Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 248 66.5%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha made 22 appearances for us. Didn't impress in any of them. (other than showing he was a match for 7th level Chorley). Didn't look like he wanted to be here. Perfectly understandable why a manager would not prefer him ahead of Neves/Moutinho and even Donk at that time. I don't think he wanted to be here in the first place and that's as much why he didn't settle. And it was widely reported at the time that Gonvalves didn't want to be here.

It's a lesson we needed to learn - it's no good having players who don't want to be here, even if they could be drafted in as part of the Mendes portfolio.

Vitinha more often than not was played out of position, usually wide on the left ( as was MGW) in a season when a majority of us thought Moutinho was poor and should have been rested/ rotated more.

It was definitely something that Nuno deserved criticism for...... no real wonder players look uninterested if the coach has no faith in them.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if Fabio Silva will blossom like Vitinha.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemingly everyone talks about Silva's cost -but the more galling thing (and perhaps reflects far worse on the club) is the fact that we had both Pedro Goncalves and Vitinha at the club but conspired to either not sign/let them go?

Elite champions league level players at the top of their game and both would cost in excess of £200 million - or around 6 Fabio Silva's....
Wasn't Vitinha 21 when we signed him?
Pedro Goncalves was 19 when we let him go(wasn't he homesick?)
If you are happy to let people go at that age for nothing don't go crying when some of them come back to haunt you.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't Vitinha 21 when we signed him?
Pedro Goncalves was 19 when we let him go(wasn't he homesick?)
If you are happy to let people go at that age for nothing don't go crying when some of them come back to haunt you.
We never actually signed Vitinha. He was on loan with a £10 million option and we never took up the option

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never actually signed Vitinha. He was on loan with a £10 million option and we never took up the option
I know, but my point was more don't write someone off as crap when their that young and bemoan it when 2 or 3 years later they are putting them away in the champions league.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Fabio Silva will blossom like Vitinha.
To Fabios credit he has tried much harder than Vitinha . But I havent seen anything in Fabio that would say he could play at PSV even though he has tried .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got 500 minutes in total, hardly a wide base to make an informed decision on him. I don’t ever remember him looking like he didn’t want to be hear and whilst their was plenty said about Goncalves being home sick I can’t recall anything about Vitinha not settling

It was another strange one, in that I remember watching him play for Portugal Under 21's that season and he was so much better, hardly recognisable as the same player. Neto was in that same Portugal team too, also excellent, yet looked exactly the same Neto we saw play for us from his early days. But Vitinha did so little in his 500 minutes, I can understand why he didn't get more game time. We were well below half way in the table for much of that season. Can understand why a manager wouldn't risk a young, unproven (at that point) player in that situation.

I can't recall anything about him wanting to stay, fight for his place, develop his career with us, either and he cleared off fairly quickly. Just based on all that, looks like he was never quite committed to us and was persuaded to join and it clearly never worked out for either us or him. Whether it ever could have done, not sure.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was another strange one, in that I remember watching him play for Portugal Under 21's that season and he was so much better, hardly recognisable as the same player. Neto was in that same Portugal team too, also excellent, yet looked exactly the same Neto we saw play for us from his early days. But Vitinha did so little in his 500 minutes, I can understand why he didn't get more game time. We were well below half way in the table for much of that season. Can understand why a manager wouldn't risk a young, unproven (at that point) player in that situation.

I can't recall anything about him wanting to stay, fight for his place, develop his career with us, either and he cleared off fairly quickly. Just based on all that, looks like he was never quite committed to us and was persuaded to join and it clearly never worked out for either us or him. Whether it ever could have done, not sure.
Re him wanting to stay, fight for his place and clearing off quickly. He was on loan so he didn’t have any choice. You remember him differently to me, I remember him coming on a lot at the death in games and being shoved out wide which isn’t his game (you wouldn’t put Neves on the wing in those days either). He didn’t look lazy or not commited, just a young kid being played out of position.

Nuno has to shoulder the blame for Vitinha and Goncalves. His best pal in Mendes brought them here so he should have said “I don’t need them” if he didn’t want them.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio taken off for Rangers and he doesn't look very happy with Ross County going ahead 2-1

Rangers will not pay £10 for him on this showing never mind £10 million

Last edited:

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Wee bit of football trivia while this game’s on. The Ross County ground holds more than the population of Dingwall, its location.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio taken off for Rangers and he doesn't look very happy with Ross County going ahead 2-1

Rangers would not pay £10 for him on this showing never mind £10 million
Yeah. Just think though, your team is suddenly losing in a must win game… and you, as a striker, gets subbed… that must hurt.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put him on a obligation to buy in the summer and get shut of him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC says 'Silva hooked on 53 minutes and he's furiously muttering to himself tearing the tapes of his wristbands like a stroppy teenager'!? He's building up quite a reputation for himself. Not good for him or us if we try to sell him on this summer.

He has been spoken about really badly for the entire week for his antics last week and diving about, during his time in championship level football that is the SPL.

Then he does what he does today

He is making it harder and harder to sell him with his antics on the pitch……..

Mendes owes us a few favours for this car crash of a signing and the fees/salary we have put into him

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva was really poor again although he isn't a wide left player so that isn't helping

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been spoken about really badly for the entire week for his antics last week and diving about, during his time in championship level football that is the SPL.

Then he does what he does today

He is making it harder and harder to sell him with his antics on the pitch……..

Mendes owes us a few favours for this car crash of a signing and the fees/salary we have put into him

Oh shut up. Every good player ever has been annoyed they've been subbed, including Messi and Ronaldo. And Kevin De Bruyne last month.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh shut up. Every good player ever has been annoyed they've been subbed, including Messi and Ronaldo. And Kevin De Bruyne last month.

The fact it follows many weeks of his conduct and behaviour being mocked around SPL ex pros and media, doing what he did today one week after his poor behaviour last week is why I am criticising it…….. acting like a toddler having a fit on the floor when he got body checked and then today in successive weeks is a **** poor look from an optics POV.

He also hasn’t pulled up any trees up there in any way to warrant behaving like the players names you have mentioned.

His loan move wouldn’t see him described as a good player based on what I have read and heard on the radio…….

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact it follows many weeks of his conduct and behaviour being mocked around SPL ex pros and media, doing what he did today one week after his poor behaviour last week is why I am criticising it…….. acting like a toddler having a fit on the floor when he got body checked and then today in successive weeks is a **** poor look from an optics POV.

He also hasn’t pulled up any trees up there in any way to warrant behaving like the players names you have mentioned.

His loan move wouldn’t see him described as a good player based on what I have read and heard on the radio…….

Maybe if you'd watched it you'd have seen he was poleaxed today and had every right to be on the floor.

He also had every right to be annoyed at being subbed after 55 minutes when he was having a good game and had setup the goal. This is not unique to him.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if you'd watched it you'd have seen he was poleaxed today and had every right to be on the floor.

He also had every right to be annoyed at being subbed after 55 minutes when he was having a good game and had setup the goal. This is not unique to him.
Didn't watch the match; but, if he was having a good game, as you stated, why was he subbed?

Back
Top Bottom