Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is developing nicely as in Belgium; i just hope that he continues to improve and produces that for Wolves. He is a confidence player BECAUSE OF HIS YOUTH, like others above!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player of the match today

Goal

Was touted for impressive hold up play and impressive defy touches which we know he can do just hasnt been showing it
Think he's just put himself under massive pressure when he's put on a Wolves shirt and has struggled. Watched the first half of the Rangers game today and he was doing backheels, took his goal first time on his wrong foot, wonderful effort with the outside of his right, looked a talent and looked confident. We probably won't see it in a Wolves top, think his relationship with this club has too much baggage for him. He knows one wrong step and he gets dogs abuse. Shame, there is definitely a player in there, we've just been terrible for him and his development

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell. Attitude, application and just not very good.

Get what we can, if anything. Any value is dwindling on each loan.

Cutrone II

At least cutrone had scored goals in senior football, plus he was forced out of his club much to his disappointment and sadness as he was a fan of them too.

Cutrone is one I genuinely feel so sorry for, he never recovered from being forced out of his boyhood club, scored the winner in Milan derby too.

At £18m a far more sensible punt based on fee and the fact he had senior level professional goals in a top league. Also it is one that doesn’t hurt too badly if it doesn’t work as for a striker that isn’t big money.

£35m on a pretty much unproven kid who barely played senior football, is a move that we couldn’t and shouldn’t have made looking at the state of our finances and near FFP issues for the fee paid.

Cutrone was a reasonable gamble that failed, understandable and a fee that wasn’t crazy or out landish

Fabio, is a Jeff vanity project and has failed massively if you look at how much fee, wages and bonus to his dad cost…. Not the players fault in regards to transfer fee. But he was never worth that value of money!

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just watched his post match interview and he comes across as a really sensible fella.

Incidentally one of the comments said they played the theme tune from Boon - lyrics are hi ho silver :)

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but the 'point' is Livingston are a tiny club, capacity of 9,500, and bottom of the Scottish premiership.

Also true. I really think that the point of him being up there is to get a pile of goals for a shark in a pool of minnows so that we can flog him for as much as possible.

Because he’s not going to cut it here (opinion)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just watched his post match interview and he comes across as a really sensible fella.

Incidentally one of the comments said they played the theme tune from Boon - lyrics are hi ho silver :)
Yeah they were playing it (it seemed on repeat!) at half time

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he may come good at this level . If so , a good move.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

It depends, if he comes back from Rangers, and they give him game time, and he adjusts and is able to play in the Premier League, I say, give the guy a chance. Maybe he just needs more experience, as a young lad, being brought into Wolves with high expectations. When he finishes his loan. We will either sell him, or he will go in, and then show Gary he has more tricks and skills, and pace. And Gary might change his mind about him. At the moment, I think Gary did give him a run in, and he didn't finish his chances. Which was a shame. As a striker, you have to be taking your chances.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends, if he comes back from Rangers, and they give him game time, and he adjusts and is able to play in the Premier League, I say, give the guy a chance. Maybe he just needs more experience, as a young lad, being brought into Wolves with high expectations. When he finishes his loan. We will either sell him, or he will go in, and then show Gary he has more tricks and skills, and pace. And Gary might change his mind about him. At the moment, I think Gary did give him a run in, and he didn't finish his chances. Which was a shame. As a striker, you have to be taking your chances.

Agree with that. I still think if he'd scored one of those vs Brighton or Everton it changes everything.

Note both of those chances were from 'running in behind' which is apparently what GON wants?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

worth a read.
They reckon he has got “pace”.
Hmmmm…….

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he really is being held back by not enough top level football and it is difficult to determine if he does have the skill set top strikers require. Still time to improve his game but he certainly needs plenty of game time. Hopefully Rangers will give him a few starts, he will score a few goals and turn out to be a desirable asset. Not sure O'Neil is going to play him next season but it's up to Fabio to show people he is a decent prospect at the top level.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently played well today- scored but no matter what he does people will never see beyond theprice tag and will always blame him. Still alot more work for him to do in Scotland.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently played well today- scored but no matter what he does people will never see beyond theprice tag and will always blame him. Still alot more work for him to do in Scotland.
I don't think that is true (or fair).

See Matheus Cunha for an example of improving sufficiently to make your price tag irrelevant.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Fabio's goal... (Scroll down a bit.)

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back on the bench which I think is going to be the way of things for now as Dessers is in form and scoring.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best we can probably hope for at this point is £5m or so from Rangers tbh.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strikers who have scored 1 in 3 in the Low Countries and Scotland have gone for decent money. Or they did when the likes of Utd were splashing the cash. They're poor leagues and slow, but consistent goals will get a decent £££ for him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still not writing Fabio off. Number nines are notoriously late developers. I’ll give you Toney and Solanke as two classic examples.
I agree but there's no chance he plays for Wolves under O'Neil IMO. Seems clear they had issues.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still not writing Fabio off. Number nines are notoriously late developers. I’ll give you Toney and Solanke as two classic examples.
I think Fabio will make a decent player....just not sure he has the build for Premier league...think he would do fine in la liga or a similar league.....it doesn't make him less of a player....just less suited to the premier league....the other two you mentioned are both physical...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fabio will make a decent player....just not sure he has the build for Premier league...think he would do fine in la liga or a similar league.....it doesn't make him less of a player....just less suited to the premier league....the other two you mentioned are both physical...

Yeah, he's just not in the same league as Toney and Solanke when it comes to being an out and out Premier League number 9.

Who are the current top PL forwards?

Haaland
Isak
Watkins
Solanke
Toney

Then you have the up and coming ones, who have shown glimpses, but not consistency....

Hojlund
Ferguson
Nunez

They're all 6ft plus, mobile, can hold up the ball and run in behind, and can finish.

i.e. Not Fabio Silva

He's a support striker. He's a Neil Maupay. No more, no less.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Strikers who have scored 1 in 3 in the Low Countries and Scotland have gone for decent money. Or they did when the likes of Utd were splashing the cash. They're poor leagues and slow, but consistent goals will get a decent £££ for him.
It's a poor league up here, but one thing it isn't is slow. It's 100 mph, with many who have moved up from the English leagues really struggling with the pace.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, he's just not in the same league as Toney and Solanke when it comes to being an out and out Premier League number 9.

Haaland
Isak
Watkins
Solanke
Toney

Then you have the up and coming ones, who have shown glimpses, but not consistency....

Hojlund
Ferguson
Nunez

They're all 6ft plus, mobile, can hold up the ball and run in behind, and can finish.

i.e. Not Fabio Silva

I agree....he lacks pace as well which can sometimes hide a lack of physicality...he is no more physical than he was 3 seasons ago...so it not down to growing up as such....

I don't doubt he can have a fairly decent career....he just needs to find a league that will suit him....la liga or somewhere.....and for our sake and his , it needs to happen very soon... personally I would have pushed him towards la liga in January..

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Haaland
Isak
Watkins
Solanke
Toney

Hojlund
Ferguson
Nunez

i.e. Not Fabio Silva

Tired old ground. I'm not sure where Fabio will end up but Solanke is 26 and has done very little until this season. Toney is nearly 28. Both have matured physically quite considerably over the last couple of years. Btw he's over 6 foot himself...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree....he lacks pace as well which can sometimes hide a lack of physicality...he is no more physical than he was 3 seasons ago...so it not down to growing up as such....

I don't doubt he can have a fairly decent career....he just needs to find a league that will suit him....la liga or somewhere.....and for our sake and his , it needs to happen very soon... personally I would have pushed him towards la liga in January..

Agreed, as a second striker in a southern European league, he could do very well.

Back
Top Bottom