Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 260 66.3%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 32 8.2%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 54 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 4.8%

• Total voters

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps a loan to a reasonably strong Spanish or Portuguese club (e.g. Villarreal, Braga) would get him some game time and give him a chance to rebuild his confidence. As some have said, there is a player in there but its not happening for him in the UK. Back in a more 'homely' environment might take some of the pressure off him. His disallowed goal at Everton was a sublime finish and if he can get back to doing that somewhere on a regular basis all may not be lost.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dive that should concern us is that in his transfer market value. I am getting to the point where even £5m would be attractive. The sooner this whole sorry saga ends the better. Someone's head should fall for such incredible misjudgement at the club- particularly on the ridiculous size of the fee, never mind bloated wages also.
He should be careful walking down stairs. His insurance policy is probably worth more than his transfer value.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was hooked before the hour at the weekend. Rotten again.
Rangers fans and commentators I've read are all pretty unanimous in that they have given up on him. I really don't know who would pay money for him tbh. It would be shocking to just give him away. He'll surely come back to us in May/June. Does anyone think that as a last resort a pre-season with GON and to work closely with Cunha might unleash a shred of talent that must lie hidden somewhere?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers fans and commentators I've read are all pretty unanimous in that they have given up on him. I really don't know who would pay money for him tbh. It would be shocking to just give him away. He'll surely come back to us in May/June. Does anyone think that as a last resort a pre-season with GON and to work closely with Cunha might unleash a shred of talent that must lie hidden somewhere?

It really doesn't help that he's being played on the wing.

surreywolf

Reaction score
He’s done okay for Portugal under 21s. Get him away from Rangers and off to Familicao or whoever, playing up front. Then if or when he gets a bit of form back, trade him in for AN Other rising Portuguese talent.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s done okay for Portugal under 21s. Get him away from Rangers and off to Familicao or whoever, playing up front. Then if or when he gets a bit of form back, trade him in for AN Other rising Portuguese talent.
I would 100% agree with that. Put him in an environment where there's very little pressure on him (Famalicao), back home (very close to Porto). I can see that happening. If he scores a bag full of goals then we've redeemed a bit of value on him.

I struggle to see anyone paying what it would take for us to not take a loss on him this summer (his book value is still in excess of £10m).

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unless something drastic changes with his approach to being a professional footballer, no.

If he comes back with that chip on his shoulder? I dunno, I still don't think so, but I'd love for him to show people like me that we don't know **** about football.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless something drastic changes with his approach to being a professional footballer, no.

If he comes back with that chip on his shoulder? I dunno, I still don't think so, but I'd love for him to show people like me that we don't know **** about football.
At least you are prepared to be vaguely positive. It is sad how many people are almost gloating over a young Wolves player apparently failing.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I see comments like this quite a lot and really can't see where they come from? What behaviour has he exhibited, at Wolves, to suggest he has a "chip on his shoulder"? He has certainly struggled to make an impact and has clearly not been favoured, or trusted, by successive managers, but I can't recall anything that displays a problem with his "approach to being a professional footballer". In his brief appearancees for us, on returning from Holland. He always came across as trying a bit too hard, if anything. I really think people have created a fictional personality around Fabio, based on little more than stereotypes about Iberian / Mediterranean players and the fact that his hairstyle isn't to their taste.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see comments like this quite a lot and really can't see where they come from? What behaviour has he exhibited, at Wolves, to suggest he has a "chip on his shoulder"? He has certainly struggled to make an impact and has clearly not been favoured, or trusted, by successive managers, but I can't recall anything that displays a problem with his "approach to being a professional footballer". In his brief appearancees for us, on returning from Holland. He always came across as trying a bit too hard, if anything. I really think people have created a fictional personality around Fabio, based on little more than stereotypes about Iberian / Mediterranean players and the fact that his hairstyle isn't to their taste.
The only thing that might suggest an attitude was Lage's comment about young players and training.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing that might suggest an attitude was Lage's comment about young players and training.
Agreed, that and not being able to keep a straight face when Hwang fell over, but he wasn't the only one involved at the time and there were no repetitions of that kind of thing since his return from loan, as far as I can recall. Certainly nothing in anything he has said or done that can justify the dislike that many seem to hold for him, as an individual, rather than just for his playing abilities.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a shame for everyone concerned, the weight on the kid was far too much, price ridiculous, its just a real bad deal all round.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least you are prepared to be vaguely positive. It is sad how many people are almost gloating over a young Wolves player apparently failing.

I was super positive about the lad till this loan…..

As wow it has been a stinker……. Hard to keep upbeat about a player stinking out a two team farmers league and becoming a national mainstream laughing stock!!! The 5 minute destruction of him by ally mccoist on talksport was so bad……

He needs to make changes to his team/support network asap as someone or something is failing him big time, he will be a massive waste of a talented kid if he doesnt

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder who’s idea it was to move him from Anderlecht in the middle of last season, that’s when he seemed most settled and successful.
I do think most of his problems seem to stem from poor advice from agent/ family on when and where to push for loans, however the spell in Holland was relatively successful too and he seemed to be enjoying being part of the squad there, even when he wasn't first choice to start.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time to sell in the summer in the best interest of both club and player, end of.
In almost 4 full seasons, the majority of which we’ve been desperately short of attacking options, he’s never established himself as first choice.
Hopefully Shi’s learnt a very harsh lesson of what a generational talent doesn’t look like.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stats I've just looked at say that Rangers have had 15 penalties this season and Celtic have had 14. So what's your point?
Try looking into the real statistics but I don't think you'll be bothered.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to sell? time to sell? What fools are going to pay money?
Off the books is best we can hope for.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be clear,.having a chip on his shoulder would be a good thing in my view.

And I think the fact he hasn't really improved in years says what needs to be said about his attitude....but, bluntly, he couldn't be trusted to do his job this autumn. Couldn't have him on the pitch. He just wanted to drift around looking for space. GON couldn't trust him for ten ****ing minutes.

Maybe that, at least, will get better. God knows the options are try to salvage him here or do a very cut rate deal with a sell-on.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we are in for Rodrigo from Braga we should offer them Fabio plus cash.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are in for Rodrigo from Braga we should offer them Fabio plus cash.
Think they'd just want the cash considering Fabio's wages!

Saudi is our best bet to rid ourselves of him, while getting the best financial deal possible. Mendes owes us one.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance whatsoever of him going there.
And why not? They are planning to go for younger players from Europe, he fits the bill.

Mendes already active in that market, got us a great deal for Neves considering his contract situation.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And why not? They are planning to go for younger players from Europe, he fits the bill.

Mendes already active in that market, got us a great deal for Neves considering his contract situation.
Why not ? maybe because he's absolutely useless and would really struggle in the Champ.

Back
Top Bottom