Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To think a few seasons back he was on the touchline laughing at Hwang. Should have been taking some notes on how not to be a fanny and to make the best of what you’re given. Top clubs would pay big money for Hwang right now, mid clubs wouldn’t take Fabio on a free as it stands

loppers86

Reaction score
To think a few seasons back he was on the touchline laughing at Hwang. Should have been taking some notes on how not to be a fanny and to make the best of what you’re given. Top clubs would pay big money for Hwang right now, mid clubs wouldn’t take Fabio on a free as it stands
unfortunately very true. i have always tried to support him and hoped he would come good.

much like the above posts in this thread, the first time i saw him, i was truly shocked at how bad he was (in the same way as when i saw blobby taylor miss that one-on-one on his debut at the south bank end), i just knew we had been sold a pup.

i fell for the emperor’s new clothes much as jeff did, now i think it’s time to call it for what it is, and sell him for whatever we can get from whoever will buy him.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the Wolves fans were aligned with his thinking about Hwang at the time

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe Hwang saw that and it helped motivate him to get to his current levels, therefore making it Fabio's biggest contribution to Wolves?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you lot, he was an unused sub in one game. Give him a chance for ****s sake.
I think its about a bit more than him being sub for a game though isn't it? If we're all honest with ourselves he's a bit crap and we are seriously going to struggle to make any money back at all?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you lot, he was an unused sub in one game. Give him a chance for ****s sake.
Did you read the linked article? It's a Rangers view that is saying something similar to what we saw when he was with us.

Despite getting time on the pitch for Wolves and PSV and Anderlecht, he does not appear to have developed or moved on significantly, despite now being several years older.

Posters are just intimating that he may not, after all, be our future.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the Wolves fans were aligned with his thinking about Hwang at the time
What happened to Hwang? He worked hard for his place, then the ball hit him on the shoulder when he went up for a header and landed in the net, and suddenly turned into a lethal finisher.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
It appears that he just doesn't have the right attitude, mental toughness or drive to be the best he can be or make it at the top levels of football. From his youth career obviously had some football ability but when you get to the professional game that is just nowhere near enough. Strikes me as in his mind he thinks he has "made it" and the penny hasnt dropped that getting to the Prem was just the first step, there's a whole staircase to actually be a player in this league. Won't be the first kid and won't be the last to just drift away.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears that he just doesn't have the right attitude, mental toughness or drive to be the best he can be or make it at the top levels of football. From his youth career obviously had some football ability but when you get to the professional game that is just nowhere near enough. Strikes me as in his mind he thinks he has "made it" and the penny hasnt dropped that getting to the Prem was just the first step, there's a whole staircase to actually be a player in this league. Won't be the first kid and won't be the last to just drift away.
I expect he'll be the first £35 mil kid to just drift away. If he doesn't hack it at Rangers v the likes of St Mirren and Kilmarnock, not too sure where he goes after that?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect he'll be the first £35 mil kid to just drift away. If he doesn't hack it at Rangers v the likes of St Mirren and Kilmarnock, not too sure where he goes after that?
Exactly what was going to be my reply to @djmikeydickens. It's astounding that Silva doesn't seem to be able to hack it against the equivalent of L1/L2 opposition while playing for the second best team in Scottish football.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I think he'll end up back in Portugal or similar quality league with a mid table team on a significantly lower wage. But he would of made a killing from us. The money we've spent on his wage and transfer fee is just awful business for us. Lucky for Jeff and Co we do get quite a few right!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boils my **** that he's still the highest earner in the squad. He should give half to charity
A reminder, Anderlecht paid the entirety of his wages. Anderlecht pay on average around €600k per year to their players, they do not pay the sums Facebook report him to be on on borrowing unproven kids

In other words, he's nowhere near our top earner, he's on nowhere the money people keep repeating, so your **** shouldn't be boiling at all. Problem is people believe this crap and use it to get wound up about the kid, which is another thing that really has not helped

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't follow Scottish football - can I ask if he's actually kicked a ball in anger for them since he went up there?
Yes, he has. He played 20 min in a friendly, 70 min in a league game, and I think there was another game in there?

Then he was an unused sub at the weekend, which didn't feel great.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio doesn´t have a single standout thing he does really well.
He ain´t strong enough,he ain´t fast enough,he ain´t football smart enough.Cannot dribble past a guy and rather weak in the air as cherry on top.
I am sorry but the guy is all wrong for english football.
Maybe he can cut it type Rio Ave level,,but I totally fail to see him hacking it any higher up than that to be frank.

jeb01

Reaction score
I just hope Hobbs can work hard on finding some Portuguese or Spanish club that will pay us, say, £10 m or thereabouts, and get rid.
He’s never been up to the EPL, and is now struggling in the SPL.
I suppose the worst case scenario is to cancel his contract and set him loose. We are still some way off that I guess, but if we don’t find a buyer by the end of this summer I wouldn’t be entirely surprised.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll end up back in Portugal or similar quality league with a mid table team on a significantly lower wage. But he would have made a killing from us. The money we've spent on his wage and transfer fee is just awful business for us. Lucky for Jeff and Co we do get quite a few right!
I still think it was just paying off Mouts, Neves, Jota etc etc by other means. Either that or the equivalent of buying a carwash in breaking bad. Something didn’t add up.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you can't get in the rangers 11 coming from the prem then you have got problems imo . The league is utter **** .

Just have to hope he plays and scores goals or he will be a huge flop next season if he comes back having had 15 appearances most off the bench and two goals to his name .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of Silva‘s critics have been labelled harsh and unreasonable. , using his price tag unfairly .
By playing in Scotland we are able to see and read another more independent view point. They didn’t pay £30 million for him.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes, he has. He played 20 min in a friendly, 70 min in a league game, and I think there was another game in there?

Then he was an unused sub at the weekend, which didn't feel great.
So no then. He's hardly played

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps I don't understand the phrase.

Regardless, they have had a look and initial returns are very bad, especially because their other striker he's competing with has actually been scoring (2 in 2 anyway).

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell. Attitude, application and just not very good.

Get what we can, if anything. Any value is dwindling on each loan.

Cutrone II

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you think that is?

Do you think Silva gas been 'electric' in training, banging-in goals for fund with a positive attitude and a team mentality, but the coaches don't pick him, despite this?

Or

Do you think Silva might not have lived-up to his dwindling reputation and Clement and his staff prefer the bloke they bought from ****hole FC instead as he's a more reliable source of footballing ability?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much of a Silva fan and always said it was a truly awful deal that was a disaster for our club progress but some of the nonsense here is a little daft isn't it? Give him a chance in Scotland before sticking the knives in ffs.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not much of a Silva fan and always said it was a truly awful deal that was a disaster for our club progress but some of the nonsense here is a little daft isn't it? Give him a chance in Scotland before sticking the knives in ffs.
Agree. Feels like it will fall in deaf ears but none of what has happened is Fabio’s fault.

Back
Top Bottom