of the young talent the message will finally get through to even the most madly optimistic on here.

I think that's an accurate summary of Morgan's game-plan as far as anybody can infer one from his total silence. But the facts of season 2015-16 speak volumes about how we can expect to see the club run for the foreseeable future.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I would love to know why he showed up with OUR scarf draped round his neck a few weeks ago?

P

Paul76

I would love to know why he showed up with OUR scarf draped round his neck a few weeks ago?

Probably the same reason why he wears wolves cufflinks, a Wolves tie and has a personalised Wolves plate on his car.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just needs to cut his losses and leave. Yes his intentions were good, but the bloke is too impetuous, he has no clue about what he needs to do and is frankly inept at running this club. I do not wish any ill on him, I just want him gone and hand over the club to somebody more professional who has the vision to take this club forward.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As in most situations I look at it from all angles, I believe Morgan only had the best intentions for Wolves, yes mistakes have been made but I have never hated anyone for making mistakes or being more successful than myself.
He is a human being with feelings and family, personal insults and the sheer hatred shown to him by many is far worse than anything he has ever done.

Thanks for that, a nice touch of humanity, mostly absent from this forum

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bottom line is that he's royally ****ed up and deep down probably knows it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bottom line is that he's royally ****ed up and deep down probably knows it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he knows it. He has a choice, redeem himself or just walk away completely and never show his face anywhere near molineux again...... Ever!

U

Ulfhednar

As in most situations I look at it from all angles, I believe Morgan only had the best intentions for Wolves, yes mistakes have been made but I have never hated anyone for making mistakes or being more successful than myself.
He is a human being with feelings and family, personal insults and the sheer hatred shown to him by many is far worse than anything he has ever done.

I was pro SM, I argued for him to be forgiven, shown respect, and to be encouraged to recommit, but since Moneyshop I've given it proper thought and I'm certain now, whether or not Morgan's intentions were good they're not good any more, he's now harming the identity of the club in a way it can never recover from.

And whether or not Morgan deserved hate before, if Moneyshop goes live, he deserves all the hate in the World and more for it. And not just in relation to WWFC, but in relation to him as a person, & in relation to all his other businesses & his overall status. He's an alien tyrant & I hope he leaves the Country is all I can say that wouldn't get me an infraction.

A man who flies around in private jets, spouting how he cares, selling a National sporting institution and poor people out to loansharks. He couldn't have less class or care or entitlement to respect.

And regardless if this is Morgan or not, Moxey & Matt Grayson should know this is unacceptable, they're supporting it, they need to go to now as well as Morgan, they're not only betraying the club but they're betraying Wolverhampton itself.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest concern is that maybe Morgan will sell the club to Moneyshop.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just needs to cut his losses and leave. Yes his intentions were good, but the bloke is too impetuous, he has no clue about what he needs to do and is frankly inept at running this club. I do not wish any ill on him, I just want him gone and hand over the club to somebody more professional who has the vision to take this club forward.

Pretty well sums up my position on Morgan.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are we advertised as the club must be somewhere ?

I have looked on Friday Ad and Gumtree but no joy.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Food for thought. Has the Money Shop got tens of millions to invest in Wolves?

Say 30m to buy us, and 30m to invest in players etc.

i know they have 250 shops across the country but we are probably too big for them to buy.

On the other hand, with the business they are in, perhaps not..

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new owner can't come soon enough. It's painful watching the club decline like this :(

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can just see it ... the Molineux Moneyshop Arena or more likely just The Moneyshop Stadium.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

U

Ulfhednar

That's what I think is happening, the McKnight strategy, with it's over-focus on Wolves urban districts & social projects, perfectly fits Moneyshop / Loanstar. I think WWFC, Morgan, Moxey & Loanstar have been cooking this up for ages and this Moneyshop sponsorship is the first step in their invasion and conquest of us.

But it may not be SM selling WWFC entirely, it may be he's going to stay & partner with Loanstar, for them to invest in their joint project. If so, it's the end of WWFC in my eyes and I think in terms of WWFC's (and Wolverhampton's) real long-term potential.

Certainly, WWFC will be much less saleable to new owners once Moneyshop sponsorship has gone live because it will kill our potential to grow our reach, so imo SM must be doing this with a view to Moneyshop / Loanstar being the buyer / co-investor, cuz in partnering with them & so linking our brands, he clearly doesn't care what other potential buyers would think any more.

U

Ulfhednar

Food for thought. Has the Money Shop got tens of millions to invest in Wolves?

Say 30m to buy us, and 30m to invest in players etc.

i know they have 250 shops across the country but we are probably too big for them to buy.

On the other hand, with the business they are in, perhaps not..

Moneyshop are owned by and are just a front for Loanstar, Loanstar have $6.9billion.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moneyshop are owned by and are just a front for Loanstar, Loanstar have $6.9billion.

So they certainly have the finances. Hopefully it won't happen, but I just can't help thinking there is more to this shirt sponsorship than meets the eye.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I think is happening, the McKnight strategy, with it's over-focus on Wolves urban districts & social projects, perfectly fits Moneyshop / Loanstar. I think WWFC, Morgan, Moxey & Loanstar have been cooking this up for ages and this Moneyshop sponsorship is the first step in their invasion and conquest of us.

But it may not be SM selling WWFC entirely, it may be he's going to stay & partner with Loanstar, for them to invest in their joint project. If so, it's the end of WWFC in my eyes and I think in terms of WWFC's (and Wolverhampton's) real long-term potential.

Certainly, WWFC will be much less saleable to new owners once Moneyshop sponsorship has gone live because it will kill our potential to grow our reach, so imo SM must be doing this with a view to Moneyshop / Loanstar being the buyer / co-investor, cuz in partnering with them & so linking our brands, he clearly doesn't care what other potential buyers would think any more.

Deluded. Moneyshop offered thr best sponsorship deal, end of.

D

Deleted member 4594

Was there any talk of Goodyear buying the club? Or Doritos? Or Chaucer? Why on earth would Moneyshop (loanstar) want to buy a championship football club?? The way things snowball on this site is laughable.
If Loanstar buy the club I'll buy everyone on this forum a pint.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, game on then..

The Money Shop have also completely rebranded their logo and colours to match Wolves. Look on their website now and look at some other photos of what their logo looked like previously and how the colour yellow has been changed to the club colours. They're also currently rolling out the refurbishment and rebranding of their shops to reflect this change, it started as soon as the sponsorship was announced. This is not just a simple 'put their logo on our kits' type sponsorship.

I'm sure this has been planned for a long time and was strategically announced after the early bird offer. A huge operation has kicked in since the sponsorship started.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Was there any talk of Goodyear buying the club? Or Doritos? Or Chaucer? Why on earth would Moneyshop (loanstar) want to buy a championship football club?? The way things snowball on this site is laughable.

If you needed help to afford it, there's always Moneyshop...

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't anybody on here know where the Wolves are advertised for sale ?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-news-macanthony-wants-to-meet-dispirited-peterborough-united-season-ticket-holders-at-coffee-morning-1-7333411

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony will try and boost season ticket sales for next season by hosting a ‘coffee morning’ at the ABAX Stadium next Sunday (April 24).
MacAnthony said: “Regards to the seaon ticket holders still on the fence about renewing, come see me at ground next Sunday for a cup of tea/sandwiches and share your frustrations face to face with me. And if still feel that way, then fair enough. I’ll work all day and see dispirited fans personally from 9.30am onwards.

“There are 900 season ticket holders holding out, who the club will contact this week to come see me face to face next Sunday. I’m up for it. Good or bad etc. Come see me next Sunday at the club where I’ll personally convince you. All those not sold on season tickets are welcome.”

Just the sort of thing the 2 M's would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3573J

I was pro SM, I argued for him to be forgiven, shown respect, and to be encouraged to recommit, but since Moneyshop I've given it proper thought and I'm certain now, whether or not Morgan's intentions were good they're not good any more, he's now harming the identity of the club in a way it can never recover from.

And whether or not Morgan deserved hate before, if Moneyshop goes live, he deserves all the hate in the World and more for it. And not just in relation to WWFC, but in relation to him as a person, & in relation to all his other businesses & his overall status. He's an alien tyrant & I hope he leaves the Country is all I can say that wouldn't get me an infraction.

A man who flies around in private jets, spouting how he cares, selling a National sporting institution and poor people out to loansharks. He couldn't have less class or care or entitlement to respect.

And regardless if this is Morgan or not, Moxey & Matt Grayson should know this is unacceptable, they're supporting it, they need to go to now as well as Morgan, they're not only betraying the club but they're betraying Wolverhampton itself.

Out of interest, when you say you hoped he would have recommitted, what do you mean? Do you think for example he was committed after relegation from the Premiership until he put the club up for sale? Personally, Wolves have been run no differently in the last 6 months than they were the previous years, the only difference is that he doesn't attend games any more.

U

Ulfhednar

^:D

Out of interest, when you say you hoped he would have recommitted, what do you mean? Do you think for example he was committed after relegation from the Premiership until he put the club up for sale? Personally, Wolves have been run no differently in the last 6 months than they were the previous years, the only difference is that he doesn't attend games any more.

I totally agree, but it's devil & deep blue sea. I'd prefer WWFC to be Brit or Anglo owned, or at least someone who understands or wants to understand our culture and not impose their own (like Cardiff?!). (But maybe SM has already done that, with his daft 'excellence' mission fit for a building company but that's sent us round in circles, and letting Moneyshop even sponsor a stand for last 7 yrs like we're Tranmere Rovers). Also I don't want a foreign owner whose got money cuz of others being exploited, like Abramovich with poor Siberians. Morgan is at least Brit, and till Moneyshop / Loanstar reared it's ugly head he was nothing to do with people being exploited. So he is (was) an ok moral & cultural fit.

He has made load of mistakes, but the best people do, then learn from them & become better than others. I hope he can learn - not to be good at steering us but rather that he shouldn't try, and should instead get football people in. I'd personally like to see someone like Steve Daley as Director of Football or something, represent fans passion and common football sense.

In all honesty I really don't know, I'd be willing to give SM a 2nd chance in a slightly different management structure. He annoyed me by being so wrong & bullish in it (maybe like he annoyed Laslett over stand enough for him to resign) but I never hated him or hated on him. I know of him prior to WWFC from Redrow, and despite hearing he was a bit domineering & hot to handle, I believe(d) he has integrity. I do believe he had best intentions.

Now SM, JM, KJ, players, mission, & everything else become irrelevant in shadow of the Moneyshop issue & spectre of Loanstar/McKnight. I think it's even in way of the club selling to the kind of buyer we'd want cuz I think SM already intends to sell to or partner with Loanstar.

U

Ulfhednar

Well if their supporting of community projects claims weren't so closely in line with McKnight strategy I wouldn't be as worried. But it makes sense for them because they're desperate to integrate their Company into society because it's hugely profitable & comfortable to just farm people forever.

The rebranding may just be cuz Moneyshop want to look like official WWFC financial services outlets in Wolves districts (especially with official Wolves partner & club badge in window / on sign), so are noticed, trusted, and used much more. Moxey did say he wanted them to see a return on their investment, sure that will be plenty so may be enough for them.

I hope you're right, I'll be buying lots pints for people if they don't try & buy us (& Mcknight strategy goes away), if I ever go :)

D

Deleted member 4594

Well if their supporting of community projects claims weren't so closely in line with McKnight strategy I wouldn't be as worried. But it makes sense for them because they're desperate to integrate their Company into society because it's hugely profitable & comfortable to just farm people forever.

The rebranding may just be cuz Moneyshop want to look like official WWFC financial services outlets in Wolves districts (especially with official Wolves partner & club badge in window / on sign), so are noticed, trusted, and used much more. Moxey did say he wanted them to see a return on their investment, sure that will be plenty so may be enough for them.

I hope you're right, I'll be buying lots pints for people if they don't try & buy us (& Mcknight strategy goes away), if I ever go :)

Moneyshop are a nationwide company. I'm baffled as to why having a wolves badge in the window of there local branches would be important enough for them to spend tens of millions on a football club.
Ulf, if you're getting the beers in I want a couple of pints of whatever it is you've been drinking :D

U

Ulfhednar

:) No I mean the rebranding might just be for the Moneyshop shirt sponsorship now, so they can pretend in Wolverhampton they're WWFC financial services. Whatever the sponsorship has cost, Moxey said he wants them to have a return on it (so profit ontop) - them pretending to be WWFC financial services will give that best chance (especially as they think it's over 3 yrs and maybe ongoing afterwards). They literally want to integrate themselves into the Wolverhampton urban community, effectively be our private sector credit union. lol.

Was just saying that might have enough value in it's own right to mean they're not interested in going further & buying club. But if owning & succeeding with Wolves gave Moneyshop and or Loanstar credibility & acceptance in UK that's worth loads. Or enough - how much more do you need once you've got $6.9? I know nothing about them, just saw them linked in local press & business articles referencing deal when I searched google to see if in National press yet, and also on rumours site.

McKnight was the guy with Moxey at FP who presented a strategy for Wolves becoming like an American franchise club devoted to local urban community & social projects rather than primarily on football success & being a big football brand. It just never made any sense where it came from or how it fitted in, why they were apparently presenting new long term strategy when the club was up for sale and so new owners would decide that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom