Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What is your Wolves superstition?

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Drinking my last pint and deciding which shirt I will wear, which TV I’ll watch on, which side of the couch I’ll watch from, and what (if any) lucky foods I’ll eat before the 8 am USA kick. Bonus on if I should go out for coffee, brew my own, or drink cold brew that’s been waiting for me in the fridge but has been soaking up bad vibes with the new manager search. Nothing has worked so far this season if you can’t tell.

I’ve been over enough times to know that I’m less crazy than a few of you (that’s a complement btw), so if it’s not bad luck to share—what’s your go-to Match Day superstition?

(Bonus—at Molineux I always rub Telford Wolves’ Mark Hadley’s brick by the ticket office for luck as it gave us the Neves/Derby goal back in the day)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
When we are at home I always wear my away shirt and when we are away I wear my home shirt.I have done it for a few years and can only presume we won when I first did it and have continued the superstition ever since .

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drinking my last pint and deciding which shirt I will wear, which TV I’ll watch on, which side of the couch I’ll watch from, and what (if any) lucky foods I’ll eat before the 8 am USA kick. Bonus on if I should go out for coffee, brew my own, or drink cold brew that’s been waiting for me in the fridge but has been soaking up bad vibes with the new manager search. Nothing has worked so far this season if you can’t tell.

I’ve been over enough times to know that I’m less crazy than a few of you (that’s a complement btw), so if it’s not bad luck to share—what’s your go-to Match Day superstition?

(Bonus—at Molineux I always rub Telford Wolves’ Mark Hadley’s brick by the ticket office for luck as it gave us the Neves/Derby goal back in the day)
Thank God you said brick, and not ‘p rick‘ Alex! i know Mark too, a top bloke and well worth rubbing.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
As we won our last home match I will be wearing the same Wolves shirt as I did for the Forest game - I have had a varied wardrobe for home games this season.trying to get the right combination. NB before any asks yes my shirt has been washed - bugger will that have washed the luck away. I am stressing - wish I hadn't read this thread now

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
As we won our last home match I will be wearing the same Wolves shirt as I did for the Forest game - I have had a varied wardrobe for home games this season.trying to get the right combination. NB before any asks yes my shirt has been washed - bugger will that have washed the luck away. I am stressing - wish I hadn't read this thread now
Same here

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Snap, and for me same earrings too :) never works though, let's hope today is the exception

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same shirt today as last Saturday. (Not a Wolves one, just a grey T-shirt)

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I can't get to watch the game live I don't want to know the score until it has finished. It worked for me when we played City, Leicester, Villa away, so sticking with it.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always try n get searched by the same steward and enter the middle turnstiles......out of the 3........ sometimes is doesn't happen and in my head it's always the reason why we lose ........must do my bit to prepare before I enter the ground.........

Worked to perfection against Southampton and forest........but the middle one was broke against man city........I swear we've never won when it's doesn't fall into place ...honest....

It all started on the promotion season....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I went to games I would wear the same pair of socks, they were old as hell black socks with the badge on. Not wore them for 2 years, they're boxed up and in storage along with all my other Wolves memorabilia.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get them out the box ...these things make all the difference...
No room for them, plus wouldn't imagine the smell has helped, when I gave up the tickets and such during covid, I just packed it all up and stuck it away. Only thing I've still got within reach is one of the first shirts I got as a kid.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No room for them, plus wouldn't imagine the smell has helped, when I gave up the tickets and such during covid, I just packed it all up and stuck it away. Only thing I've still got within reach is one of the first shirts I got as a kid.
Can you wear them today......at least we won't have to watch the match worrying what that terrible wiff is.......you can suffer in the name of the course...

Plymouth Wolf

Reaction score
Totally exhausted any good luck routines, good luck clothes etc etc. What will be, will be.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve too many to mention :D. Trouble is none of them are working at the moment :weary::mad:.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this really odd superstition that you shouldn’t let a manager you’re going to sack guy your squad of all it’s fight, charachter and passion.

Silly huh.

Back
Top Bottom