Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like Dessers, a striker Rangers paid £4m for in the summer, has started scoring goals. Most likely means Silva will be reduced to the bench for the rest of the season, further reducing his stock. It has to be said most of our loans have been dreadful this season.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It looks like Dessers, a striker Rangers paid £4m for in the summer, has started scoring goals. Most likely means Silva will be reduced to the bench for the rest of the season, further reducing his stock. It has to be said most of our loans have been dreadful this season.
Silva also did absolutely nothing with his time.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unused sub today.

We just need to cut our losses.
Just seen that on the BBC Sport site. Rangers used 5 subs and he wasn't one of them. They were only 1-0 up v the mighty St Mirren; you might have thought they'd get Silva on to get another goal or 2? I agree, we just need to get shot. Could send him to Maidstone and get some tips from big George!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His confidence must be destroyed really.

We've just got to manage the wage and amortisation now I suppose. Nobody is buying him for any decent money.
The way things have gone and are going, he'll end up going to Portugal or Spain for a £3m fee. Rangers preferred to bring on winger Matondo with a few minutes left, which says it all.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did start their last game so hopefully just a one off that he didn’t feature.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit unfair to criticise someone for not coming on as a sub.
I think our concern is that he didn't make the Rangers starting x1. Surely the whole point of sending him out on another loan was to give him game time? He'd have been better going to some Champs club.

dougandiehard

Reaction score
Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market. This poor sole is our worst, closely followed by Cutrone.

Need to move him on but £3m quoted above looks high to me !

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Have to say the longer it goes on the less I feel that we messed him up 'by throwing him in too soon', or he 'got the wrong loans', or he's 'short on confidence', and the more I feel he's just not very good.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He must be awful in training for every manager to not want to start with him

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was never a generational talent, it’s as simple as that. Unfortunately, we were the club that listened to someone that said he was and trusted the hype without doing the required analysis.

Saying he hasn’t lived up to expectations………..Well, whose expectations were they? Only those of people who stood to benefit from a large monetary gain, I’m afraid.

Ever heard the saying, you’ve been sold a pup.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has no pace, he’s very poor in the air, he doesn’t dominate physically, he’s not particularly good at dribbling. He can’t hold up the ball well. He’s not a CF.
He can finish ok and would probably bag some in a highly dominant side that created a lot of chances. But in any normal side he doesn’t have anything in his game to make things happen.

I still believe he was just the transfer equivalent of a mafia favour.

‘Remember all the Neves, Jota’s and Moutinho’s you’ve been having. Well it’s time to pay the piper Jeffery’

**pushes confused poodle like striker across the table**

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has no pace, he’s very poor in the air, he doesn’t dominate physically, he’s not particularly good at dribbling. He can’t hold up the ball well. He’s not a CF.
He can finish ok and would probably bag some in a highly dominant side that created a lot of chances. But in any normal side he doesn’t have anything in his game to make things happen.

I still believe he was just the transfer equivalent of a mafia favour.

‘Remember all the Neves, Jota’s and Moutinho’s you’ve been having. Well it’s time to pay the piper Jeffery’

**pushes confused poodle like striker across the table**
He did smooth the Nunes deal over as well as was possible. I still believe that was a mea culpa for Silva & Guedes.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't afford to sell him until we have some breathing room on PSR, getting the wages off the books is the best option, that's going to be increasingly tricky though.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have said all along that I would have liked Fabio to be loaned to a championship club for the season where he is likely to start most games. Loaning him to Coventry as a replacement for Gyokeres would have been perfect and would have given us a really good idea of where he is at. I can't help feeling that going to Rangers is a bit of a cop out somehow.
It’s looking that way . He doesn’t seem to want to fight for a place . That has to change or he will drift in to oblivion.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much we can do really.
He isn´t suited for playing top football in England or Scotland.
We should sell him if there is any interest in Portugal or Spain.
If not..the contract is to be runned out.
He will never ever hack it with us.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all so premature.

Any minute now, him and Gui Finkler will become an ace partnership and start knocking the goals in.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Easy option compared to the championship.
Daryl Murphy, Pukki, Clayton Donaldson, Ricardo Vaz Te, Joey Barton, Francis Jeffers, James Beattie, Tore Andre Flo, Jiri Jarosik, Thomas Gravesen, Henri Camara, El-Haji Djouf, Jeremie Alliadiere, Dion Dublin, and several other abject failures up here disagree. ;)

Merthyrwolf

Reaction score
I remember the hype when he signed and thought wow, 35 million for a kid, he must be some player. Then I watched his first game full of anticipation of what he could do. Was I shocked as I immediately saw he did not have a clue and frankly could not see how he could be improved/coached to anything like a decent standard. No doubt there is a place for him in the game, but I would not be able to predict at what level he will succeed. Write the fee off asap.

Back
Top Bottom