Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham Verdict

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Lage seemed to be saying, in the post match interview, that we are where we should expect to be in the league. That the fans expectation of a battle for 4th place was a consequence of our excellent January. I don't know what Lage was promised by Jeff, but Fosun have consistently stated that we are a long term project. I don't think we will see a lot of money thrown at short term gains. I do however expect the coach to select the best available team for each game.
I also expect players like Neto and neves to leave due to lack of ambition , and to be replaced by **** players like Trincao

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Southgate was there ,he won't be picking kilman or Coady.
Coady marked no one ( as usual ) at the throw in for the goal, then when it fell to Antonio,Coady just stood looking at him...no attempt to close him down or stop the pass... awful!!
And then the foot race between Antonio and Coady...Jesus, Coady lost 10 yards over 30 yards,,my gran would fancy her chances against coady

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a starting line-up like that, it was never going to be good.
It fact it was rubbish.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On this showing Hoever is not ready for the PL. He was poor today. His touch was awful and so was his positioning. Hope Jonny is getting up to speed with his fitness or we have a problem.

Not just "this showing", either. It's the norm. Is there someone at Grasshoppers we could do a swap deal with? TBH I fail to see how Hoever is any better than Burr. If anything, Burr looked the more promising of the two, without ever looking a top level player.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just "this showing", either. It's the norm. Is there someone at Grasshoppers we could do a swap deal with? TBH I fail to see how Hoever is any better than Burr. If anything, Burr looked the more promising of the two, without ever looking a top level player.
Bolla has to be a better bet than Hoever - older, regularly playing at a decent level, and a full international to boot.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when I woke up I fancied us to get a win

When i saw the team I didn’t.

Just shows if we make Europe next season we will need to get a lot more depth.

Lucky to only loose by a goal.

Negatives
Saiss had a really poor game
Without our first choice full back we lacked attacking threat
Kilman struggled at times.
Dendoncker where do I start May aswell stated at home in his pjs
Trincao Should maybe do hair commercials instead of being a footballer.
Silva looked like a lost poodle at times but was against big Centre half’s

Positives
Neto looked sharp
Sa has a great beard

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Southgate was there ,he won't be picking kilman or Coady.
Coady marked no one ( as usual ) at the throw in for the goal, then when it fell to Antonio,Coady just stood looking at him...no attempt to close him down or stop the pass... awful!!
And then the foot race between Antonio and Coady...Jesus, Coady lost 10 yards over 30 yards,,my gran would fancy her chances against coady
Kilman was great I thought. Our strengthened antonio, beat him for pace.

Give him a go in a back 4

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
I know that neither ‘exchange’ was actually an exchange but thinking about jota going and hoever coming the other way and traore and ****ing Porthos swapping, you’d have to laugh or you’d cry.

If that nutter in Russia pulled out of a challenge as readily as Trincao the world would be a better place.

Last edited:

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
At least this game puts the idea that Moutinho is finished/too slow to bed cos we couldn’t get any more pedestrian in midfield than today.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno saying it was a good performance is his equivalent of Nunos the answers are within the squad.
Beige platitudes for the media.
If Bruno really thinks that, then we are doomed, doomed I tell you...

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
when I woke up I fancied us to get a win

When i saw the team I didn’t.

Just shows if we make Europe next season we will need to get a lot more depth.

Lucky to only loose by a goal.

Negatives
Saiss had a really poor game
Without our first choice full back we lacked attacking threat
Kilman struggled at times.
Dendoncker where do I start May aswell stated at home in his pjs
Trincao Should maybe do hair commercials instead of being a footballer.
Silva looked like a lost poodle at times but was against big Centre half’s

Positives
Neto looked sharp
Sa has a great beard
Sa does have an exceptional beard. He carries off the shocking colour well. I was worried about our beard quality when both Nuno and Doc left the club!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched Lage's post match interview and he says we played well, how we wanted to play, dominated the ball. I turned off after that. I always worry when managers come out after a bad performance and say how well the team had played. Nuno did that a lot and you wonder why they do this. We fans are not stupid. We saw an unforgivably bad performance today after a poor performance at Arsenal. Was getting over today's game until heard all that - now seriously ****ed off.

D

Deleted member (smith)

two games away in three days against teams above wolves in the table…both very close but no points and no disgrace.

it is true that this team is not a top six team but some of the comments on here are far from supportive .

jeb01

Reaction score
Turgid, insipid performance.
West Ham were almost as bad first half. What a wasted opportunity that game was, and a weird team selection too.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

two games away in three days against teams above wolves in the table…both very close but no points and no disgrace.

it is true that this team is not a top six team but some of the comments on here are far from supportive .
It’s an utter disgrace that we didn’t try to attack. Utter complete disrespectful disgrace.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Second best today in all departments including the manager. In fact its fair to say that Wolves were rubbish. One shot on target in 90 minutes. How we managed to lose by just one goal is beyond me.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely baffled by the team selection. He's got it badly badly wrong.

Exposed just how much we lack any depth in the squad.
It certainly highlighted the weaknesses outside of our first choice 11.
I wouldn’t be as daft to say he did it deliberately but I hope it may have some impact come the next window.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I have to ask ......do Wolves want euro football next season?
IMHO I thought that we would get around 45/47 points and finish about halfway this campaigning

Despite 2 negative results I still think that top 8 is achieveable.
But if we are to get into the top 6 then investment is required.
Lage has done well and imo and if Fosun back him in the summer with 3/4 quality players he can then offload a couple of hangers-on who simply ain't good enough.
for the Premier league.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at today it is clear Hoever needs a loan in the Championship and we get Bolla back to compete with Semedo. Marcal needs to be leaving in the summer and replaced by Ryan Giles in the squad.

It is also becoming increasingly more obvious that we need new and different options in central midfield. I would let Dendoncker go in the summer and think Moutinho will also go and both will need replacing.

With regard to the attack it is clear to me we need another striker whoever that may be. One with pace and strength ideally. Trincao needs sending back to Barca. Replace him with MGW.

We will also need at least one new centre back if Boly and Saiss go.

What will help us this summer is we have some very good young players coming through who are both out on loan and in the u18 group in particular. The biggest area to strengthen out of all areas will be central midfield for me.

Bruno also needs to stop setting us up so negatively in some games. The last 3 games we have been set up far too negatively when there was no need. I am convinced we would not have lost both of the last two games if we had pressed better.

It is still a good season so far though and lets hope we can get back on track next weekend in what will be another tough game.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at today it is clear Hoever needs a loan in the Championship and we get Bolla back to compete with Semedo. Marcal needs to be leaving in the summer and replaced by Ryan Giles in the squad.

It is also becoming increasingly more obvious that we need new and different options in central midfield. I would let Dendoncker go in the summer and think Moutinho will also go and both will need replacing.

With regard to the attack it is clear to me we need another striker whoever that may be. One with pace and strength ideally. Trincao needs sending back to Barca. Replace him with MGW.

We will also need at least one new centre back if Boly and Saiss go.

What will help us this summer is we have some very good young players coming through who are both out on loan and in the u18 group in particular. The biggest area to strengthen out of all areas will be central midfield for me.

Bruno also needs to stop setting us up so negatively in some games. The last 3 games we have been set up far too negatively when there was no need. I am convinced we would not have lost both of the last two games if we had pressed better.

It is still a good season so far though and lets hope we can get back on track next weekend in what will be another tough game.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but I really can't see FOSUN investing in that many changes in one summer window, which is a real shame.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you say, but I really can't see FOSUN investing in that many changes in one summer window, which is a real shame.

You are probably right unfortunately.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't want to see Trincao play for us again, barely 2 minutes had passed before he bottled out of a 50 / 50 challenge. Donk bottled out too, and takes no responsibility. Kilman plays the ball out more than Donk.
I thought Chico offers more than Trincao.

I thought Fabio looked better 2nd half when he had some support.

I was under the impression that Chang had a reputation of a bull like player that runs at defenders, I've yet to see it.

I thought Toti was a little unlucky to lose out to Saiss on his return from AFCON. I do think Saiss has not quite been the same player since his return.

We all knew after January that the lack of options was going to bite us.

Imagine this team without Neves for 2 games, cos it's coming.

T

TheConcourse

If ever a football match confirmed we need a box to box attacking midfield player that was it! Declan Rice moved forward every time he had the ball and was not afraid to have a pop at goal. We have nobody like him and it’s a type of player we all know we are desperate for.

Our midfielders are too defensively minded and take the safe option of playing the ball backwards rather than forwards.

How often did we pass the ball backwards today when in decent possession?

So so boring and predictable.
Felt the same.

In his defence, Neves has been carrying the ball forward more often this season, but when he’s also needed to take the ball off our CB’s toes he can’t do it all.

Dendoncker really is a joke of a footballer. Shocking. Would genuinely rather stick another attacker on and leave Neves on his own.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt the same.

In his defence, Neves has been carrying the ball forward more often this season, but when he’s also needed to take the ball off our CB’s toes he can’t do it all.

Dendoncker really is a joke of a footballer. Shocking. Would genuinely rather stick another attacker on and leave Neves on his own.
But we never had it as good !?!?!?

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just back (to Worcester) - was sat with the Hammers - 20 rows back on half way line - opposite side to dug outs.

observations:

1. I thought match had been cancelled - such was the lack of match day crowd as we mead our way from Paddington via Liverpool Street - only picked up at Stratford.

2. bag check etc was good and so were food outlets in and outside stadium- interestingly, they open exit gates at half time to allow you on to concourse for food etc - could we copy in some some areas ?

3. West Ham has zero home atmosphere - heard very little near us - much quieter then Billy Wright.

4. I thought West Ham team were very poor and very much there for the taking - their fans loathe Antonio and have little time for many of the others.

5. very much a wasted opportunity for us.

6. I thought Silva was far more dangerous than Raul has mostly been recently - and the Hammers around us were very complimentare.

7. I won’t repeat comments elsewhere re negative approach save to say a danger of three at the back is it easily becomes 5 at the back - and then little up top. At one stage it was though we thought the aim of the game was to keep possession rather than score goals.

8. frustrating thing is that we know we can play on the front foot - see early parts of Spurs and Arsenal - so why not here.

9. zouma is probably one of the best in the air in the league - so why pump high balls to Fabio?

10. I very much want Trincao to succeed but …he has to put more effort in 50/50s.

11. West Ham have 5 games v vile 6 - we have three - we can catch them - we need to try and catch one other.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Bruno will look at that starting line up and realise:

1 He can’t make 5 changes in Premier League matches.
2 Our squad is not good enough.
3 A box to box midfield player has to be a priority signing for next season.

Bruno has said that he wants 2 top players for every position. We do have 2 players for most positions but the replacements for the regular starters are not good enough. Hoever, Marcal, Trincao are imo examples of players who have not shown a hunger or appetite to cement a permanent starting place. When they have started (like today) they are nowhere near the quality of Semedo, RAN or Neto who would always start in front of them. Silva and Hwang are not in the same class as Raul or Podence either.

For us to make the next step we definitely need more quality in the squad which also needs to be increased in size.

Bruno has more or less inherited Nuno’s squad. He’s added Sa, Hwang and Trincao (on loan) and lost Patricio and Traore. If I haven’t missed anyone that is a net addition of one! I haven’t included MGW going out on loan for the season either.

Today was a big disappointment score wise and performance wise. Bruno is doing a great job imo but needs Jeff and FOSUN to show their ambition and recognition of the great job he is doing by backing him.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soon as I saw Hoever, Marcal, Dendoncker and Trincao on the team sheet I knew we were going to struggle..

Was hoping Trincao would do well but he's shown nothing to justify us signing him permanently..

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Bruno got the team selection wrong today, but that said I think it’s probably only the second time he has got the starting line up wrong the other one being Norwich at home in the cup so I can more than forgive him for today
I was surprised and disappointed when I saw the starting line up, for me assuming everyone fit with exception of Semedo then replace Hoever with Jonny, Marcal for Alt Nouri, Moutinho for Dendocker and Podence for Trincao
I believe that team would have won the game especially with Neto and Raul to come on
Gutted about Thursday and today but the next 5 games are winnable which wi keep us right in the mix for Europe next season

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For everyone saying Bruno got the team wrong today... (I agree)

But!

Fully fit, on our day, we'll give anyone a game... We know that.

At this level, to think we can play the same players game after game... we just can't. What does it say to those out of team if they can see team mates struggling for fitness or carrying knocks? As has been said, many have let themselves down today... but we HAVE to rotate or everyone will be dead on their feet.

Bruno probably thought he'd either have a team that was bummed from losing with the last kick of the game vs. Arsenal or might get a reaction from some 'fringe' players, resting some at the same time. Essentially giving him a free hit.

He's (hopefully) banking on beating Palace and Watford at home now.

To anyone thinking that Bruno doesn't want Europe - dream on!

Back
Top Bottom