Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comments like this and the Ali Dia one are ridiculous. Yes we overpaid, but he was a legitimately elite youth striker and he has gone on to score goals in the Premier League and Europa League knock-outs. That already puts him in the top 1% of all professional players.
I don't accept that. The Premier Lg is chock full, and always has been, of bang average players. Just because you've played a few Prem games and even scored in 1 or 2 doesn't automatically qualify you as a decent player. Most promoted sides consist of Championship level players and that's why most go straight back down again. Silva is an over-priced, over-paid and over-hyped young lad who through no fault of his own found himself thrust into the limelight too early, too young and too under-prepared. I'm sure he has some limited ability but it's so far off the level Wolves are aiming for that his future lies a long way away from the West Midlands.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comments like this and the Ali Dia one are ridiculous. Yes we overpaid, but he was a legitimately elite youth striker and he has gone on to score goals in the Premier League and Europa League knock-outs. That already puts him in the top 1% of all professional players.
Thanks for the reminder. I should have mention Ali Dia myself lol

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to think where we might be if we'd moved Fabio on and landed Viktor Gyokeres

Once the Portuguese club said they wanted Gyokores, we didn’t have a chance as that was his preferred choice to get him as his mind was made up based on stuff I was told.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to think where we might be if we'd moved Fabio on and landed Viktor Gyokeres
Would he have done any better than Hwang has? Obviously he would when Hwang was injured or not here.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this was the week before hardly any of this would be being said, as he scored.

The week before he was getting praise online from Rangers fans for his moment and game intelligence.

Give him a ****ing break.

WHY OH WHY do we have to assassinate players!!
Amusing thing is here, if i looked back, i dare say there’s people slating him who were also angry at the club for allegedly leaving us short!

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he have done any better than Hwang has? Obviously he would when Hwang was injured or not here.
He'd have given us an option we don't have in the squad right now rather than half a season with two blokes on the bench O'Neil had no intention of using. Definitely open to debate whether we'd have been better off or not, but I reckon we would

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched 15 mins of rangers and silva ...awful , no movement, no pace ........then I watched hojlund for man united....light years apart !!!
But silvas only young ....oh hang on , so is hojlund

Hojlund didn't score in his first 15 games for United, before scoring on Boxing Day, now has scored every game since.

When you watched Hojlund recently, you were watching the result of him having an extended stint in the team... if you watched him early in the season, I'm sure you would think he's as useless as you think Fabio is.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hojlund didn't score in his first 15 games for United, before scoring on Boxing Day, now has scored every game since.

When you watched Hojlund recently, you were watching the result of him having an extended stint in the team... if you watched him early in the season, I'm sure you would think he's as useless as you think Fabio is.
Fair comment. However Fabio didn’t look half the player this season that he was under Lage and the 2-1 home win over the vile. He ran everywhere that game

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does he think he is too good for the Championship? Why does he keep getting loaned to big 'Glamour' clubs, only to spend most of his time sitting on the bench. While I appreciate that a lot of this may not be under his control, I would like to see him grind it out in the Championship for a year starting every week and showing us what he can do. Then I think we would be able to make a fair and accurate assessment of him.
He's not good enough for the Championship, sadly. Only La Liga, the Bundesliga, Serie A and obviously the PL are stronger as a whole. French League about the same level.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair comment. However Fabio didn’t look half the player this season that he was under Lage and the 2-1 home win over the vile. He ran everywhere that game

Yeah, I have to say I've been impressed by Hojlund after writing him off.... and disappointed with Fabio's failure to kick on after seeing a lot of early promising signs.

Still not prepared to give up on him though.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say I've been impressed by Hojlund after writing him off.... and disappointed with Fabio's failure to kick on after seeing a lot of early promising signs.

Still not prepared to give up on him though.
Intriguing this; how does he get game time with Wolves, esp assuming we do at last bring in a no 9 in the summer? We can't keep loaning him out. FFS, he'll have played in every league in Europe before long! I think at some stage very soon we have to accept it hasn't worked out and sell him for what ever we can get.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Intriguing this; how does he get game time with Wolves, esp assuming we do at last bring in a no 9 in the summer? We can't keep loaning him out. FFS, he'll have played in every league in Europe before long! I think at some stage very soon we have to accept it hasn't worked out and sell him for what ever we can get.

I've accepted he won't ever be a star for Wolves. Not so petty to not want him to succeed elsewhere though. I like the guy, despite a lot of criticism he gets he's a good guy and deserves success.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hardly

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

These players look extraordinarily different purely on the eye test. Good heavens I wish Fabio's physical skills, desire, and general talent were as obvious as Hojlund's.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had Dave Edwards play in the prem ffs, alongside Jonsson at one stage as well :tearsofjoy:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if he's not starting, hopefully he can regularly get on for last 30mins or so, get some goals and confidence etc...
'Oh we're 4-0 nil up, time to bring on Silva when it doesn't really matter'. The goal will be good for him but I expect him/Wolves would rather he be getting 90 mins rather than 15-30 now and again.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I’m in a pub here on Bute, having just watched Scotland beat England, and I just overheard people talking highly about his goal today. I haven’t seen it myself.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff is the one who wanted and coveted Fabio and pushed to make the deal happen.
With a massive amount of influence from Medes I should imagine, who pocketed £8m from the deal I read.

Back
Top Bottom