Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me this twitter bloke seems to know a hell of a lot about both deals. He has generally been the only one giving out constant information about the deal. Seems a bit dodgy to me. He first reported it, then Lyon come in, he knows exactly how much each have bid, then everyday since new information. Seems to me he is stirring things up.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been well and truly stitched up - and so, even more sadly, has young Mr Gomes! Doing business with dishonourable people is always extremely risky- as well as time-consuming and immensely frustrating - maybe we should give the “South American Market” a wide berth in future? Plenty more fish in the sea!

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me this twitter bloke seems to know a hell of a lot about both deals. He has generally been the only one giving out constant information about the deal. Seems a bit dodgy to me. He first reported it, then Lyon come in, he knows exactly how much each have bid, then everyday since new information. Seems to me he is stirring things up.
Lyon/ Flamengo probably feeding him what they want. Scummy clubs trying to force a 21 year old kid into doing something he doesn't want to do.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been well and truly stitched up - and so, even more sadly, has young Mr Gomes! Doing business with dishonourable people is always extremely risky- as well as time-consuming and immensely frustrating - maybe we should give the “South American Market” a wide berth in future? Plenty more fish in the sea!
Yes maybe we can find another Portuguese kid to spunk £35m on.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Even assuming it's all falling apart, it seems a bit extreme to write off an entire continent on the basis on one dodgy owner.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought Vene was ITK on this but it's becoming more and more apparent he's Flamengo's mouthpiece. Imo Flamengo are panicking and are leaking stories to try and force Wolves' hand. Player still holds all the cards.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's the most reliable reporter for Flamengo. I imagine he's probably being fed information directly from the club, hence why we're getting anti-wolves information, but that just essentially tells us what Flamengo's thought process is during this ordeal.

If they won't sell to us now, what can we do? Sure, Gomes might still prefer the premier league & want to keep his word to us, but Flamengo will likely keep this stance right to the last minute. If it comes to that, what would Gomes prefer, no move at all? or a move to Lyon and playing in Europe? If he sees it as between the two, I think he'd choose the latter personally.

Unless we give in and match our bid to what Lyon offered, I can't see how he joins us right now - Would love to be proven wrong though!

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's all well and good, unless the player refuses it.
Flamengo will keep this stance for the remaining 11 days of the window most likely. If you're Gomes & see, late on with the clock ticking, that Lyon is your only viable chance of a move to Europe, I'd struggle to see him turning it down - as much as he'd love to keep his word to us & wear old gold in the Premier League.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flamengo will keep this stance for the remaining 11 days of the window most likely. If you're Gomes, & see late on with the clock ticking, that Lyon is your only viable chance of a move to Europe, I'd struggle to see him turning it down - as much as he'd love to keep his word to us & wear old gold in the Premier League.
Except that if he does hold out it royally ****s Flamengo who have already bought his replacement and need the money....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he is, seems he's their mouthpiece.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flamengo will keep this stance for the remaining 11 days of the window most likely. If you're Gomes, & see late on with the clock ticking, that Lyon is your only viable chance of a move to Europe, I'd struggle to see him turning it down - as much as he'd love to keep his word to us & wear old gold in the Premier League.
On the other hand if Gomes holds firm,Flamengo potentially loses out on a massive transfer fee, knowing too well they've already signed at replacement and that Gomes value decreases when he turns 22.
Flamengo really has the poorest set of hands here so it's pretty odd they're acting up. But as others have said, it's probably their way of putting pressure on Wolves..and Gomes.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The #freejoaogomes seems very misplaced to me. It can only make flamengo just dig in further. They can easily present themselves as standing up to typical gringo arrogance. Having lived on brazyfor some time, I would also say that I never saw a Brazilian back down. Having hostile relations with a big Brazilian club also does not seem like a good long-term strategy for wolves, however infuriating it might be to negotiate with them.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What seems odd to me is that Lyon are persuing this deal. Clearly the player doesn't want to join and as we know, that will transalate into his performances.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fa43df2f3cce32094b0b7a312f1fe38a.png

Flamengo's president Rodolfo Landim really seems like a stand-up guy.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a cultural thing and how they see the honour in agreeing a price and seeing it through with honesty and integrity.

They need the money, well known the longer your in Brazil the more your value goes down as the next Brazilian “teen sensation” is already coming off the conveyor belt.

Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes and doing this to a Chinese company is the definition of stupid games in business.

He will sign, I am very confident on that. They won’t want an unhappy player depreciating in value.

We also don’t know the “actual” bid or value agreed so wouldn’t know anyway if we did bump it up. But I don’t think we will.

We walked away from Botman when they did similar. So we have precedent for holding true to the originally agreed value.
Having dealt with several chinese companies and seeing how they operate, integrity and honour? You're having a laugh - total and utter opposite at least in software and manufacturing (IP theft in particular but a number of other things too). Japanese, maybe tho no experience there for a long time. Very specifically chinese companies are treated with great care and trust is very low (and fixers common, and fraud/lies common). Obvs not all companies, just a higher proportion than one would like due to different norms.

How fosun operate with regard to wolves I've no idea and they seem stand up but don't buy into this integrity and honour rubbish. They're just a business.

Last edited:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What seems odd to me is that Lyon are persuing this deal. Clearly the player doesn't want to join and as we know, that will transalate into his performances.
I think you're wrong.

He doesn't want to join because he wants the Premier League. Not because he has anything against Lyon.

If Flamengo convinces him that they will not under any circumstance sell to Wolves, he'd definitely play for Lyon with full commitment.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if Lyon then improve their bid to £20m? The goal posts could potentially keep moving. We will not get a fair negotiation at this point. Sadly Gomes is being let down very badly by his club.
We need to say "tell us a price and if we agree, you sign the paperwork immediately."

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having dealt with several chinese companies and seeing how they operate, integrity and honour? You're having a laugh - total and utter opposite at least in software and manufacturing (IP theft in particular but a number of other things too). Japanese, maybe tho no experience there for a long time. Very specifically chinese companies are treated with great care and trust is very low (and fixers common, and fraud/lies common). Obvs not all companies, just a higher proportion than one would like due to different norms.

How fosun operate with regard to wolves I've no idea and they seem stand up but don't buy into this integrity and honour rubbish. They're just a business.
Everyone has different experiences with the same cultures due to the industries and circles they move in.

What I said is based upon the people I know who are of Chinese heritage and from speaking to people I know who work/worked in China in the sporting arena.

But yeah tech industry is the Wild West, not going to argue that lol

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we think he is a top player in the making, surely just matching Lyon's offer is the sensible thing to do.
Nope can’t be seen to give into this sort of behaviour - every time we try and go into the market we will get bullied if we are known to fold.
Not worth getting involved with peoples who deal like this.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope can’t be seen to give into this sort of behaviour - every time we try and go into the market we will get bullied if we are known to fold.
Not worth getting involved with peoples who deal like this.
for 2 million? I hope if we don't get him that he sells in 3 years for 60 million.

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The #freejoaogomes seems very misplaced to me. It can only make flamengo just dig in further. They can easily present themselves as standing up to typical gringo arrogance. Having lived on brazyfor some time, I would also say that I never saw a Brazilian back down. Having hostile relations with a big Brazilian club also does not seem like a good long-term strategy for wolves, however infuriating it might be to negotiate with them.
I know what you mean about Brazilians in football but the bottom line here is that we don't actually need to work with them in the future. One could equally argue that them screwing this deal up only reflects badly on them and that when they get a valuable asset in future, English clubs will be very wary. IMO, Wolves are playing this the right way. Can we afford extra money for this deal? Probably. Should we pay extra after a deal has been agreed? Absolutely not. Each player has a value and a worth. We should not exceed what we feel is the right value / worth.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One way or another, whatever eventually concludes, we will definitely regret not completing this deal, whether that's down to us being principle demigods' or otherwise. Football doesn't work out sweet for us.
Please explain. Why would we regret this deal not happening? We've just seen a player we wanted loaned out to Benfica because it didn't work out. Transfers are always something of a gamble.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please explain. Why would we regret this deal not happening? We've just seen a player we wanted loaned out to Benfica because it didn't work out. Transfers are always something of a gamble.
Pretty simple. If he goes on to be worth double or more, and we walked over a couple million... It's a huge regret.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
for 2 million? I hope if we don't get him that he sells in 3 years for 60 million.
What if he flops ?
We’d be stupid to allow them to keep moving the goalposts he’s 21 he may be a superstar or he may not

Back
Top Bottom