Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good people…..you’ll know he’s coming when you see white smoke. :)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds to me he’s on his way to us lol
I agree. He posted this at like 11pm his time. Long after a meeting took place with Textor which was reported as happening this afternoon. I feel like if he agreed to join Lyon this afternoon, something would have came out by now.

But to play devil's advocate, I guess it could mean he went home to think about it and around 11pm decided that after all this time, Lyon is the choice.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IMO, owners of clubs very rarely travel to just a possible transfer target, unless it just needs a bigger cheque to get it over the line.
How many times have we heard of Guo going to personally secure a 'potential' transfer target? or any owner, Glazer, J.Henry etc.

Say I own a club, I want a player, who has said no multiple times to my connected agents, DoF and CEO, the only reason I'm flying there is if I've been told directly that my personnel guarantees and cheque book WILL get this deal over the line, otherwise I aint going to embarrass myself to come back empty handed?

Obviously I really hope I'm wrong though

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO, owners of clubs very rarely travel to just a possible transfer target, unless it just needs a bigger cheque to get it over the line.
How many times have we heard of Guo going to personally secure a 'potential' transfer target? or any owner, Glazer, J.Henry etc.

Say I own a club, I want a player, who has said no multiple times to my connected agents, DoF and CEO, the only reason I'm flying there is if I've been told directly that my personnel guarantees and cheque book WILL get this deal over the line, otherwise I aint going to embarrass myself to come back empty handed?

Shi went to Spain to personally convince Loppy to join us earlier in last year and came back empty-handed. It happens. Luckily, Loppy saw sense and as his father' health improved, he changed his mind.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi went to Spain to personally convince Loppy to join us earlier in last year and came back empty-handed. It happens. Luckily, Loppy saw sense and as his father' health improved, he changed his mind.
We’ll never know, but I suspect that Guo had a direct hand in JL’s change of mind.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's my point bro, Shi went, the CEO. Not Guo, the owner. The owner of the club has gone over to see him.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He does have a stake in a rival Brazilian team so probably didn’t fly out just for Gomes

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's my point bro, Shi went, the CEO. Not Guo, the owner. The owner of the club has gone over to see him.
I read somewhere that Textor and the owner of Flemengo were personal friends, though. That may explain it!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that were true, it would prove my point too. owners stepping in ain't good for us in this instance
Forget the term ’owners’………just a different word for ‘the suits’. ………those in charge.

Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Glass half empty: The owner has gone to see him. I remember a Forest fan saying that they'd get MGW because the owner was determined and wouldn't have his ego dented by a rejection.

Glass half full: 'Time is a teacher.' Time has finally taught Lyon he's coming to Wolves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if and big if he has finally userped flamengo into signing for wolves, id love him in by friday gives him a week training should have bedded in for the biggest february of wolves league seasons for a long time

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll call it now…….IF he comes…after his first 25 min sub appearance he will regret it as he becomes the next scapegoat on the conveyor belt!!
Hahaha. I remember when we signed Raul before the World Cup and he came on as a sub vs Germany on the right wing - I genuinely said to my dad “oh God, looks like we signed a donkey”.

So yea, I make you right!!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But the Lyon owner has already spoken to him, and he said he wants to go to Wolves. Remember Textor has other interests in Brazil, as he owns a club there too. Also, as reported in a previous post, there is a political dance going on amongst different groups of clubs in Brazil over control of the league, and he is involved in that as is Flamengo. So showing up in person can serve multiple purposes, not just because he thinks he’s going to secure a player who frankly Lyon don’t need.

Back
Top Bottom