Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

Sidaway

Reaction score
just seen this one on twitter

Oh Gomes is Brazilian
He’s going to the top
He’s coming to the wanderers
And told Lyon to **** off
He wants to join the wolf pack
He’s wanderers through and through
And when we play the albion
He’ll snap the ****s in two
Link us that tweet, superb chant

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's guaranteed to have already been posted on this thread somewhere, but below is his full season show from last year:

I'm sorry but he's gonna be a genuine Wolves cult hero. Look at those challenges and tackles. He celebrates some of them like he's scored.

I'm buzzing (if you couldn't tell)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's guaranteed to have already been posted on this thread somewhere, but below is his full season show from last year:

I'm sorry but he's gonna be a genuine Wolves cult hero. Look at those challenges and tackles. He celebrates some of them like he's scored.

I'm buzzing (if you couldn't tell)
The new Keith Downing aka Psycho lol....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just seen this one on twitter

Oh Gomes is Brazilian
He’s going to the top
He’s coming to the wanderers
And told Lyon to **** off
He wants to join the wolf pack
He’s wanderers through and through
And when we play the albion
He’ll snap the ****s in two
Oh yes please. Not like anyone has to learn a new song. We need a new tatter variant.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I haven’t read all of the posts, but what’s our best balanced 11 now?
There's a tricky question!

Sa
Semedo-Dawson-Kilman-Bueno
Nunes-Neves-Gomes
Sarabia-Cunha-Podence

Leaves me feeling very sorry for Collins, Lemina and RAN in particular.

Maybe against weaker opposition

Sa
Semedo-Dawson-Kilman-RAN
Nunes-Neves
Sarabia
Hwang-Cunha-Podence

Plenty of options (especially if Cunha can score and Gomes and Sarabia live up to expectations).

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes flying tomorrow

Sold by Flamengo to Wolverhampton, João Gomes travels this Saturday to introduce himself to the English club. Tickets have already been issued.

The midfielder was bought by Wolves for 18.7 million euros and can still pay another 1.5 million euros in bonuses.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It just feels good to know that we finally have FIVE first team (6 including Hodge) centre midfielders in the squad!!

Something we have been asking for every transfer window since promotion! We finally have strength in depth!

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It just feels good to know that we finally have FIVE first team (6 including Hodge) centre midfielders in the squad!!

Something we have been asking for every transfer window since promotion! We finally have strength in depth!
7 when Boubs is fit

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He, unlike Cutrone, actually wants to come!
Very fair point that. It seems Julen is very consistent in wanting players that want to play for Wolves. Sarabia, Lemina, Gomes, Cunha, Dawson were all keen to come here, no doubt in large part to the appeal of playing for a world class manager.

I feel like in the past we've taken players that were on the fence about joining us, and no doubt for the top players there is always an element of convincing them, but you always worry if they aren't fully committed, i.e. Guedes taking three years to convince, Nunes dragged his feet, Cutrone didn't want to leave Milan, Semedo probably didn't want to leave Barca etc.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very fair point that. It seems Julen is very consistent in wanting players that want to play for Wolves. Sarabia, Lemina, Gomes, Cunha, Dawson were all keen to come here, no doubt in large part to the appeal of playing for a world class manager.

I feel like in the past we've taken players that were on the fence about joining us, and no doubt for the top players there is always an element of convincing them, but you always worry if they aren't fully committed, i.e. Guedes taking three years to convince, Nunes dragged his feet, Cutrone didn't want to leave Milan, Semedo probably didn't want to leave Barca etc.
I seem to recall Boly and Jonny not really wanting to come either. They did ok for us. Until the last year or two, granted.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome lad!
You be like Zico to us(and I don´t mean Geoff Palmer here)..and we´ll get along dandy indeed..:;-)

We´ll all love ya if you play up to the crestr around your heart.
Failure is not an option.

Welcome Joao..this could be the beginning of something wonderful.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to recall Boly and Jonny not really wanting to come either. They did ok for us. Until the last year or two, granted.
Yeh I was thinking about those as well. I think it took a while to convince Jota as well from what I can remember. It's certainly not the defining characteristic of a transfer, but it certainly helps if they genuinely want to play for the club. I suspect Gyokeres would be very keen for the opportunity to play at this level after Brighton effectively gave up on him...

Back
Top Bottom