Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 251 66.6%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 4.5%

• Total voters

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won the penalty, which I don't care what anyone says, whether hes going down before is touched is completely irrelevant, is an absolute stone wall penalty.

He also played a part in their second goal, yet the focus is on him rolling around, when Chan does that at least 3 times a game.
Mentally not right but played a part in two goals? Hmmm.
I don't understand why he's being sent up to a league full of David Batty's, as if in 2024 that was ever going to be good for his development.
Football up there hasn't changed since the 90s. I don't like rolling around but being expected to stay up if someone clips your ankles, what sort of bull**** is that? It just leads a league full of technically diabolical cloggers, which is what Scottish football is. Throw yourself at it and hope you get the ball and wonder why noone outside of glasgow gives a ****.

Did you watch the game? Hwag certainly does not do that! He may dive a bit, but the rolling when on the floor.

The penalty is very much debatable, despite your claims.

I agree that he shouldn't have gone to Scotland, I said as much at the time.

But neutrals, Celtic fans and, more importantly, a majority of Rangers fans, are all criticising his behaviour yesterday, so you're very much in the minority. He was embarrassing.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? Hwag certainly does not do that! He may dive a bit, but the rolling when on the floor.

But neutrals, Celtic fans and, more importantly, a majority of Rangers fans, are all criticising his behaviour yesterday, so you're very much in the minority. He was embarrassing.
Eem yes he does roll around on the floor.
And no, I don't care what the twitter pule9n thinks. It isn't a debatable penalty. He knows the contact is coming starts ro go down, but he's not dragging his leg. It's only in the joke that is Scotland where anyone would think otherwise. I have sympathy when someone leaves a leg trailing for someone to go over, I don't when some clogger throws himself at the ball and hits the defender.
When the dust settles the point is his contribution ends up in another point towards Rangers winning something. You can cry all your want about the long hair ponced rolling around all the time, but it's got nothing to do with football.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can I interest you in a 22 year old striker whose development seems to have stalled despite a clean injury record?

Please?

The abuse Fabio would be taking right now if he had been forced to play again despite not being ready would be off the charts. It was doing right by the kid to try to get him in an environment where his development could continue with game time at a level that matched his own.

Even now, I don't think Fabio Silva is the difference between winning and losing a premier league game. Even compared to the undercooked kids the club are forced to play at the moment.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eem yes he does roll around on the floor.
And no, I don't care what the twitter pule9n thinks. It isn't a debatable penalty. He knows the contact is coming starts ro go down, but he's not dragging his leg. It's only in the joke that is Scotland where anyone would think otherwise. I have sympathy when someone leaves a leg trailing for someone to go over, I don't when some clogger throws himself at the ball and hits the defender.
When the dust settles the point is his contribution ends up in another point towards Rangers winning something. You can cry all your want about the long hair ponced rolling around all the time, but it's got nothing to do with football.

Is playing for a penalty and getting one the amazing contribution you think?

If we're keeping it purely football, he has two goals in 11 games for statistically the best side in the league (PPG), and it's a league that you're happy to call rubbish.

A lot of the criticism he is receiving from yesterday is his poor play combined with the awful antics.

I also ask if you watched as you have referenced playing a part in two goals on a few occasions, when it was one. Rangers scored two in the 20 minutes he was off, and looked far more dangerous.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is in charge of loaning players out to clubs? Are they picking the right clubs?
We’ve got Matt Jackson back now so this will improve massively. Our players’ loan moves this season have not been a roaring success which is a big own goal by the club which they are looking to sort.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry, I'd love Fabio to be good enough, but he just isn't, and it's not an exaggeration to say he was embarrassing yesterday. I mostly watched it, but I did catch a bit of the radio where Pat Nevin (my favourite co-comms) was jokingly speculating whether he had an inner ear infection. The penalty was very dubious, it's hard to know how much contact there was, but I think we'd have been going bonkers if it was against us. The best I can say is that it did give him a burst of energy and he played well from the pen to when he went off (including a good carry and lay off for the second goal). The opinions on here obviously don't matter really, we'll see the objective truth when the Summer comes.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won the penalty, which I don't care what anyone says, whether hes going down before is touched is completely irrelevant, is an absolute stone wall penalty.

He also played a part in their second goal, yet the focus is on him rolling around, when Chan does that at least 3 times a game.
Mentally not right but played a part in two goals? Hmmm.
I don't understand why he's being sent up to a league full of David Batty's, as if in 2024 that was ever going to be good for his development.
Football up there hasn't changed since the 90s. I don't like rolling around but being expected to stay up if someone clips your ankles, what sort of bull**** is that? It just leads a league full of technically diabolical cloggers, which is what Scottish football is. Throw yourself at it and hope you get the ball and wonder why noone outside of glasgow gives a ****.
Stonewall lmao.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stonewall lmao.
Sorry, but it is! You know how much it takes to overturn a penalty. Silva hasn't had to drag his leg, the guy just goes flying in to him because he's turned him inside out. You can't exactly kick someone's knees when they are in control of the ball in the penalty area and expect it not to be a foul. Once you've got past the "oh look it's fabio silva rolling around like a girl again" it's clearly a foul, it's clearly in the area so it's clearly a penalty. And it's good play that earned it him.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage slagged Silva and Hoever off for not training hard enough? Maybe that. I suppose and Spanish and Portuguese players aren’t like us Brits train hard play hard mentality which is why the Spanish and Portuguese leagues are quite contrasting from the premier league
It is what GON assesses that matters not Lop or Lage.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is what GON assesses that matters not Lop or Lage.
I do remember O'Neil saying Fabio was "training better" in praising his reaction to the Blades game. Could have been a total throwaway from him just trying to do damage control after that Philips article came out saying the staff were done with Silva...

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The penalty was very dubious, it's hard to know how much contact there was...
it really isn't a dubious one. There is contact and the defender has no right to be leaving his legs out. It's a penalty for a clear foul. It's probably less dubious than the last one Hwang one.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some rangers fans actual opinions.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I am in a minority, but I still feel there is a decent player in there. Silva didn’t set the price tag, but it weighs heavily around his neck. I am not saying he will ever become a regular in the premier league, but at a club like Rangers he could well have found his level.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for getting rid of Silva. He has no future under GON and he does seem to perform better at other clubs. My only niggling doubt is from a financial perspective whether the club would countenance selling him for say £5 mil to Rangers, and writing off £30 mil? I doubt Rangers, or anyone else, would pay much more. In that case the only other option would be a further loan to a European Club in the hope he excels and his sale value increases to say around £15 mil? It's a bit like selling your house; you have a minimum amount you would accept and I expect Wolves have a minimum valuation on Silva, bearing in mind what they paid, and they may hang on till they get something near that figure. This could run and run.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some rangers fans actual opinions.

Can't believe you're going in so strongly on this one.

This is another thread on him from the same forum.

This is on a different Rangers forum.

This is Rangers fan Carl Frampton. "That's twice now Silva has rolled about on the floor over nothing. This is the issue with boyos from the continent playing in the Old Firm. They've no idea what it means."

This is Rangers legend Graeme Souness - "Silva is a diver. He is a diver and he's embarrassing himself."

That's not even going into whether it was or wasn't a penalty. Souness for example, says it was 100% a penalty (his opinion), yet he was still happy to call Silva a diver and say he's embarrassing himself. For a Rangers great to say that is some going.

The BBC report, after watching six goals and a remarkable game, actually start their report with Silva's diving, and mention Stuart McCall shaking his head as Silva dived again.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He reminds me of that bloke at Yanited, oh yes, Bruno Fernandes. He cost £40 odd million (just a bit more than Fabio).

Always falling over at the slightest contact and continually moaning.

Fernandes is embarrassing in that way, but he regularly makes goals and scores goal, unlike our very costly so called striker, who was embarrassing yesterday.

It’s time we got rid, but the trouble is, he probably has a decent value as an asset on the balance sheet, which will probably exceed any fee we get for him. In those circumstances, we will make a loss on his sale which we don’t want.

At the end of the day, what would we get for Fabio if we sold him at the end of the season?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is just too much pressure on him at Wolves, and too many idiots who have been against him pretty much from the start because he was a 35 million player who was never ready to be a 35 million player. The expectation was for him to be some world beater from day one and he just wasn't and still isnt.

He needs to move for his own good, and we need to move him on for our own good now.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for getting rid of Silva. He has no future under GON and he does seem to perform better at other clubs. My only niggling doubt is from a financial perspective whether the club would countenance selling him for say £5 mil to Rangers, and writing off £30 mil? I doubt Rangers, or anyone else, would pay much more. In that case the only other option would be a further loan to a European Club in the hope he excels and his sale value increases to say around £15 mil? It's a bit like selling your house; you have a minimum amount you would accept and I expect Wolves have a minimum valuation on Silva, bearing in mind what they paid, and they may hang on till they get something near that figure. This could run and run.
Presumably we could keep loaning him out in the hope that he will hit a purple patch somewhere and increase his value or until his contract runs out whenever that is and he can leave for free.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love enigmatic players - we've had plenty in the past, starting with Dave Burnside and more recently Andy Keogh Now it's Fabio all had great cameos, several crap performances but talented. Rodney Marsh was one but never came to us.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio silva was the butt of the jokes again on talksport by Mcoist…….

He really wasn’t impressed with him and his antics at the weekend…….

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Fabio silva was the butt of the jokes again on talksport by Mcoist…….

He really wasn’t impressed with him and his antics at the weekend…….
I went on to the rangers fans forum yesterday to see what they were saying and the majority of the comments weren't favourable.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like this move has enhanced his reputation whatsoever.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Seemingly everyone talks about Silva's cost -but the more galling thing (and perhaps reflects far worse on the club) is the fact that we had both Pedro Goncalves and Vitinha at the club but conspired to either not sign/let them go?

Elite champions league level players at the top of their game and both would cost in excess of £200 million - or around 6 Fabio Silva's....

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a £30 m loss now. His amortised value must be very small!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemingly everyone talks about Silva's cost -but the more galling thing (and perhaps reflects far worse on the club) is the fact that we had both Pedro Goncalves and Vitinha at the club but conspired to either not sign/let them go?

Elite champions league level players at the top of their game and both would cost in excess of £200 million - or around 6 Fabio Silva's....
I think that valuation on Goncalves and Vitinha is probably £80 million over for the pair, though I get your point.

Unfortunately neither of them having a career here rests squarely on the shoulders of Nuno who didn’t trust either of them to be played with any sort of regularity.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that valuation on Goncalves and Vitinha is probably £80 million over for the pair, though I get your point.

Unfortunately neither of them having a career here rests squarely on the shoulders of Nuno who didn’t trust either of them to be played with any sort of regularity.
If players don’t want to live and play in Wolverhampton in the words of mad mick. Wim goosed ay we

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If players don’t want to live and play in Wolverhampton in the words of mad mick. Wim goosed ay we
To be fair playing first team football for Goncalves would have made him settle a bit easier! I don’t remember Vitinha ever being reported as homesick, he just never got a crack of the whip

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think of the time period we are talking about though. Did either of them warrant starting ahead of Neves or Moutinho on a regular basis?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think of the time period we are talking about though. Did either of them warrant starting ahead of Neves or Moutinho on a regular basis?
I don’t think we saw enough to comment personally. Goncalves made zero appearances and Vitinha got 500 minutes in total. Clearly both are talented and at the time we played 3 in midfield quite a bit so I think both should have had more game time. I loved Nuno but it was a blind spot with him, he had his “tried and trusted” players where at that time these pair could or should have got a bit more time.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair playing first team football for Goncalves would have made him settle a bit easier! I don’t remember Vitinha ever being reported as homesick, he just never got a crack of the whip

Vitinha made 22 appearances for us. Didn't impress in any of them. (other than showing he was a match for 7th level Chorley). Didn't look like he wanted to be here. Perfectly understandable why a manager would not prefer him ahead of Neves/Moutinho and even Donk at that time. I don't think he wanted to be here in the first place and that's as much why he didn't settle. And it was widely reported at the time that Gonvalves didn't want to be here.

It's a lesson we needed to learn - it's no good having players who don't want to be here, even if they could be drafted in as part of the Mendes portfolio.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha made 22 appearances for us. Didn't impress in any of them. (other than showing he was a match for 7th level Chorley). Didn't look like he wanted to be here. Perfectly understandable why a manager would not prefer him ahead of Neves/Moutinho and even Donk at that time. I don't think he wanted to be here in the first place and that's as much why he didn't settle.
He got 500 minutes in total, hardly a wide base to make an informed decision on him. I don’t ever remember him looking like he didn’t want to be hear and whilst their was plenty said about Goncalves being home sick I can’t recall anything about Vitinha not settling

Back
Top Bottom