Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Well done George Elokobi

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had tears in my eyes watching GE being interviewed there. Just fantastic. We've had one amazing Cup draw and if we win tomorrow what about home to Maidstone in the 5th round? That would just be the dog's *******s!
I join you there northnorthfolkwolf, folk like our George don't come along to often, and agree would be great welcoming him back home

Elokobi Wan

Reaction score
Massive congratulations to George! And how amazing would a matchup with Wolves be in the next round? Small matter of tomorrow first…

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A proper gentleman is big George. Many moons ago at the end of season dinner I got talking to him. I was on the scrounge as was involved in some fund raising for a friend who’s 3 year old daughter had a rare disease and had already had multiple operations at a young age at Great Ormand Street and was looking to raise £200k to send her to America for treatment. He asked for my mates number as he’d like to help. I thought nothing of it and thought he was fobbing me off really. He ended up getting a host of signed stuff, got the players to donate money (as a squad they made a significant donation) then put him in contact with Matt Murray who got the wolves all stars involved in a charity game. In the end the money got raised and treatment successful in the states and every Christmas he sends her a hand written Xmas card even though she’s now nearly 16.
Nice

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest difference between the Mick and Nuno era for me are that the victories over the Sky 6 were sweeter under Mick because they were mostly smash and grabs where we were under the cosh for pretty much the whole game and came in the context of us being a side who would always be battling relegation and with ambitions no higher than finishing 17th every season. The victories were all the better when they came because of it.

Under Nuno we took on the Sky 6 as equals and outplayed them regularly. We pretty much expected to beat Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs and knew we had a pretty good shot at beating Man City and Liverpool.
Great post. I obviously loved the Nuno era but for me, the Mick years will always be my favourite as a Wolves fan. Every PL victory meant more, because frankly, it was unexpected.

Hoping if we can avoid the obvious banana skin, it's Wolves v Maidstone in round 5.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A proper gentleman is big George. Many moons ago at the end of season dinner I got talking to him. I was on the scrounge as was involved in some fund raising for a friend who’s 3 year old daughter had a rare disease and had already had multiple operations at a young age at Great Ormand Street and was looking to raise £200k to send her to America for treatment. He asked for my mates number as he’d like to help. I thought nothing of it and thought he was fobbing me off really. He ended up getting a host of signed stuff, got the players to donate money (as a squad they made a significant donation) then put him in contact with Matt Murray who got the wolves all stars involved in a charity game. In the end the money got raised and treatment successful in the states and every Christmas he sends her a hand written Xmas card even though she’s now nearly 16.
Absolutely amazing

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only sad part and I say this with a heavy heart as he was my hero as a kid but bully got asked to get involved in the charity match as a guest manager and his only response was what his fee was which a) felt a bit cold as was for charity and b) was a considerable fee.

Disgraceful.... what a ****!!

Well done Big George and Maidstone, good things come to good people ( eventually).
The FA cup is still capable of producing magic moments.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Home tie against George's Maidstone in Round 5 would be amazing after tomorrow's victory.....

Klopps last FA Cup game in the last 16 and if carlsberg did FA cups.....

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
One of my favourite games and the one that made me a South Banker after years in the North Bank was his Man U game.

He was twisted in two by Nani from memory for them to go 1 up. That made George mad. And he single handed dragged us to victory.

Might have been 10 pints in and distorted my memory, but I'm keeping it

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So happy for the bloke. I remember being at his debut (Preston away, iirc) and he was honestly woeful (as was Stephen Elliot - that game made me realise I genuinely played with better footballers at Midland Combination level). As the weeks went on it was quickly apparent that Elokobi was putting every ounce of effort into matches and fighting for our club. Its hard to detect at times, when the chips are down and performances across the 11 are poor. With George, it was obvious. It wasn't just the novelty of his ripped physique that made him a cult hero, he'd die for the badge, and every now and then came up with the goods!

It would be incredible to see him clime the managerial ladder and succeed. What a moment for him today. Legend.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful.... what a ****!!

Well done Big George and Maidstone, good things come to good people ( eventually).
The FA cup is still capable of producing magic moments.
He wanted 4 figures to stand on the touchline for 90 mins in a charity match for what was at the time looking like a terminally ill child. Lost a lot of respect for him with that.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got himself really involved mate. Obviously it was a huge sum to raise and he helped massively. For all he gets stick at times as well, Jamie Ohara donated a VERY large amount seperately from the squad donation.
I listen to a fair bit of TalkSport and O'Hara seems like a good guy deep down. Obviously his time here turned out as a bit of a disaster and he's much maligned for the part he played himself but he doesn't seem a bad guy at all

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's beautiful. What a man.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Big George.
That´s me babbiee.

George has earned every bit of good things coming his way.A guy with a heart that was playing for the crest.
He´s one of the pack..and I hope we draw Maidstone at Mol for the fifth round so we can knock him out..:)

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the footballing gods are keeping the Maidstone v. Wolves showdown for Wembley. :)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hoping we would get a tie with the nicest, most genuine guy in world football. Maybe next round George!

Back
Top Bottom