Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What do we do in the short term ?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two holding midfielders, keep it as tight as possible and hope the attack can score the odd goal so we can sneak a few 1-0’s.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What angers me is i have given over 20 years of hard, loyal, committed service to my employer, and they are making me redundant in December. I have that added stress of making sure i can supply for my family in these difficult times while these overpaid, overrated ****ers wearing the old gold wolves shirt, and making ****ing amateursih decisions from above get away with it while having horrendously high salaries. They never need to worry about putting food on the table of their family. ****ed off right now. **** off shi, sellars, and half the bone idle first team.

heaven help what manager we might attract, but shi wont back down and we will be rudderless until january when we will be marooned at the bottom.
Best wishes to you - currently on the job hunt after I finished at Birmingham 2022 last month after 25 of the best months imaginable and it’s a bit tricky. But I’ll get there and you’ll get there too!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes to you - currently on the job hunt after I finished at Birmingham 2022 last month after 25 of the best months imaginable and it’s a bit tricky. But I’ll get there and you’ll get there too!
Thank you, and to those above with similar wishes. Good luck yourself.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two holding midfielders, keep it as tight as possible and hope the attack can score the odd goal so we can sneak a few 1-0’s.
Ned I am not being funny so don't think that . But Neves and Moutinhno are holding midfielders aren't they ? If they are not then God knows what I am watching. As Moutinhno can't shoot for **** and Neves is normally getting the ball in the back two .

Plus Traore with Neves the week before .

Mind you Nunes I am not sure what the **** we have signed with him at the moment . 50 million could of rebuilt the Steve bull stand and probably would have more impact.

Reactions: Ned

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we do is the more difficult part of the wider question. What we dont or should not do is the easier part.

We should not play the same system with the same lethargic useless clowns going through the motions of being a professional footballer week in, week out. If you don’t want to be here and fight for this club in the most intense and competive league in the world….**** off somewhere else !!! No one is making you collect millions of pounds a year here.

What we also should not do is repeat the mistakes of the past. Terry Connor. Enough said.

If we continue with the status quo and down the path we are currently on we are down. And we are in big ****ing trouble If that happens. Our wage bill will be huge and we would have to sell anyone of value and go back to how we operated in the jacket era.

For all those who keep saying so confidently “we wont go down”. Wake up. You are part of the problem if you can’t see that not only are the team in big trouble …. but so are the club.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What angers me is i have given over 20 years of hard, loyal, committed service to my employer, and they are making me redundant in December. I have that added stress of making sure i can supply for my family in these difficult times while these overpaid, overrated ****ers wearing the old gold wolves shirt, and making ****ing amateursih decisions from above get away with it while having horrendously high salaries. They never need to worry about putting food on the table of their family. ****ed off right now. **** off shi, sellars, and half the bone idle first team.

heaven help what manager we might attract, but shi wont back down and we will be rudderless until january when we will be marooned at the bottom.
Sorry to hear and having been in a similar position it is horrid to see. Not sure if you live in the south but if you need a hand I've got a few recruiter contacts that I can chuck a CV towards.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the pitch - There's no point getting worked up and suggesting anything because they won't act until January and even then **** knows what they'll do. They're delusional clowns who probably saw today as unlucky.

On the pitch - Change formation. How could it possibly be any worse? Have 2 up top for a start. Play with some creative idea other than 'give it to Adama and hope his cross finds our 1 man in the box'... Show some bloody fight. Brentford and Brighton are the sort of sides we bend over for because of their intensity of play, but they're not Real Madrid and Man City. At the very least make sure we give everything we have and for the love of God never play Joao Moutinho.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ned I am not being funny so don't think that . But Neves and Moutinhno are holding midfielders aren't they ? If they are not then God knows what I am watching. As Moutinhno can't shoot for **** and Neves is normally getting the ball in the back two .

Plus Traore with Neves the week before .

Mind you Nunes I am not sure what the **** we have signed with him at the moment . 50 million could of rebuilt the Steve bull stand and probably would have more impact.
Fair point. I’m thinking two players who sit and shield the defence all game, I’m not sure Moutinho knows what he is any more as a player - he’s just happy to be given the opportunity to play every week (I doubt there’s another team in the league where this would be the case).

I’m trying not to judge Nunes yet until he gets played in the holding role but it’s really ****ing hard to see where the £42m player is at the moment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a head coach to come in and rattle cages. Some of this group are a disgrace and embarrassment at present. If they dont like being told home truths then they know where the exit door is and just play the kids. Yes we will lose most games but at least they will give a ****. I am sick to the back teeth of some of our current squad. 19 year old Bueno shows more guts than quite a few of this lot. Some of this group are having it far too easy.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re waiting for something. Or someone.

3 league games before the World Cup.

Plenty of time.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a head coach to come in and rattle cages. Some of this group are a disgrace and embarrassment at present. If they dont like being told home truths then they know where the exit door is and just play the kids. Yes we will lose most games but at least they will give a ****. I am sick to the back teeth of some of our current squad. 19 year old Bueno shows more guts than quite a few of this lot. Some of this group are having it far too easy.
Bueno in a few weeks will drop into the pedestrian pace and negative play .

I would have had a few of the players on the clothes hooks after that game 4-0 at home

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear and having been in a similar position it is horrid to see. Not sure if you live in the south but if you need a hand I've got a few recruiter contacts that I can chuck a CV towards.
Thank you, I’m Shropshire based (Telford) but can work remote. Senior graphic design, design management, and print. CV and website available to anyone interested, lol.

tempted to apply for the wolves job as i feel im and ‘outstanding candidate’, lol, and no buy out clause needed Jeff, I can start next week If necessary.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Isn't that the plan already?
The only other plan seems to be that once the opposition score we give up.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you, I’m Shropshire based (Telford) but can work remote. Senior graphic design, design management, and print. CV and website available to anyone interested, lol.

tempted to apply for the wolves job as i feel im and ‘outstanding candidate’, lol, and no buy out clause needed Jeff, I can start next week If necessary.
Why not try for Jeffs job

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should try and get 4 of guedes costa podence traore hwang Campbell etc on the pitch at the same time. And two of the other Traore Nunes Neves and Moutinho. There are plenty of shapes that could accommodate this, from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing that can be done until the entire management structure is changed which, for whatever bizarre reason, doesnt seem to be a priority with fosun. This is at the root of everything and has to be addressed before anything else.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put money on this utter shower of **** to go down.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In the immediate term, get as much athleticism and running power into the side as possible. At least make the games a bit more of a physical contest.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Traore, Neves, Nunes
Adama, Guedes, Podence

Pay whatever it takes to bring Fabio back from his loan in January. We have a £35m striker on our books and he isn’t even at the club when we are the lowest scorers in the country, which is a ridiculous situation whichever way you look at it.

I don’t give a **** if it isn’t the best thing for his long-term development. Unless we find goals from somewhere, he’ll be coming back to us as a Championship club. Has a bit of character about him too and did have a bit of understanding with Podence in the games they played together.

If there is little money available for transfers, then look for some cheap Premier League experience (possibly on loan) from players who aren’t getting regular game time at their current clubs (Craig Dawson, Chris Wood)?

And for the love of God, get a Manager in this week. We can’t just drift along like this until January. Any new man needs to be in place to take advantage of having that second pre-season which the World Cup effectively gives us. If we take 0 points from the next 3 games, we may well be cut adrift which will make it even more difficult to attract any half-decent candidate, let alone an outstanding one.

We’ve already let a third of the season (with two separate runs of favourable fixtures) drift away because we weren’t prepared on or off the pitch. We can’t let it happen any longer.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind will come in under these conditions. Even saunders would've said no.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Play 433 proper
Which means if we don’t have the players for five at the back post coady

Play three midfielders and then try and spring on counter attack with Adama and another

At least mean less goals conceded

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short term, I’d probably drop all of our players in the worst form.

Guedes has had his time to sit out. Give him another go now.

Nunes and Moutinho woeful at the moment.

Jonny crap too. Semedo must come back in.

All the players, regardless of status need to know that if your **** poor, it has consequences.

Sa

Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Bueno

Neves-Traore

Adama-Guedes-Podence

Costa​

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Get in a decent DofF who can be the bridge/ buffer between Shi and the Manager.
2. Get Nuno back to be that manager.
3. Stop playing people that are not match fit
4. Return to 3/5 at the back:
Sarkic
Semedo Collins Killman Toti Bueno
Neves B Traore Nunes
Adama Costa
5. Dont even bother bringing Jonny or Moutinho on as subs, use Hodge, Ronan, Campbell, RAN, Lembikisa, Hwang.
6. Bring back Coady and Silva on 1 Jan and play them
7. Play the people that are not match fit in u21 games so they get match fit
8. Proper Pre season type intensity during the WC “break”

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Sam, Dyche or Mick any of them that can force a reaction out of these lot we need to act now

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Can only be Nuno now. (Wasn't sure a few days ago.) He'll get us all united again and fighting for a common cause.

Did this rot start with him. Yes.

Can I think of a better candidate in the short term? No
Same here. Was in the 40% that voted against bringing him back but after the 2nd half at Palace and today I am convinced leaving Davis in charge until the new year is not going to work.

For me we are getting into last throw of dice territory. That's how much of mess we are in. There's a risk with bringing Nuno back that he might not have the midas touch he had last time but I think it's now a gamble we have to take.

If the worst happens at least, I hope, Nuno would hang around and rebuild the team to come straight back up from the Championship. At least he's been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Will Nuno be interested? Will we stump up the compo to make it happen?

I would also be open to going all out for Svensson, if he still fancies it.

Whatever, we can't sit on our hands any longer. If we don't act soon we are only heading in one direction so we might as well twist before it's too late. There's a mini pre season break just round the corner, followed by the opening of the January transfer window. It would be yet more recklessness to pass up the opportunity that presents.

floydstreet

Reaction score
The manager has to be able to galvanise and lift

He also has to be able to work with what he has

Realistically a manager favouring physical aggressive football won’t work with our squad. Doesn’t mean we can’t be attacking or fast paced, but this is why I feel Dyche cannot work for example.

Back
Top Bottom