Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 251 66.6%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 4.5%

• Total voters

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In hindsight whoever sent him to Scotland did us a massive favour. Clarity on his strengths and weaknesses have been made clear. Expectations well and truly squashed .
WWFC fans were accused of being negative towards him and it was parlty our fault , because we held the price tag against him.
I always felt that was a false analysis. In absolute terms he just wasnt good enough .
I am not sure if I feel sorry for him , because there are thousands of average footballer who would love his salary.
A favour and a massive balls up in one!

You are correct, it proves Fabio isn’t up to British football at this point of his career.

But the balls up, is that it has torched any transfer fee!!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im genuinely trying to figure out what he is doing. Has he stumbled as the ball was played just behind him? Im not convinced. He does actually look like he was diving for a penalty.
Sniper up in the rafters wasn’t it???

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im genuinely trying to figure out what he is doing. Has he stumbled as the ball was played just behind him? Im not convinced. He does actually look like he was diving for a penalty.
In slow-mo, it genuinely looks like he anticipates contact and goes down... at full speed it looks like he's frightened by the ball and falls over...

I wonder if his confidence is so shot to pieces that rather than risk missing an open goal 3 yards away, his mind just screams "DIVE!! GET A PENNO!!"

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember Randall & Hopkirk deceased?

DJLWolf

Reaction score
This lad is embarrassing himself.

Clearly wanted to get a pen rather than sticking the ball in the back of net but then realised there was nobody within a couple of yards of him.

Dear, dear me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made a massive mistake in signing Fabio, but not as massive as Arsenal when they signed Nicolas Pepe for £65million in August 2019.

He went out on loan 12 months later and is now playing in Turkey after leaving Arsenal in September last year.

Just saying.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We made a massive mistake in signing Fabio, but not as massive as Arsenal when they signed Nicolas Pepe for £65million in August 2019.

He went out on loan 12 months later and is now playing in Turkey after leaving Arsenal in September last year.

Just saying.
In both cases, the director responsible was rightly let go once it was clear it wasn't going to work.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just saying.
The difference being Arsenal have the backing and facilities to make big mistakes/risks like that.... We don't!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just saying.
The difference is that Arsenal with their revenue streams can afford to make that mistake every so often, we can't.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's amazing, he seems to call for the ball but then is surprised when it's passed to him, although he is the only player it could be passed to.
It looks like he's going for a penalty rather than trusting himself to shoot from 6 yrds...something seriously wrong inside his head there.
I wonder if we can get Eileen Drewery in to try and help him.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just saying.
Apparently signing Fabio was compensation to Mendes and Porto….

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference is that Arsenal with their revenue streams can afford to make that mistake every so often, we can't.
I am completely aware of that and expected that reply.

Just saying, Pepe cost £65million, probably earned £100-£150 grand a week and 4 years later was sold for zilch!

Antony, Sancho, Maguire, Mount and Casemiro at Yanited spring to mind as totally overpriced as well. What are they currently worth?

Just saying.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am completely aware of that and expected that reply.

Just saying, Pepe cost £65million, probably earned £100-£150 grand a week and 4 years later was sold for zilch!

Antony, Sancho, Maguire, Mount and Casemiro at Yanited spring to mind as totally overpriced as well. What are they currently worth?

Just saying.
Once again, you're naming a club that can afford mistakes like that. We cannot.

Spending £35m on an untested 18 year old was ****ing bonkers and will go down as one of the worst signings in club history considering the sum.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The stumble in today’s Scottish Cup game pretty much sums up his confidence and the vast majority of nearly 4 seasons since he signed for us.
Any news on how Sasa’s loans going?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once again, you're naming a club that can afford mistakes like that. We cannot.

Spending £35m on an untested 18 year old was ****ing bonkers and will go down as one of the worst signings in club history considering the sum.
I absolutely agree, Perton.

Total madness. I remember the disappointment I felt when we sold Jota and thinking Silva would make up for it.

I can’t think of a worst signing, based on the amount we paid and the hype that came from Jeff.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's amazing, he seems to call for the ball but then is surprised when it's passed to him, although he is the only player it could be passed to.
It looks like he's going for a penalty rather than trusting himself to shoot from 6 yrds...something seriously wrong inside his head there.
I wonder if we can get Eileen Drewery in to try and help him.
That dive or whatever he’s doing. **** me. This is getting to Souness & George Weah’s cousin levels of weird.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is actually diving, expecting someone was close. It's quite remarkable and actually sad to see.

Reinforces my belief that there's something not right with him emotionally/mentally.

Shame as he seemed in a great place last year and returning in pre-season with Lopetegui but until he sorts that out, he's going nowhere.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The stumble in today’s Scottish Cup game pretty much sums up his confidence and the vast majority of nearly 4 seasons since he signed for us.
Any news on how Sasa’s loans going?
Sasa did his other knee awhile ago. He's probably done in top-level football I imagine.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably needs to go out on loan to a Portuguese team. I do feel for him, but I think we’d struggle to get £5m for him at the minute.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruptured ACL again in feb. one of the worst injury records of any footballer in recent times sadly, what were they thinking signing him with our small squad strategy
Broja had an acl a few years ago so maybe we should avoid him.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Broja had an acl a few years ago so maybe we should avoid him.
Not comparable. Sasa has been injured for 47% of his time as a professional since 2017 multiple serious injuries, broja 26% since 2020 with that one ACL the main factor..

1000022873.png
Broja
1000022875.png

Not that I'm advocating signing Broja by the way.

Attachments

• 1000022874.png
    1000022874.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 4

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is ****ing embarrassing……

Is there a football version of webuyanycar.com????

He is single handedly destroying any transfer fee with this loan……

Indeed turned himself into an embarrassing laughing stock....... any sympathies fans may have had for him being lumbered with " generational talent" and the huge price tag are fast disappearing with his weekly antics.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is how BBC quote his miss…
“Silva didn't score, though. In collapsing to the floor, Silva looked like an octopus falling out of a tree. Somewhere out there, Peter van Vossen was celebrating. No longer the holder of the greatest missed sitter award.”

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed this morning when seeing the goals... think it was Rangers 2nd, player had a couple of tries and finally put it away. Instead of celebrating,Fabio threw his arms up as if to say "why didn't you pass to me".
Very odd

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the coaching and playing staff at Rangers are having a word with him about this kind of stuff?
He has been doing this for a few games though for Rangers. Dont understand how surely the manager, coaching staff and fellow players must have surely spoken to him. Yet it seems ingrained in him that you do wonder if that will always be in him. He simply cant be coached to act any different.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been doing this for a few games though for Rangers. Dont understand how surely the manager, coaching staff and fellow players must have surely spoken to him. Yet it seems ingrained in him that you do wonder if that will always be in him. He simply cant be coached to act any different.
It’s okay Fabio has Saudi interest apparently, Saudi league are now going to target younger players. Fabio is one of them…. Let’s hope it’s true

Back
Top Bottom