Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 254 66.7%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.1%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 52 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 4.5%

• Total voters

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see us trying to push the PSR limits in the Summer though, we'll have survived our potential issues and be trying to break even (although that might be the rules anyway). Obviously is someone will give us £2m for a 12 months loan and pay all his wages, then we potentially gain a bit, but is anyone paying a £2m loan fee for a player valued at £5m?
A fair question, but that depends on if we're willing to sell him for £5m and take that considerable loss this summer.

From club's POV, a loan fee of £2m with an option to buy for £10m is more attractive than taking a loss.

Taking a loss for the sake of getting him off the books just seems unnecessary to me, but I suppose we'll see what they decide to do.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A fair question, but that depends on if we're willing to sell him for £5m and take that considerable loss this summer.

From club's POV, a loan fee of £2m with an option to buy for £10m is more attractive than taking a loss.

Taking a loss for the sake of getting him off the books just seems unnecessary to me, but I suppose we'll see what they decide to do.
Yes, fair enough. If someone will cover £3m for his wages, pay a £2m for a loan fee and still offer to buy him for £10m in Summer 2025 then I'm all ears!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you think we can afford to write off a £35n player that easily?
I have a wide-brimmed white sun hat, a la Stuart Broad, with the signatures of the Warwikshire cricket team from the 90's, Ashley Giles, Dougie Brown, Brian Lara etc. From a charity cricket match.

I value it at £1m and hate to think that one day when I sell it I'm going to have to take a hit on that value.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a wide-brimmed white sun hat, a la Stuart Broad, with the signatures of the Warwikshire cricket team from the 90's, Ashley Giles, Dougie Brown, Brian Lara etc. From a charity cricket match.

I value it at £1m and hate to think that one day when I sell it I'm going to have to take a hit on that value.
Would you give it away?

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Brian Lara might be the athlete whose mastery I most admire. I think it was here they had a video of him in australia batting against simulated pitches from modern bowlers (machine). Even in his 50s you would swear he could go for 100 in a test match.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am, or I was, desperate for Fabio to be successful. Up to now he’s done okay in Scotland but today, when he’s really been needed to show up, he just fell flat on his face.
Last game for us; misses a sitter and gives away a pen, second leg game against Benfica - terrible. I just don’t think he can handle pressure. Such a shame.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it doesn't. There's another 6 league games (5 post-split) plus Cup games left.

Fabio is being slagged rotten by both sides of the Uglies after today's game. I didn't watch any of it, so can't comment, but he's done well to thoroughly **** off both the Sellick and Sevco fans :tearsofjoy:

I saw a bit of Scotsport earlier and it is funny to see a Blue Nose behind the goal clearly gesturing to Fabio to get up and stop diving ......... Seconds before John Beaton is told by Nick Walsh to go and have a look at the screen.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People just don't realise how much effort it takes to throw yourself to the ground that often.

That's a serious point, it takes practice and pre-meditation.....so there is an intent to cheat.
I feel exactly the same way about him as I did when Dougie Freedman played for us, he made me feel dirty just watching him and I was happy when we sold him after 1 season, top goalscorer or not.

* we won a competition once to attend as matchball sponsor in a game v Norwich, which meant we got to choose the MOM.
Freedman scored a hat trick in a 5.0 win, and we gave the MOM to Kevin Muscat ;).
Muscat had to come up to the box in his kit and socks, looking totally bemused.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a serious point, it takes practice and pre-meditation.....so there is an intent to cheat.
I feel exactly the same way about him as I did when Dougie Freedman played for us, he made me feel dirty just watching him and I was happy when we sold him after 1 season, top goalscorer or not.

* we won a competition once to attend as matchball sponsor in a game v Norwich, which meant we got to choose the MOM.
Freedman scored a hat trick in a 5.0 win, and we gave the MOM to Kevin Muscat ;).
Muscat had to come up to the box in his kit and socks, looking totally bemused.
If Fabio had dived in front of Muscat he would have got his head kicked in.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a good fast tun through the middle with the ball in the 2nd half and he was kicked above his knee for the prn after a wuick turn, so he isn’t crap, just another diver

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it doesn't. There's another 6 league games (5 post-split) plus Cup games left.

Fabio is being slagged rotten by both sides of the Uglies after today's game. I didn't watch any of it, so can't comment, but he's done well to thoroughly **** off both the Sellick and Sevco fans :tearsofjoy:

So you are saying he is a “generational talent” after all?

Jeff will be pleased!!

Haha

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is ****ing embarrassing!!!!!!

He should ashamed of himself! That is not how a professional sportsman should behave.

Looks more like a toddler having a fit in Asda because their parents won’t let them have a new toy…..

We got annoyed by podence and currently by Hwang when they rolled/roll around, but that is on a whole new level.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is ****ing embarrassing!!!!!!

He should ashamed of himself! That is not how a professional sportsman should behave.

Looks more like a toddler having a fit in Asda because their parents won’t let them have a new toy…..

We got annoyed by podence and currently by Hwang when they rolled/roll around, but that is on a whole new level.
Podence and Hwang at least contributed a little to the team. Silva hasn't got anything about him that says he's worth persevering with.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think there are two ways to look at the finances , ffp numbers and real money.
If the club do actually want to be pretty much self sustaining then a bit of a book value loss probably doesn’t really matter going forward. Maybe it’s better to bring in a few million of real money that can be reinvested.
So for example if his book value is 7 , selling for 5 would technically be a loss… but gives us 5 to spend. If we plan to stay well within the 105 loss per 3 years, it doesn’t really matter.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A stinker of a game yet he won a penalty and played a key part in the second goal. No wonder the celtic fan don't like him!

He should be here playing. The kids we have right now aren't up to it, and the senior pros are getting a kicking for having to play with guys who are making at most 20 touches per game, playing it safe and never taking it on. It concerns me that none of them have even had a chance yet.

I don't get the Scotland move. If it came from his dad then he needs to stop listening to him. Playing in the only league in the world where people think you should be able to kick opponents legs and it shouldn't be a foul.

Also, how bad is Tavernier as a defender? Takes the pens so he scores a lot but all the rangers highlights he's at fault pretty much every time they concede. I'd love to play Rangers with a fully fit Cunha and Neto available.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to credit the majority of Rangers fans who are rightly calling him out for his antics yesterday.

I also don't understand why he's doing it though. He was never that bad for us, was he? He would throw himself down a bit, but not to this degree, and the rest of the Rangers team aren't as bad as him, so I can't say it's coming from them.

From his hugging the Ipswich players to crying at Sheffield United and all those theatrics yesterday, I think emotionally and mentally Silva is nowhere near where he needs to be.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to credit the majority of Rangers fans who are rightly calling him out for his antics yesterday.

I also don't understand why he's doing it though. He was never that bad for us, was he? He would throw himself down a bit, but not to this degree, and the rest of the Rangers team aren't as bad as him, so I can't say it's coming from them.

From his hugging the Ipswich players to crying at Sheffield United and all those theatrics yesterday, I think emotionally and mentally Silva is nowhere near where he needs to be.
Just ain’t suited to UK football is he. Portugal and Spain where the game is more adaptable to his style of play. Probably feel more at home.

Like you say mentally I wouldn’t like to doubt him but something isn’t quite 100%

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He won the penalty, which I don't care what anyone says, whether hes going down before is touched is completely irrelevant, is an absolute stone wall penalty.

He also played a part in their second goal, yet the focus is on him rolling around, when Chan does that at least 3 times a game.
Mentally not right but played a part in two goals? Hmmm.
I don't understand why he's being sent up to a league full of David Batty's, as if in 2024 that was ever going to be good for his development.
Football up there hasn't changed since the 90s. I don't like rolling around but being expected to stay up if someone clips your ankles, what sort of bull**** is that? It just leads a league full of technically diabolical cloggers, which is what Scottish football is. Throw yourself at it and hope you get the ball and wonder why noone outside of glasgow gives a ****.

Back
Top Bottom