Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
give him a new hair cut and tell him to fight for his place, ain't nowhere better than the PL. If he doe like that plan send him to Walsall.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said in the summer, we probably had a decent chance to sell and cut some of our losses......

I've always backed him but it's in both sides interest to move on...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For various reasons (some his, some outside his control) it’s not worked for him here and I think it’s fairly clear it never will. Personally I say cut our losses and move on for everyone’s sake.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did ok last night, missing a chance ( but so do lots of other strikers like the much more expensive Nunez of Liverpool).

Would like to think he would become the brilliant striker we were led to believe we were getting but I don't think he was handled very well at Wolves and has obviously lost his way and confidence, as well as match sharpness.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did ok last night, missing a chance ( but so do lots of other strikers like the much more expensive Nunez of Liverpool).

Would like to think he would become the brilliant striker we were led to believe we were getting but I don't think he was handled very well at Wolves and has obviously lost his way and confidence, as well as match sharpness.
he is playing in a pub league for a team that win every match pretty much. if he cant get confident there he has no hope.

i think he was loaned to avoid us crystalising a book loss which adversely affects FFP. The club know he is probably worth less but by getting him playing they might convince the auditors not to write his value down

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feel like we’ve moved on now with Hwang and Cunha forming a partnership, plus Fraser looking the more likely prospect to cut it in the Premier league. If we bring in a traditional no 9 then I see Fabio as possibly fifth choice.
Sell in the summer with a sell on clause and hopefully Fabio can return to a league where the pace of the game suits him better.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

this. he will have a decent enough career on the continent, not as a 9 either - think hes more of a supporting player like a 10 or the old inside left

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Rangers fans were fairly complimentary about his performance last nite. Maybe he's found his level. Dunno.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does well at Rangers we might get £10m or so for him in the summer, a mere £25m loss, not taking into account his high wages... 70k or so a week?
If he does badly we will struggle to get even £10m and he will be loaned out again to a club like Anderlecht....with further prayers that he can actually score a few goals and prevent his value from plummeting even more.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does well at Rangers we might get £10m or so for him in the summer, a mere £25m loss, not taking into account his high wages... 70k or so a week?
If he does badly we will struggle to get even £10m and he will be loaned out again to a club like Anderlecht....with further prayers that he can actually score a few goals and prevent his value from plummeting even more.
Sad when you think that’s the Neves profit ****ed up the wall…..

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he is.... Unfortunately he has a price tag and is blamed for that.
If only that video told the truth. He was signed as a goalscorer. He just isn't one....at the top level at least. If only he was. His link up play is pretty good and he is a bit more physically robust now. However overall his game has been unconvincing. Its a bit of a tragedy as he is a nice guy and all that. Perhaps he is too nice to succeed in the ruthless role of striker. We will see what happens at Rangers in a lower tier of football. But I will be very surprised if he is not sold or at least loaned out again in the summer.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's just hope he continues to get starts at Rangers. He's fighting for his top-flight career at this point.

Hopefully things look better in summer. It's a shame the money on his transfer was wasted, but if it's an expensive lesson then so be it. At this point the transfer fee amortization is just about done, right? One more year? So the pain will be over soon.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he could have done something in this team rather than the version of us at the start of the season. But it’s just not going to happen for him here; the price tag is a millstone round his neck for both him and a section of the fan base.

Sell for a modest fee but a big sell on.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This video makes him look half-decent...

He absolutely is... but unfortunately, we're playing against teams where half-decent won't cut it, week in and week out.

His fault? No.

But we've got a decision to make.

(But, he's scored against them lot... so he's forever alright by me :))

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Said in the summer, we probably had a decent chance to sell and cut some of our losses......

I've always backed him but it's in both sides interest to move on...
I agree with you. We've had several managers now that aren't convinced about him. They can't all be wrong.
We've got hardly any striker cover, and we still think its a good idea to load him out now, says it all really.

It's a shame because I really wanted him to do well, and thought he might get a proper chance this year with our limited transfer options.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep him here only if Albion get promoted.

On the basis that 50% of his 4 Premier League goals were against Albion.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep him here only if Albion get promoted.

On the basis that 50% of his 4 Premier League goals were against Albion.

Could we reloan him back just for sunday?

It's an interesting point though. That 50% of his goals were against one of the worst teams the PL has ever seen. And last season, he had a pattern of scoring for Anderlecht against the weaker teams, then struggled more when moving from the Belgian league to the higher ranked Dutch league. All suggests that his level is top end of the Championship at best.

Still young, so I think he could well eventually end up scoringa a few for a mid-level top division side. Don't think he's going to ever be a real top striker though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we reloan him back just for sunday?

It's an interesting point though. That 50% of his goals were against one of the worst teams the PL has ever seen. And last season, he had a pattern of scoring for Anderlecht against the weaker teams, then struggled more when moving from the Belgian league to the higher ranked Dutch league. All suggests that his level is top end of the Championship at best.

Still young, so I think he could well eventually end up scoringa a few for a mid-level top division side. Don't think he's going to ever be a real top striker though.

Yeah, his other goals were against Burnley and West Ham. We didn't win one game in which he scored (W0, D1, L3).

Just never cut out for PL football was he.

fleck1

Reaction score
he is playing in a pub league for a team that win every match pretty much. if he cant get confident there he has no hope.

i think he was loaned to avoid us crystalising a book loss which adversely affects FFP. The club know he is probably worth less but by getting him playing they might convince the auditors not to write his value down
I find it odd anyone sees him as worthless. I think a mixture of the fee and how he has been handled by us clouds some peoples judgements. I'm sure there are loads of comparisons but the only recent one that comes to mind to come from the apparent pub league Fabio performed in last year is Cody Gakpo, who is 3 years older and was signed for £37m plus add on's. His break out season was 21/22 and he finished on 20 goals, 4 more than the younger and worthless Fabio?
Was he worth £35m as a 17 year old absolutely not, but he had no say in the fee. Raul's injury is probably the most unfortunate part of all this, because peoples mind were made up when we slung a 17/18 year old with very little senior football in and expected him to carry us. He's 3rd on the Portuguese u21 all time scorers and still going, coupled with last season shows he knows where the goal is. I'm sure he will go on to have a very good career in Spain, Portugal, Italy etc and end up with full international honours.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only that video told the truth. He was signed as a goalscorer. He just isn't one....at the top level at least. If only he was. His link up play is pretty good and he is a bit more physically robust now. However overall his game has been unconvincing. Its a bit of a tragedy as he is a nice guy and all that. Perhaps he is too nice to succeed in the ruthless role of striker. We will see what happens at Rangers in a lower tier of football. But I will be very surprised if he is not sold or at least loaned out again in the summer.

That just makes the signing look even worse! The kid had only one professional goal to his name at the time, and that was a tap-in to an empty net.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea. I just don't consider him to be a Wolves player, such has been his distance from the main players since he arrived - just a name that people argue about on forums.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully he shows something here soon at Rangers. His performances earlier this season were so startlingly bad. There has to be a psychological block with him or something. It was like he was dissociating on the pitch and totally losing his head.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he cost the same as Toti we wouldn’t be thinking twice about him. He is miles off our standard or PL standard, I still can’t see what attributes he has - no pace, weak, poor in the air.

Hopefully we can get a few quid for him in the summer and we can all move on. He will need to have a decent return in the second need half of the Scottish season to maximise his sale price - €10m max I would have thought.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it odd anyone sees him as worthless. I think a mixture of the fee and how he has been handled by us clouds some peoples judgements. I'm sure there are loads of comparisons but the only recent one that comes to mind to come from the apparent pub league Fabio performed in last year is Cody Gakpo, who is 3 years older and was signed for £37m plus add on's. His break out season was 21/22 and he finished on 20 goals, 4 more than the younger and worthless Fabio?
Was he worth £35m as a 17 year old absolutely not, but he had no say in the fee. Raul's injury is probably the most unfortunate part of all this, because peoples mind were made up when we slung a 17/18 year old with very little senior football in and expected him to carry us. He's 3rd on the Portuguese u21 all time scorers and still going, coupled with last season shows he knows where the goal is. I'm sure he will go on to have a very good career in Spain, Portugal, Italy etc and end up with full international honours.
Didnt say he was worthless. But not worth what his asset value is in our books. Totally different thing. I think his biggest issue is attitude but that might change as he matures

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see a player with good close control, a great touch, not much pace, and good movement that gets him into a lot of good positions for chances.
It's up to him whether he makes the necessary improvements to his finishing to make the grade at this level. I think in the long run he probably will, but I think I'm in the minority here. I don't mind that.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have said all along that I would have liked Fabio to be loaned to a championship club for the season where he is likely to start most games. Loaning him to Coventry as a replacement for Gyokeres would have been perfect and would have given us a really good idea of where he is at. I can't help feeling that going to Rangers is a bit of a cop out somehow.

Beaumont2112

Groupie
Reaction score
Have said all along that I would have liked Fabio to be loaned to a championship club for the season where he is likely to start most games. Loaning him to Coventry as a replacement for Gyokeres would have been perfect and would have given us a really good idea of where he is at. I can't help feeling that going to Rangers is a bit of a cop out somehow.
And he is on the bench again today

Back
Top Bottom