Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Well done George Elokobi

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it really a bad era. Promotion under McCarthy, 3 seasons in the Prem, and memorable victories over Man utd, Chelsea and others. Guess you weren't watching Wolves in the 80s and 90s?

80s no, 90s yes.

It felt bad to me, being in the prem with Mick was absolutely grim because almost every time we played a big team we got absolutely battered.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80s no, 90s yes.

It felt bad to me, being in the prem with Mick was absolutely grim because almost every time we played a big team we got absolutely battered.
We was never in the premier league in the 90s

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We was never in the premier league in the 90s
Think you've misread the conversation there.

Agree about the Mick era. Play off final was epic but was a slog in the prem with just a couple of good memories.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read something years ago from Ian Holloway about the reception that Kenny Hibbit recieved in the late 80s when they came to Molineux with Bristol Rovers……
I was there for that. He walked out of the tunnel and went straight over to the South Bank. Got a huge ovation.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Think you've misread the conversation there.

Agree about the Mick era. Play off final was epic but was a slog in the prem with just a couple of good memories.
That first year I remember quite fondly.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic. Always a 200% Wolf. Not the biggest talent, but certainly the biggest heart we have ever had. Always so nice to everyone; always so humble; a loving family man. I still cherish the picture of him cuddling his children in the end of season lap of honour when we were promoted! A man who deserves all the good times.

I just wish more managers were made from the same granite as George, rather than the moaning, whingeing, angry, miserable lot who seem so prevalent at the top of the game. Good on yer mate!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he was appointed Maidstone manager I put them in my favourites on flashscore app so I would get the results sent to me.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic effort from all. From what I have seen previously, Big George seems to be a decent manager.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mick's body double. Not too friendly with Johnson by all accounts!

Milijas

Reaction score
Anyone heard his interview with Jamie Ohara on talksport just now.. (on YouTube)
Must of been hard as I remember he wanted to batter Ohara for constantly digging out his mate Adlene Guedioura.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom